Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jeff Fairburn - Persimmon

£47.1m pay packet in 2017 - worth every penny!

Comments

• £47.1m pay packet in 2017 - worth every penny!

just think what they could do with £45m.........like build better homes for a start. (I think £2m salary is enough for anyone)
  • Usual arguments trotted out to justify this twat's salary - the main concern of a lot of CEOs seems to be their salary rather than doing a good job.

I thought he got a £110M bonus. At £47M he must be feeling the squeeze.

Think he agreed to give up half his shares.

I'm usually all for people at the top having skin in the game so to speak, but frankly that level is absurd.

Would love to see his package and reasons, although share price hasn't moved upwards since 12 months ago, I suspect this was set at year end when shares had increase from around £17 to £27 so I wonder if his incentive was based on share price movement which would make sense.

Shame it's a share bonus,
  • Rob7Lee said:

£47.1m pay packet in 2017 - worth every penny!

Think he agreed to give up half his shares.

I'm usually all for people at the top having skin in the game so to speak, but frankly that level is absurd.

Would love to see his package and reasons, although share price hasn't moved upwards since 12 months ago, I suspect this was set at year end when shares had increase from around £17 to £27 so I wonder if his incentive was based on share price movement which would make sense.

Shame it's a share bonus,
    This is probably misleading. Persimmon is in the middle of a long-term process to return capital to shareholders by way of heavy duty dividends. With £1.25 per share paid out on 29 March and another £1.10 per share on 2 July. The share price will, of course reflect those diminutions of capital.
  • Makes football players wages seem like minimum wage. £880,000 pw.
  • Leading by example at the top. Always claim that they have a unique skill set despite nobody being able to explain what it is.

You have to pay top wages and bonuses just to get them to do their job - the same logic doesn't apply to the rest of the workforce.

I doubt anyone else would be willing to do his job for such a pittance.

• Absurd salary.

And I bet he didn't pay £21m in Income tax
  • Disgusting.... No-one is worth that sort of money....their excuses for it are even worse.... Maybe they could use his wages to reduce the price of homes.
  • Sponsored links: