Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    More bs to be delivered, perhaps roll out voice of the fans Richard Murray, difficult negotiations, still two buyers ect ect wash, rinse repeat
  • Options
    It should be boycotted.
    It only legitimises the current owner and demeans those who go.
  • Options

Good to see the fans forum, for all its limitations and flaws, trying to get answers from the club that aren't available elsewhere.

Those claiming it's a waste of time were the same people who last time were demanding instant feedback and verbatim minutes seconds after the meeting ended.

Bromley Addicks members can raise any issues with @killerjerrylee , our representative.

Agree with you Henry, thevrecent EFL letter and getting this meeting are goid steps for CAST to be taking.
  • Options
    iainment said:

It should be boycotted.

The scene opens in a darken room above a pub. Three glasses of nearly empty pints and a plate with one tiny curled up cheese sandwich on it

Dumb “I know, let’s organise a meeting and make them tell us what is going on”

Dumber “ Good idea, give ‘em a call

Dumb “ There on their way over, what are we going to ask?”

Dumber “Quick, let’s bugger off before they get here, that will show ‘em we mean business”

• Options
    well done CAST
  • Options

well done CAST

Great live
    cast.jpg 582.1K
  • Options
    If you're going to sup with the devil make sure you use a long spoon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

iainment said:

It should be boycotted.

I could have this wrong, but did you not have a bitch fit on here because the minutes weren't up, even though we were playing in a world cup semi-final?

You really do post some strange things.
    I liked your post, but really wanted to add a second like for the phrase "bitch fit". Brilliant!
  • Options
    Let's hope for some proper answers on this one.
  • Options

Bromley Addicks members can raise any issues with @killerjerrylee , our representative.

Not very inclusive.

• Options
    Addickted said:

Not very inclusive.

You can ask Maidstone Addicks rep.
  • Options
    I can’t believe that we haven’t had sight of the agenda yet. What the fuck is going on?

:wink:
  • Options

iainment said:

iainment said:

It should be boycotted.

I could have this wrong, but did you not have a bitch fit on here because the minutes weren't up, even though we were playing in a world cup semi-final?

If it happens those who go should be mindful of who they are there for and report to the fans asp.
    It's a pr exercise that's all.
    So, to be clear, people shouldn't go because you say they shouldn't, but if they do go then they should report to you as soon as they walk out of the door.

Honestly, what is wrong with you? Charlton fans, different breed.
    I think it should be cold shouldered. It's my opinion.
    This board is about opinions.
    If my opinion isn't agreed to by the majority then it won't be acted on and I accept that.
    If the meeting goes ahead I can have opinions about that.
    Which include expecting fans reps to report to fans in a timely (speedy) way.
    I hope that meets with your approval guvnor.
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

It should be boycotted.

If it happens those who go should be mindful of who they are there for and report to the fans asp.
    So, to be clear, people shouldn't go because you say they shouldn't, but if they do go then they should report to you as soon as they walk out of the door.

If my opinion isn't agreed to by the majority then it won't be acted on and I accept that.
    Timely and speedy mean different things. I would say that given the circumstances and other things on at the time the minutes and write ups were pretty timely last time. You might argue that they weren't speedy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

It should be boycotted.

iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

It should be boycotted.

I agree about the minutes. They should be published in the very next match programme that it is possible to do so.

Wycombe on the 8th September.

Or, as it was the trust who called for the meeting they could include in their Friday blog. No one could possibly complain at that.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

It should be boycotted.

iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

It should be boycotted.

I agree about the minutes. They should be published in the very next match programme that it is possible to do so.

Wycombe on the 8th September.

Or, as it was the trust who called for the meeting they could include in their Friday blog. No one could possibly complain at that.
    Good call Redrobo, although I am sure there are some that would want some of the items redacted, As someone who attended these meetings albeit a few years ago what is urgently needed is robust and transparent answers to questions raised by the participants. Whenever RD leaves?..... there needs to be one hell of a rebuilding exercise to regain the trust of fans, and trying to regain the faith that some of us had in this once great club.
  • Options

Of course it's a PR exercise
    And all the more necessary after we say 'Auf Wiedersehen' to the BFG at the weekend
    The NDA(s) will be the stock lie repeated to all requests for detail on the who, what, why, where and WHEN the takeover is at.
    The true depth of the catastrophe currently befalling CAFC's finances has come home noisily and clumsily to roost with the pitiful level of revenue now generated - collapsed S/T sales, drip fed from the nervous credit-card facilitator, negligible walk-up attendance, shop and catering operating at a gross loss, hospitality boxes empty, open dissent from playing staff.
    National and international media laying bare the preposterous management ethos and dubious historical network shenanigens.
    2shits cage is well and truly rattled, he has no hint of a clue as to what he actually needs to do next but somebody there (LDT?) comprehends enough to know they need to be seen to do anything, and "engagement" FFS is it.
    If we learn anything new and significant, that actually comes to pass, I'll donate at least the cost of a match ticket, a programme and a bovril to my favourite local charity. Of course if the ownership changes, the new owners will benefit from all that revenue, and more besides, 20 odd times a season.
    CAST, may the forum be with you.

So, you would say, success so far let us move on for more :wink:
  • Options
    He certainly needs to answer the rumours about a legit new bidder now.
  • Options

He certainly needs to answer the rumours about a legit new bidder now.

By "...answer the rumours..." I take it you mean '...flesh out the hitherto tissue thin drivel that couldn't half convince even the most wilfully deluded numbskull...'?
  • Options
    iainment said:

iainment said:

It should be boycotted.

But it’s something the fans have been calling for. And it’s something that the club could happily do without.
  • Options
    Is it not a EFL requirement that the clubs have to meet fan representational groups?

One of the reasons that I became so disenchanted with the FF under the RD \KM forum was the way that the club simply brushed aside these meetings, and suspended talks when it suited them. I also was not personally convinced that the format was correct, why should the 'club' chair the meetings, There certainly were people that were more than capable of doing that when I was on it. No, the club wanted to control the agenda, and railroad some of the issues, POTY being a prime example. The simple issue here is and was, Does the club respect and value the fans, and there representatives at these meetings?.

It is not an optional question to myself, which is why I walked away, and others.

I was not prepared to be a nodding donkey, and felt it frankly insulting the way some of the representatives were treated for there time, experience and frankly well run events. But certain CAFC people thought they knew better.!. I think we know the answer to that.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    It is absolutely the case that when Meire was attending these FF meetings she liked to be in control of the agenda.
    However, in the one fan meeting which I attended in 2017 (one of a series with supporters' groups) I'm pretty sure it was the CAST chairman who was chairing the meeting although Rubbershow tried to protect Meire by interjecting if she was floundering.

This was 3.5 years into the regime so Meire was getting tough questions from the off and was very uncomfortable at the start (perhaps she expected more deference or respect?) although we had all at that stage seen/heard multiple examples of Meire's capacity to say the wrong thing at the wrong time and even the wrong thing at the right time.

Anyway, we know much less about de Turck, but CAST always do their homework and if they are again in the chair then the searching questions will be asked but it may be too much to expect much detail in his replies other than the the kind of platitudes often trotted out in these circs