Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's Official. Our Fans do matter to Roland!

Comments

• Options
    Interestingly our staff wages accounted for 146% of turnover in 16/17 season. Clearly this didn't equate to success.

As a thought both Bolton and Blackburn had transfer embargo's and had very similar overspends. I wonder why we didn't end up in that position, given our accounts were pretty damning.
  • Options
    The findings back up what I’ve longed bitched about going back to our PL days, season ticket prices. The real money is to be made from other sources and to do that you need full stadiums to sell your product. Charging fans a fortune to get in is the slow boat to financial and football ruin.
  • Options

Addicks supporters have done everything from stage sit-ins, storm board meetings, flown to Duchatelet's hometown in Belgium to protest and thrown pig-shaped stress relievers on the pitch to make their point.
    Sit-ins and storm board meetings?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Addicks supporters have done everything from stage sit-ins, storm board meetings, flown to Duchatelet's hometown in Belgium to protest and thrown pig-shaped stress relievers on the pitch to make their point.
    Sit-ins and storm board meetings?</</b>blockquote>

If only :neutral:
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Sit-ins and storm board meetings?

I remember the sit in and I think it was the directors' area in the west that was 'stormed' not the boardroom.
  • Options
    I wonder why West Ham made such a profit? One for you @PragueAddick
  • Options
    Not sure where the 'storm the boardroom' bit came from but the sit in referred to is the blocking of the car-park.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The 41.7% is of turnover of £7.6m, down from £12m the previous year, meaning ticket revenue was £3.16m. Profit from transfers was £16.2m i.e more than twice turnover. Not difficult to see why RD prioritises running a player farm rather than a football club.
  • Options

The 41.7% is of turnover of £7.6m, down from £12m the previous year, meaning ticket revenue was £3.16m. Profit from transfers was £16.2m i.e more than twice turnover. Not difficult to see why RD prioritises running a player farm rather than a football club.

True, except he's never even tried to run a football club.
  • Options
    Some season ticket holders go because they love the club they have supported since kids.I am not a season ticket holder but love the club as much as I did when I first went in 1972.
    Let's not split the fan base when its most needed.
    Support the team not the regime.
  • Options
    Jon2461 said:

Some season ticket holders go because they love the club they have supported since kids.I am not a season ticket holder but love the club as much as I did when I first went in 1972.

Genuine question...How do you support the team and not the regime without putting money into RDs pocket?
  • Options

I wonder why West Ham made such a profit? One for you @PragueAddick

On the BBC radio report of this, on R4Today in fact, the reporter name-checked Blackpool and Charlton as clubs where boycotts have a material effect on the finances...

As for our friends whose ground we pay for, the timing of this report could not be better. A link will be placed in the Appendix section which is about to arrive in certain mailboxes at City Hall. We will probably not break cover in media terms until after the holidays, but I will say this. I have never been more confident that our central goal will be achieved, and West Ham will be obliged, one way or another, to relieve the burden on the taxpayer. And this report shows that they can easily afford to do so.

Can’t wait mate. Be great to see the slimey trio of Gold, Sullivan and Brady writhing around after this big con has been exposed
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Jon2461 said:

Genuine question...How do you support the team and not the regime without putting money into RDs pocket?
    by going to away games only
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    PeterGage said:

You cant post this! It runs against the narritive of some season ticket holders who justify their attendance by claiming the boycotters are wasting their time because the loss of revenue is of no concern to RD.

PeterGage said:

Jon2461 said:

Agree mate. But their personal agendas wont let them believe it.
    As I've said before if there was not one fan at the home games then the club would have been sold long ago.
    Unfortunately solidarity doesn't exist these days.
    Its the same with all those that go to the games moaning on the Sale of the Club thread.
    The 'I'm alright Jack' mentality wins through.
  • Options

Statistics do not (often) lie. We're going down faster than the Titanic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If 40% of the footfall evaporated from any other business it would close in a heartbeat. But the tombstone toothed twunt doesn't do failure so therefore these statistics are fake news. fact.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

PeterGage said:

You cant post this! It runs against the narritive of some season ticket holders who justify their attendance by claiming the boycotters are wasting their time because the loss of revenue is of no concern to RD.

