Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

La Liga 2018/19

Comments

• Be interesting to see if he was a good Manager or whether it helped having Ronaldo in the team under him
  • Be interesting to see if he was a good Manager or whether it helped having Ronaldo in the team under him
    I think it's fair to say that having Ronaldo in your side probably helped a bit but i think he was obviously a good manager and had the respect of all the players because of what he himself achieved in the game. I don't think you'd last 3 years at Madrid if you weren't good enough, as the players and their egos would see right through you.

Perez must've literally begged him though and asked him to name his price.
  • Why is Zidane wearing a jacket that is at least 3 sizes too small?
  • Zidane is back. First game in charge and he recalled Navas, Marcelo, Isco and Bale.

Navas - clean sheet
    Marcelo - assist
    Isco - goal
    Bale - goal

Madrid win 2-0.
  • Betis vs Barca live on ITV4
  • Nice chance for everyone to see the GOAT
  • Very bad week for Atletico with them going out of the Champions League then losing to Athletic Bilbao yesterday to pretty much ensure the title will be Barcelona's again. Real Madrid breathing down their neck for second now as well.
  • I havent seen as much la liga this season as i usually do. Are Athletico not as strong this season or are barca much improved? What sort of a season is Griezman having? Hes one player i thought would of really kicked on and become one of top top players in the world.
  • Atletico seem to have lost quite a bit of intensity since they moved grounds. The Vicente Calderon was a real cauldron of emotion full of 45,000 or so people in the heart of the city. Their new ground, the Wanda Metropolitano, is an amazing modern stadium but it is kilometres away from the city centre in the middle of nowhere and despite holding around 70,000 or so it rarely sells out and just doesn't seem to have that same frenzied atmosphere.

Still the true people's team of Madrid though (well them and Rayo Vallecano).
  • Messi with a hat trick and a performance so brilliant that even the Betis fans applaud him
  • Sponsored links:

• Imagine thinking Penaldo is better than Messi.
    The man is a magician and I feel blessed to of seen him live 
  • Not a dig at you Ad.
    I spent years insisting Ronaldo was better. Now I just see them as the two best of all time and enjoying watching them both for the time they have left playing. 
  • A generation had Pele.
    A generation had Maradonna.

We live with both Messi and Ronaldo, arguably the two best of all time.

I wish every time one scored a winner or a hat trick or a world class goal we didn’t have to mention the other one. 
    Enjoy them both, they won’t be playing much longer. 10 years time when we look back and their stats they’ll probably look fake they are that unbelievable 
    None taken,

I appreciate they are both talents. I just can't stand Ronaldo. 

• A generation had Pele.
    A generation had Maradonna.

We live with both Messi and Ronaldo, arguably the two best of all time.

I wish every time one scored a winner or a hat trick or a world class goal we didn’t have to mention the other one. 
    Enjoy them both, they won’t be playing much longer. 10 years time when we look back and their stats they’ll probably look fake they are that unbelievable 
    Very true. Saw something on twitter saying that if a player scored 30 goals a season for 20 years (which is unheard of), he'd end his career with 600 goals and be considered a legend.

Messi has 656. Ronaldo has 682.
  • edited March 2019
    Zidane is back. First game in charge and he recalled Navas, Marcelo, Isco and Bale.

Navas - clean sheet
    Marcelo - assist
    Isco - goal
    Bale - goal

Madrid win 2-0.
    Zidanes 2nd game
    Drops Navas to bench
    Drops Courtois from squad

Starts his 20 year old son Luca Zidane

He also starts with 19 year forward Brahim Diaz
  • Courtois is out injured and Navas is being rested as he's just come back from playing international games in Costa Rica and Guatemala. Big night for Zidane's son.
  • Madrid's season is effectively already over anyway so no harm Zidane seeing if any of their youngsters are capable of stepping up.
  • Villarreal v Barcelona on ITV kick off  in 15 minutes
  • Sponsored links:

• Villarreal look so bad in defence, 2-0 Barca could be 4 or 5 already
  • 2-0 down, Villarreal now 3-2 up
  • 90th minute 4-2 Villarreal
    93rd minute 4-4
  • 2 brilliant goals at the end there
  • Just the 32nd league goal for Messi so far this season. Insane
  • Just the 32nd league goal for Messi so far this season. Insane
    What's even more insane is the fact that he's got more than 32 league goals on SIX previous occasions, including of course the season he managed to somehow get 50.
  • His worst year in the last decade was 15/16 when he scored a frankly pathetic 38 goals in all competitions
  • Madrid lost 2-1 at Valencia tonight
  • Zidane has got quite a big rebuilding job to do in the summer. Im sure he will be given plenty to spend tho. I reckon at least a couple of premier league players will end up there this summer.
  • Zidane has got quite a big rebuilding job to do in the summer. Im sure he will be given plenty to spend tho. I reckon at least a couple of premier league players will end up there this summer.
    They have already spent 50m signing Eder Militao from Porto.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them spend 300-400 million this summer.