Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dulwich chairman attacks Charlton in Hamlet programme

13»

Comments

• Tom_Hovi said:

Tom_Hovi said:

Perhaps if Dulwich Hamlet paid rent once in a while they could have had a friendly in there own ground.

What, you mean the outstanding rent charge that has now been withdrawn as it had no basis legally?

You need to do some research before making statements like that.
    If there rent was paid in full and on time, they would still play at champions hill. Probably.

It's a great feeling to stick up for your own team. Some of you should give it a go sometime.
    Meadow Residential were responsible for the club’s finances for the period that was allegedly unpaid. So they effectively hadn’t paid themselves supposedly and then when they handed over control to the football committee, used that as the excuse they were looking for to evict the club as a result of not getting their planning application approved by Southwark Council.

In reality, there was no debt and the fact that it has been challenged successfully and the “debt” withdrawn proves this.

There was no rent to pay, the whole thing was spurious and the fact that we’re not playing at Champion Hill is more to do with the machinations of Meadow Residential and their ambition to build on the land rather than any supposed debts of DHFC. That was just an excuse - they expected us to roll over and die but didn’t expect people to rally round the club as has happened.

Maybe Meadow are planning to house refugees in the propertirs they build on Champions Hill.

That would be a massive irony.
    #refugeeswelcone.
    I know you're clearly trolling now but..

nope, luxury flats. In fact the reason they've failed to get planning permission is because a lack of affordable homes in the plans. That could be given to refugees.
  • I’m confused and can’t view the article easily over my phone, we’re they criticising the current Charlton or the Premier League Charlton?
  • edited August 2018
    razil said:

I’m confused and can’t view the article easily over my phone, we’re they criticising the current Charlton or the Premier League Charlton?

current charlton, the one they played in a pre season friendly this summer (that the club repeatedly tried to wriggle out of).
  • Pretty much bang on with me and Welling mate.
    Not just me, but others no doubt.

Me too (and my daughter)
  • Sponsored links:

• Hate this shit.

We should be doing anything and everything to help all non league clubs in close proximity to ourselves.

Feels almost embarrassing that other clubs think this about us. Embarrassing, but not surprising though, because I think Charlton is an unprofessional, two-bob, half baked, embarrassment of a club... and I support them!

I met the chairman of another London football league club about three years ago and when he found out who I supported he laughed and said, "oh dear, that club's a complete basket case".

So it was common knowledge then and nothing in the intervening three years will have changed that view.

Unfortunately the club is a joke, and most people in football already know it.

This latest episode doesn't surprise me. But I'm not sure we have any lower to fall reputation wise.
  • I don't understand being "embarrassed" because of something that is totally out of our control. More or less to a man (or woman) on this board we have made it abundantly clear that we are totally against the horrible man running our club.

He is making the decisions, or one of his lackeys is. It is not CAFC or its supporters or players. We could point that out to people like DHFC's chairman, and ask that he in turn make that clear, but I do understand to the wider world might not get that.

People on other message boards and groups that support RD should be embarrassed, but not us.

I agree with the sentiment, because I totally oppose the Belgian c**t.

However I still support Charlton and things like this are done in the name of the club. It makes me sad every time the club's reputation is further diminished. We're a "nice" club with fans that are by and large respected - we shouldn't have to deal with this shit, and IMO it's embarrassing that we do.
  • Tom_Hovi said:

Tom_Hovi said:

Perhaps if Dulwich Hamlet paid rent once in a while they could have had a friendly in there own ground.

What, you mean the outstanding rent charge that has now been withdrawn as it had no basis legally?

If there rent was paid in full and on time, they would still play at champions hill. Probably.

It's a great feeling to stick up for your own team. Some of you should give it a go sometime.
    Meadow Residential were responsible for the club’s finances for the period that was allegedly unpaid. So they effectively hadn’t paid themselves supposedly and then when they handed over control to the football committee, used that as the excuse they were looking for to evict the club as a result of not getting their planning application approved by Southwark Council.

