Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton 2 Shrews 1 - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Nothing like a last minute winner....unless you also have had a fiver at 8/1 on 2-1!! Yippppeeeee!
    Thought young Lapslie was superb today and Morgan came on and bossed the game, taking free kicks and corners like he owned the place.
  • Just curious. Saop saying pre game that Charlton forum's spent the whole summer being bitter about the play off defeat. Where exactly? Not gonna deny there has been some bitterness on all the fórums over the summer, but I must have missed the bit about Shrewbury. Anyone checked SE7 Valiants?

I never look at other forums, but this one was full of fish puns, condemnation of Corbynite anti-semitism, trying to work out just how bad Brexit is gonna be, Ibizan allegations, the significance of the number 1,000 and of course the small matter of when the duck tape despot is going to leave us so that we can start rebuilding the club. If anyone genuinely thinks the members of this site give a tinkers cuss about Shrewsbury Town, I'd suggest that they had a little too much of the cooking sherry.
  • Talal said:

MrOneLung said:

Last minute defeat and last minute win is better than two draws.

That is some sharp maths
    :wink:
    It is but a surprising number of dopey football fans would opt for the latter - still unbeaten etc...

• Holy shit
  • Holy shit
  • Difficult to summarise ..total shocking game for an hour. ..got ahead with great play, did the usual charlton, waste loads if chances, gift them a goal but to be fair to us, we said this isn't right and deserved a win.
  • Happy with that result, from a hot, humid Washington DC.
  • Sponsored links:

• Boy did they put a shift in. Most were out on their feet last 10 mins but kept on battling
  • cabbles said:

Pleased. Roland’s spent the last 4 years dismantling this club and has reduced it to relying on youth. Today the youth and Bowyer had a nice big f*** you for him

Flat 1st half but pleased with the fight and spirit in the 2nd

We deserved that.

Which he sold on, just as KM told us he would
  • We probably didn't deserve to win today, but then we didn't deserve to lose last week

I've been pleased with our attacking play in both games, Taylor looks like the best centre forward we've had in years, while KAG had been transformed by that loan spell last season, so I was delighted for his confidence that he got the winner.

Lapslie had an excellent game, he gave EVERYTHING today, Morgan looked an excellent prospect while Pratley, in this division, looks a much more effective player than Kashi, and had an excellent assist.

Slightly puzzled by the second half formation, with the right footed Solly playing the left CB role and the left footed Sarr the right CB role. From my recollection the goal came after Sarr chased an attacked out of the box, didn't win the ball so that when the cross came in to the far post, our tallest defender was 20 yards away. If it had been Solly on the right chasing the ball, and Sarr on the left staying back, we might have defended it better?

Slightly concerned by Page, both as he was fairly ineffective in his second half role, but more that for the second game running he seemed to be getting cramp.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw the result just as I boarded the plane from Madrid, was probably very close to being branded a flight risk. Good to hear about Morgan and, obviously, to score an injury time winner.
  • MrOneLung said:

Last minute defeat and last minute win is better than two draws.

I thought you were a United fan, Rachel Riley ?
  • Morgan is going to play in the premier league one day. Oozed class and looked like he'd been playing for years.
  • Comments from the Shrewsbury Manager

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2018/08/11/john-askey-pleased-with-shrewsbury-town-performance-despite-result/

Dont agree that it was Taylor's fault / backing into their Centre-Backs all day... Mount of time their players had their arms round him or pulling on his shirt was ridiculous
  • Comments from the Shrewsbury Manager

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2018/08/11/john-askey-pleased-with-shrewsbury-town-performance-despite-result/

Dont agree that it was Taylor's fault / backing into their Centre-Backs all day... Mount of time their players had their arms round him or pulling on his shirt was ridiculous

Complete nonsense, at was a great physical battle between the two, and often their CB resorted to grappling to stop Taylor getting away
  • edited August 2018
    Plus I know he wasnt their Manager yet it's frustrating when their Strikers got away with elbows etc. and not get sent off in games...

As I said at the time, they're lucky their goal happened, yes we should have dealt with the initial moment (which is what I'll always bemoan) in the sense that we should have handled the free kick better that Pratley conceded, yet they only got the foul because Lapslie could only deal with clearing the ball by committing a diving header.. he wouldnt have had to have done that had his shirt not been being pulled so much
  • Comments from Martyn Ounstead “Well I didn’t go today and I’ve never been before so not sure why you’re asking me but yay, we won. Now can you get someone to tell me if the chips per portion has increased please as I need to pee...”
  • Just curious. Saop saying pre game that Charlton forum's spent the whole summer being bitter about the play off defeat. Where exactly? Not gonna deny there has been some bitterness on all the fórums over the summer, but I must have missed the bit about Shrewbury. Anyone checked SE7 Valiants?

No idea about other forums but this one spent about 3 weeks of the summer thinking football was coming home and the other 6-7 weeks religiously checking the takeover thread.