Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Spurs stadium not ready

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Opened to 6,000 season ticket holders yesterday for a first look inside. Thought it was interesting as a bit of a new stadium nerd. Could do without the Spurs fan presenting it though...

https://youtu.be/ccoQANeLQVk
  • It's like Wembley, Arsenal & W Ham as you would expect.
  • edited December 2018
    Very possible that the first match could be FA Cup 4th round tie. Hope the Preston/Doncaster fans enjoy their day out!
  • Impressed with that. I think it has more character and will be more atmospheric than the grounds mentioned above. Hope we get to play there someday.
  • My mate went there this weekend. He sent me some videos. I think it looks like a dream stadium - The steepness of the stands should lend it an atmosphere that the likes of Arsenal and West Ham lack.
  • Has it actually got an official name?
    Usually just hear it called the “Tottenham Hotspur Stadium”
    Also heard a few “new white hart lane”

I guess in reality it’s going to go to the highest bidder and be called the Pepsi Max Arena or the Bet 888 Wonder Dome
  • I thought the main difference between the new spurs stadium and Arsenal and Wet Soam was the large ‘Kop end’ style south stand across a single raked level.

I did get a bit bored with the video but while he was sitting in that end I didn’t see any video of was it looked like from the pitch or elsewhere in the ground. Given that’s the most significant thing about their stadium would have expected a bit more:

Perhaps I missed it chuckling myself about their cock on a football motif.
  • It looks like something else. Best ground in the country once completed.
  • Very impressive stadium and not sterile like many of the the new builds.

The football world is moving on very fast without us.
  • Despite it being 62000 all seater the ground is very compact with a great view from all seats.

Lots of nice little touches are in abundance that look back to the past.

We are still well behind on the testing side of things though
  • Sponsored links:

• Has it actually got an official name?
    Usually just hear it called the “Tottenham Hotspur Stadium”
    Also heard a few “new white hart lane”

I guess in reality it’s going to go to the highest bidder and be called the Pepsi Max Arena or the Bet 888 Wonder Dome

It's being named after a well known cricket ground in Pakistan.
    Only cricket fans will know what I am talking about.
  • cafc999 said:

Despite it being 62000 all seater the ground is very compact with a great view from all seats.

We?
  • cafc999 said:

Despite it being 62000 all seater the ground is very compact with a great view from all seats.

We?
    My company is over there work for Spurs, hence the 'we. I am CAFC through n through
  • Very impressive. Very envious.
  • Have access all areas pass and it is amazing. Wasted on spurs
  • Looks fabulous. I have to say the whole concept of being able to take the pitch out and put it back in again is simply mind boggling.
  • Great stadium but still wank transport links haven’t they.
  • Don’t forget the artisanal cheese bar.
  • It's like Wembley, Arsenal & W Ham as you would expect.

Absolutely nothing like any of them. For a start the stands are tight to the pitch so will have a decent atmosphere.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2018
    It looks amazing
  • The concourses look like a posh American shopping Mall ! I know we have to move forward, but don't think it's looking to sell a pie and a pint ! More chance of buying a suit !
  • edited December 2018
    Prices looked reasonable from what I saw. £4 a pint.
  • Prices looked reasonable from what I saw. £4 a pint.

Yep, £4 a pint of Amstel and Heinekken. And £5 a pint for Beavertown Neck Oil and I think it was £5.50 for Gamma Ray. More than reasonable.

Have you seen how the pints fill from the bottom?

• edited December 2018
    I saw these in the states a few years back. I was shitfaced and thought it was pure alchemy.

I’m jealous of the Neck Oil.
  • So when do they expect the first game to be?
  • I was told last week it would be the Newcastle game on 2nd Feb.

Apparently corporate invites to sponsors have already gone out stating that but we'll just have to wait and see.
  • the pints from the bottom have been at wembley since 2016
  • the pints from the bottom have been at wembley since 2016

lol have they? That shows you how many times I've been to the bar at half time!