Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton staff wages paid late? (Ed. Unsubstantiated rumour)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    drewman said:

Just this moment been told not true, wages have been paid and on time.

There is another, separate issue but the thread title is wrong.

On a separate note, bloke told me we were signing Messi. He's kinda run away now but anyone else heard this??
    I've heard the whole takeover was messy!
  • Options

Right, thanks Henry, can we now close this obviously pointless thread? More important stuff to deal with.

• Options
    How dare anyone accuse our illustrious and wholesome owner of not paying his workforce on time. Roland might be a lot of things but he'd never do that.

Bollox!

Fair play to whoever started this rumour I say. As much bad press that we can send the old chunts way the better. We have to start playing dirty.
    The reason this has gone on so long is our tendancy to be all cotton wool about things.
  • Options

T_C_E said:

I think we're pretty safe on here though @hoof_it_up_to_benty ;)

We probably are safe but I don't think it's the cleverest idea to post unsubstantiated rumours. I'm surprised RD hasn't taken legal action up to now given Oyston has.
    he has though. well the club did anyway against some posters on here. was a year or so back. some settled, others who were able fought against it and as far as I'm aware the whole thing was thrown out of court. (others know more about it) so he has stooped to those lows.
  • Options

What a load of posturing nonsense.

Some of you take yourselves far too seriously.

10 out of 10 for grammar.
  • Options
    Has the club or anyone connected directly to the club, over the last few years, lied to us or about us?
    If not, making up unsubstantiated claims is bang out of order.
  • Options
    Worst thread ever.
  • Options
    Pfuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, is there an issue with staff being paid what they are owed or not? Surely someone on the firm can tell us? Or a friend of theirs?
  • Options
    Can’t get Valley Pass...now playing first half commentary??
    WTF.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Worst thread ever.

You clearly haven't seen the takeover thread.
  • Options

So ignoring ‘question mark-gate’, while @iainment may not have been 100% correct in what he said, is it also fair to say he was not 100% incorrect in what he was told either?

Could it be that while contracted wages have been paid, other things owed have not? No idea personally what that could be, but if speculating I’d guess it could be something like bonuses, expenses, travel mileage?

Could it be that sort of thing?
  • Options
    edited August 2018

So ignoring ‘question mark-gate’, while @iainment may not have been 100% correct in what he said, is it also fair to say he was not 100% incorrect in what he was told either?

Could it be that while contracted wages have been paid, other things owed have not? No idea personally what that could be, but if speculating I’d guess it could be something like bonuses, expenses, travel mileage?

Contractors?
    Usually the first to miss out on payment.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I heard that they hadn’t paid the people who clean the seats. :-)
  • Options

Yes it it something along those lines but as many others have said people's personal finances are, well, personal.

So while it is perfectly appropriate to point out yet another failing of this detestable regime that needs to be done accurately and sensitivity both for the sake of the people impacted and for the credibility of anti-regime statements.

We all know there are a small, and ever diminishing, group of apologists just dying to jump on anything they see as wrong or negative. No need to give them more ammunition by making inaccurate speculation.
  • Options

Yes it it something along those lines but as many others have said people's personal finances are, well, personal.

So while it is perfectly appropriate to point out yet another failing of this detestable regime that needs to be done accurately and sensitivity both for the sake of the people impacted and for the credibility of anti-regime statements.

We all know there are a small, and ever diminishing, group of apologists just dying to jump on anything they see as wrong or negative. No need to give them more ammunition by making inaccurate speculation.
    Suffice to say the staff have been cheated.
  • Options

Suffice to say the staff have been cheated.
    I wanted to like this Airman but didn't want to imply that I condone the staff being cheated :rage: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unless it relates to just one or two individuals, not sure I understand why if staff have been wronged, cheated out what they are owed or promised why they would want to keep it hush hush. Everything else leaks out
  • Options

Unless it relates to just one or two individuals, not sure I understand why if staff have been wronged, cheated out what they are owed or promised why they would want to keep it hush hush. Everything else leaks out

Which is just why clarity and accuracy is important.
  • Options
    If an employee has something in their contract that hasn’t been paid, would not that count towards constructive dismissal?
  • Options

If an employee has something in their contract that hasn’t been paid, would not that count towards constructive dismissal?

Yes, but you have to remember that young people on low pay who have not been employed for a long while would not get much compensation even if they pursued such a case, which is itself fraught.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

What's the separate issue?
    Theyve all been sacked, so I heard.