Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Spurs stadium not ready

Comments

• Options
    Paddypower tweeted this

TOTTENHAM STADIUM SPECIALS
    EVENS – All Champions League group games to be played at Wembley
    9/4 – No games to be played at the new stadium in 2018
    25/1 – Spurs not to play there for the remainder of the 18/19 season
    500/1 – Tottenham to purchase Wembley stadium
    500/1 – Building to be halted altogether on the new stadium

Based on what @JohnBoyUK and others have said, the 9/4 looks good
  • Options
    No doubt they’ll have to rearrange some fixtures with the NFL camped out at Wembley for the month of October. Wasn’t Spurs stadium partly funded by the NFL? Bet they’re not happy.
  • Options
    Nug said:

No doubt they’ll have to rearrange some fixtures with the NFL camped out at Wembley for the month of October. Wasn’t Spurs stadium partly funded by the NFL? Bet they’re not happy.

Yep x2
  • Options

Macronate said:

Levy must've known this would happen when he appointed O'Reilly as principal contractor.

Oh really?
    No, O'Reilly
  • Options
    It’s a lovely stadium. Fair play. Best of the new breed of grounds
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

That was the longest 3 hrs 1 min of @Friend Or Defoe s life waiting for the punchline to be posted.

Got knows how Spurs fans cope with it!
  • Options
    My mates Dad works on the new stadium. He's been telling me since about March or even before that the Stadium wouldn't be ready nearly in time.

Terrible that they didn't announce this until now.

Also those saying Tottenham fans can't complain because we have a worse situation... How would you feel if we were moving to a new stadium and we were charged higher prices for season tickets despite the club knowing we wont be moving at the start of the season. Just because we have worse problems doesn't make theirs non-existent.
  • Options
    Being reported now that the FA and PL have rejected Spurs' request to reverse the Man City fixture in October.

Unable to play it at Wembley due to the NFL game.

Absolute shambles.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Would have asked Greater Manchester Police as well, who would have probably rejected the request as well. United are at home on the Saturday against Everton.

If it was switched it would mean City's last three games of the season being away from home.

Anyway it's Spurs problem, London Stadium for that game would be funny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My mates Dad works on the new stadium. He's been telling me since about March or even before that the Stadium wouldn't be ready nearly in time.

Terrible that they didn't announce this until now.

Also those saying Tottenham fans can't complain because we have a worse situation... How would you feel if we were moving to a new stadium and we were charged higher prices for season tickets despite the club knowing we wont be moving at the start of the season. Just because we have worse problems doesn't make theirs non-existent.

Rumours are if they announced the real date the FA would have pushed them into another whole season at Wembley. They're trying a fast one which made end up being catastrophic!

:smiley:
  • Options
    recent costings they are about 150 million over estimate approaching a billion original estimate was ball park 400 mill then 750 then 850, the best bit of business they have done is keeping the team together as i cannot see them having money for signings for a few season they are also going to have to pay fans back, was a ridiculous time scale on the project as was nigh on impossible to complete, my issue with the new whl is no transport links have been improved have they? still making it a bit of a pain to get to.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Being reported now that the FA and PL have rejected Spurs' request to reverse the Man City fixture in October.

Absolute shambles.

Could always play it at Harringay Borough's ground, only a mile away
  • Options

recent costings they are about 150 million over estimate approaching a billion original estimate was ball park 400 mill then 750 then 850, the best bit of business they have done is keeping the team together as i cannot see them having money for signings for a few season they are also going to have to pay fans back, was a ridiculous time scale on the project as was nigh on impossible to complete, my issue with the new whl is no transport links have been improved have they? still making it a bit of a pain to get to.

I don't think getting to White Hart Lane will be a challenge us Charlton fans will have to worry about for a considerable amount of time! Unless you are talking NFL games!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Absolute shambles.

Could play it at The Emirates ;-)
  • Options
    Imagine if Tottenham have to go begging to Arsenal or Chelsea to host their game for them.

Or Twickenham maybe?
  • Options
    Twickenham I seriously doubt, plus the PL will want to make Spurs sweat and have it in a stadium which is 100% compliant. England play South Africa the following week anyway, so they won't want to cut the grass short enough for example
  • Options
    I am working over there. It's a shambles
  • Options
    Think Chelsea enquired about Twickenham but it was a no go as the council limits the number of non-rugby events.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:

Think Chelsea enquired about Twickenham but it was a no go as the council limits the number of non-rugby events.

The locals and therefore the council wouldn’t tolerate football fans at Twickers. They make it restrictive enough to hold rugby there hence evening games only happening recently and still being very rare

• Options
    Why can't they use the Valley?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Heard last week that they've not even started the electrical first fix - is that correct?
  • Options
    Why didn’t they just agree a 2 year deal with Wembley and take their time to get the new stadium ready?

I read today that Levy earns more than Gazidis and Woodward combined, and yet he's overseen no summer signings and the stadium delay. He earns over 115k a week, that's more than some of the Spurs first team!
  • Options
    If the pitch is in place can they play it behind closed doors at the new stadium?
  • Options
    Not without floodlights or power in the changing rooms
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Maybe those two facts are related Stu : - )
  • Options

Why didn’t they just agree a 2 year deal with Wembley and take their time to get the new stadium ready?

I read today that Levy earns more than Gazidis and Woodward combined, and yet he's overseen no summer signings and the stadium delay. He earns over 115k a week, that's more than some of the Spurs first team!

Jesus.....

I don't even earn that in a month!
    I don't either, some months.