Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 2 Shrews 1 - Post Match Thread

123457»

Comments

• Options

seth plum said:

The one thing Marshall is good at is getting to the by line and putting in a decent cross.
    For one reason or another this hardly ever happens.

looks like we have disagreements in other areas than leaving the EU then as I can't see how you think Marshall is good at crossing. He can't cross for toffee & never gets to the byline......that it what infuriates me about him...he always cuts inside. Not ever seen him cross on the run. Best crosser we have on the run atm is Page. Both goals came from crosses when Marshall had been subbed.

how many goals did we score from his crosses last season ?? did you see his corners against Sunderland ??

I like Marshall as he's fast & never stops running.....but a decent crosser ?? nah.

(I really do think we are in a parallel universe)
    Portsmouth away game last season, Marshall in the second half was running at their defence down our left, got in to some great positions and did absolutely nothing with his crosses.
  • Options
    Marshall's crosses never seem to get airborne - frustrating to watch.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    burning question of the day .. is George Lapslie more like a young Scott Parker or a young Richie Bowman .. or a cross between the two ?
  • Options

seth plum said:

The one thing Marshall is good at is getting to the by line and putting in a decent cross.

looks like we have disagreements in other areas than leaving the EU then as I can't see how you think Marshall is good at crossing. He can't cross for toffee & never gets to the byline......that it what infuriates me about him...he always cuts inside. Not ever seen him cross on the run. Best crosser we have on the run atm is Page. Both goals came from crosses when Marshall had been subbed.

how many goals did we score from his crosses last season ?? did you see his corners against Sunderland ??

I like Marshall as he's fast & never stops running.....but a decent crosser ?? nah.

Bowyer seems to agree with you about Marshall. Against Dulwich in the friendly, after their winger had delivered a dangerous cross, Bowyer turned towards the stand and said: "Where's Marshy? That's how to cross the ball."

• Options

burning question of the day .. is George Lapslie more like a young Scott Parker or a young Richie Bowman .. or a cross between the two ?

He reminds me of Gary Waddock of QPR.
  • Options

Looks like Bowman did and plays a bit like him
  • Options

Bit like Steve Hodge when he was at Spurs
  • Options

seth plum said:

Bowyer seems to agree with you about Marshall. Against Dulwich in the friendly, after their winger had delivered a dangerous cross, Bowyer turned towards the stand and said: "Where's Marshy? That's how to cross the ball."

If he

seth plum said:

If he can't cross a ball now what makes you think he's going to improve?
  • Options
    Phillips: one really good point blank save, looks good enough for this division so far
    Solly: bit odd him playing left of a back 3 but we were much less porous that way
    Bauer: patchy game throughout
    Sarr: bit odd him playing right of a back 3 but we were much less porous that way, he played a couple of sweet through balls
    Page : game almost entirely passed him by, if he's the best left (wing) back, we're well short, he was pulling up with cramp or similar after about 70 minutes again ,which only means he ain't working hard enough to be fit enough, which is shameful
    Marshall: absolute pony, worst I've seen from him ever, worst I've seen from anyone in ages, couldn't even kick a stationary football where he needed to FFS
    Pratley: masterful, gets all the credit for the winning goal too - if he missed most of pre-season he's shaming half the squad with his fitness and application, he's looking like a terrific bit of recruitment
    Aribo: decent throughout
    Lapslie: energetic and enthusiastic
    Taylor: he's a constant irritant for opposition defenders, a real pain, I like him and he scores goals
    Grant: in and out game for KG, decent early on, drifted out in the middle period, decision making was ropey, but popped up in the right place at the right time to get the winner which when the whistle goes is ultimately what counts
    Morgan: massive headless chicken for the first 10 minutes but that's understandable and entirely forgivable, Solly & Pratley got him to cool down, then he was decent and streets better than the waste of space he replaced.

Props to LB for having a Plan B, Shrewsbury are clearly not much cop at all but they stuck to their plan, such as it was and LB came up with a change , when change was needed - looked a bit odd to start with but it worked. With the squad this threadbare we're gonna have to put away the relegation fodder in this division, cos we're gonna be feeding on scraps against any teams that are actually any good at all. Tick off the shrews.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

a parallel universe may well be almost the same
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    an attendance of under 9000 really is a sad thing to see its the 1st home game of the season i think i have missed in 14 years.

as for the shrewsbury fans - they had a decent season last season no need to worry about them anymore, can only apologise for the young hooligans all over social media apparently charlton fans - the one thing i would like to know is who videos this stuff and puts it online?