In reality, there was no debt and the fact that it has been challenged successfully and the “debt” withdrawn proves this.

There was no rent to pay, the whole thing was spurious and the fact that we’re not playing at Champion Hill is more to do with the machinations of Meadow Residential and their ambition to build on the land rather than any supposed debts of DHFC. That was just an excuse - they expected us to roll over and die but didn’t expect people to rally round the club as has happened.

Maybe Meadow are planning to house refugees in the propertirs they build on Champions Hill.

#refugeeswelcone.

nope, luxury flats. In fact the reason they've failed to get planning permission is because a lack of affordable homes in the plans. That could be given to refugees.
    I'm just sticking up for my club.
    It's sad that you don't think refugees can live in luxury flats.
    FFS.....did you honestly just say that......what an idiot!
  • Off_it said:

Hate this shit.

We should be doing anything and everything to help all non league clubs in close proximity to ourselves.

Feels almost embarrassing that other clubs think this about us. Embarrassing, but not surprising though, because I think Charlton is an unprofessional, two-bob, half baked, embarrassment of a club... and I support them!

I met the chairman of another London football league club about three years ago and when he found out who I supported he laughed and said, "oh dear, that club's a complete basket case".

So it was common knowledge then and nothing in the intervening three years will have changed that view.

This latest episode doesn't surprise me. But I'm not sure we have any lower to fall reputation wise.
    Completely agree - absolutely not surprised.

My old man met somebody on business, just over a year ago, who was a director of a League One club, based in West Yorkshire, somewhere near Bradford, similar ground name to ours and apparently had a pretty famous fire back in the day. I've googled it but couldn't work it out...

Anyway, to say he wasn't very complimentary would be an understatement...
  • Tom_Hovi said:

Tom_Hovi said:

#refugeeswelcone.

I'm just sticking up for my club.
    It's sad that you don't think refugees can live in luxury flats.
    i'm glad you believe the government should fund them to purchase luxury flats for them.
  • I don't understand being "embarrassed" because of something that is totally out of our control. More or less to a man (or woman) on this board we have made it abundantly clear that we are totally against the horrible man running our club.

He is making the decisions, or one of his lackeys is. It is not CAFC or its supporters or players. We could point that out to people like DHFC's chairman, and ask that he in turn make that clear, but I do understand to the wider world might not get that.

People on other message boards and groups that support RD should be embarrassed, but not us

Agree with this line... Was just explaining the situation to one of my Welling supporting mates

Thankfully (due to the protests etc.) fans of other clubs know what sort of person Roland is so think they're more sympathetic to our plight with each and every decision

I think if there were no protests and we the fans were right behind Roland's decisions then we'd deserve every insult fired at us
  • Couldn't CARD send them some boxes of money?
  • seth plum said:

I have been a sporadic follower of Dulwich Hamlet in recent years and the experience has been a lot more enjoyable than following my own team Charlton.
    The move from Champion Hill is a problem for me now as it was a simple bus ride away.
    I wanted Charlton to offer the Valley to Dulwich Hamlet when they were locked out last season, it would've been a reason to be proud of my club, instead it is revealed that my club is being run by snide bastards who wouldn't know class behaviour even if the definition was tattooed on their arms.

FFS leave it out (I've already trademarked SporadicHamlet)
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:

Hate this shit.

Completely agree - absolutely not surprised.

My old man met somebody on business, just over a year ago, who was a director of a League One club, based in West Yorkshire, somewhere near Bradford, similar ground name to ours and apparently had a pretty famous fire back in the day. I've googled it but couldn't work it out...

Anyway, to say he wasn't very complimentary would be an understatement...
    Leeds?
  • Kap10 said:

Of course the irony of the comment is that we are paying rent and thats why we ate playing at arch rivals Tooting

We?
    Check out the non league thread for clarification!
  • If it was part of a player deal, it is poor to go back on an agreement!