Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool Close to an Oyston Free Existence?

Comments

• Options
    Pleased for them.

That said, if any of those billionaires waiting in the wings want to get into a football club......
  • Options
    In a boozer in Blackpool now. Key thing on the statement is that this proposal was given to belekon in February and it doesn’t include the ground. Not much celebration up here... yet.
  • Options
    Got to be a load of spin in that statement. For instance, they failed to mention that the manager quit because the training facilities were in such a poor condition that he paid out of his own pocket for use of another training facility. Also offering to hand over the club to Belokon who has previously failed the FA fit and proper person test.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    J BLOCK said:

Not much celebration up here... yet.

Plenty of pissed up northern birds though.
  • Options
    Why don’t the Oystons just pay off the judgment debt - or at least more than £12 million of it - by liquidating more of their property assets or other assets ?

Some way to go yet, I think.
  • Options
    Doesn’t sound at all close to me.
  • Options

Doesn’t sound at all close to me.

I was thinking that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wish we were close to Roland free existence.
  • Options

I spent a lot of last week getting my head around the Blackpool mess with Steve Rowland of BST, as we set up the joint push on the EFL. Jesus. As far as I understand it, (and I give no guarantees on that!), this is platinum grade bollocks, and here is why:

Valeri Belekon poured millions into the club which helped lift them into the FAPL, and a court judgement in 2017 ordered that the Oystons repay him. BST believe that if he got that money back he would be ready to take control of Blackpool, and they'd be happy with that. There's one problem however...

The EFL.

According to the EFL Owen Oyston is a fit and proper person despite being on the sex offenders list. That's because his offence predates their new "stricter" rules which came into force in 2004.

Valeri Belekon however is now deemed to have fallen foul of their rules. This is because he owned a commercial bank in Kyrgyzstan, and the current government slapped a custodial sentence of 20 years on him. If you really want to go there, this article gives at least some summary of that mess.

The EFL used this as a reason to bar him as an owner. So the offer is useless, as Oyston well knows.

We suggested to BST that they might want to ask the British Embassy in Kyrgyzstan if they would endorse that ruling as an internationally valid legal judgement.

Shaun Harvey, the CEO of the EFL, is a friend from schooldays of Karl Oyston.

Jesus H Christ...

I feel it would be best for Blackpool if neither Oyston’s or Belekon were involved. Good luck to them.
  • Options

Good summary PragueAddick. Steve and BST are doing a great job in very difficult circumstances and all attempts to deal with the EFL are drawing a blank. Bowyer's (our one not yours !!!) resignation last week was the final straw for some and their were some heated scenes at yesterdays game with Pompey. Our fan base is severely fractured with abuse being hurled between fans going in and those boycotting. I do believe Owen will hang on until his dying day sadly for us. Good luck all at CAFC. OO & RD OUT

OO truly is the worst owner.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Not much celebration up here... yet.

Plenty of pissed up northern birds though.
    Milf city.
  • Options
    #donedeal
  • Options

Good summary PragueAddick. Steve and BST are doing a great job in very difficult circumstances and all attempts to deal with the EFL are drawing a blank. Bowyer's (our one not yours !!!) resignation last week was the final straw for some and their were some heated scenes at yesterdays game with Pompey. Our fan base is severely fractured with abuse being hurled between fans going in and those boycotting. I do believe Owen will hang on until his dying day sadly for us. Good luck all at CAFC. OO & RD OUT

The bit in bold should especially be noted by everyone on here. We have to avoid this at all costs. CAST, well specifically @Weegie Addick has some great ideas for new protests which could bring both sides of the boycott argument together. I believe we are going to discuss them with the rest of CARD soon.
  • Options
    Blackpool: Owen Oyston will only sell club if he has to, says chairwoman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45362074