PeterGage said:

Jon2461 said:

As I've said before if there was not one fan at the home games then the club would have been sold long ago.
    Its the same with all those that go to the games moaning on the Sale of the Club thread.
    It's unreasonable to expect solidarity. We're widely differing individuals who happen to support the same football club. Those of us who post on forums are a minority. It's not as though we are members of a trade union (although I am), where we pay subs, and have a ballot before taking industrial action.

• Options

Greenie said:

PeterGage said:

PeterGage said:

Jon2461 said:

It's unreasonable to expect solidarity. We're widely differing individuals who happen to support the same football club. Those of us who post on forums are a minority. It's not as though we are members of a trade union (although I am), where we pay subs, and have a ballot before taking industrial action.

Maybe it is I dont know, however people dont do themselves any favours.
    As an ex trade unionist I kinda understand the sticking together mentality, and it works. BUT people will behave selfishly and go to games.
    Just one match with no one there would have done wonders for the sale. So I have no sympathy if they moan about The Rat, if he pissies them of that much then they shouldn't go, but by going their words dont mean a thing, actions will always be the judge.
    And like me, I am sure the fans that have boycotted the home games hurt every Saturday, because they cant go to something they have done, in some case for over 40 years plus.
    But like the fans that protested outside the stadium and the fans who went to Belgium, at least we are doing something about it, rather than making excuses and going.
  • Options
    No one expects solidarity. It's what the protests and the engaged supporters' base (including this site) are actively building, through various groups, publications, protest actions, etc. Building, nurturing, and then leveraging solidarity is the whole point.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

No one expects solidarity. It's what the protests and the engaged supporters' base (including this site) are actively building, through various groups, publications, protest actions, etc. Building, nurturing, and then leveraging solidarity is the whole point.

As admirable as all the protest groups actions have been, and there have been some good ideas, nothing works now like a complete boycott.
    Of course I understand that its probably not possible, however a 100% boycott and people like Seb boycotting for one game would have courted such positive media attention to our plight, that even Ratty with the lose of revenue would sit up and take notice, and I firmly believe that the sale of the club would have happened earlier.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Jon2461 said:

Clearly from the figures shown the money isn’t going into RDs pocket and a lot more people can now go to the Valley safe in the knowledge their money won’t be going into RDs pocket either.
  • Options

PeterGage said:

Jon2461 said:

Clearly from the figures shown the money isn’t going into RDs pocket and a lot more people can now go to the Valley safe in the knowledge their money won’t be going into RDs pocket either.
    It reduces his losses. It means he has to put in less to pay the bills. So in effect it goes directly to him.
    THis is why I'm boycotting. But telling adults how to spend their money is a no-no. The pitiful attendance figures are surely more down to fans losing interest, especially those who have to travel a long way.It would be interesting to know how many are boycotting and how many have found other things to do.
  • Options

PeterGage said:

Jon2461 said:

It reduces his losses. It means he has to put in less to pay the bills. So in effect it goes directly to him.
    It doesn’t come out if his pocket, or his oersonal bank account. My understanding, but correct me if I’m wrong, is it’s on a balance sheet and p&l of a company he owns wholly or partly. What impact is it having on that company ? I haven’t looked but I guess it’s not a negative one, it could be neutral or it could actual be a positive impact, basically as an investment that is supported by underlying assets, one of which is land in London. My, again, not to be taken as entirely reliable guess is he may have a long way to go yet before funding Charlton actually becomes a problem.
  • Options

PeterGage said:

Jon2461 said:

It doesn’t come out if his pocket, or his oersonal bank account. My understanding, but correct me if I’m wrong, is it’s on a balance sheet and p&l of a company he owns wholly or partly. What impact is it having on that company ? I haven’t looked but I guess it’s not a negative one, it could be neutral or it could actual be a positive impact, basically as an investment that is supported by underlying assets, one of which is land in London. My, again, not to be taken as entirely reliable guess is he may have a long way to go yet before funding Charlton actually becomes a problem.
    He has to put in cash because the outgoings of the business massively exceed its income. The shortfall is the amount he has to put in. If the club receives extra revenue the shortfall is less.

None of that has anything to do with the underlying value of the land, in particular, which is unaffected.