Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CARD deliver 100 bottles of water to Sparrows Lane

123457»

Comments

• As a follow up to the water stunt, what about setting up a CAFC Academy food bank? Too short notice for the game later today maybe, but for the Peterborough game?
  • Spot on CARD. Up there with the liar banner, funeral march, beach balls and birthday protest for it's simplicity and effectiveness.
    It would be much appreciated to see some of that expertise bolstering ROT's activities over the next eight weeks. Every time we have spoken with Duchatelet and told him we are Charlton fans, he has asked "You're not from CARD are you?" It would make him more nervous to know CARD is officially involved with the ROT campaign and would hopefully garner the publicity we need to embarrass him in his own back yard.

Ignoring the dig, and not fishing for answers, but, by what you say, would it not make him less accessible if CARD were seen to be involved?

Ultimately I have no opposition to the position that you are suggesting, but with regards to ROT, is no communication a hinderance despite the expertise that CARD (not me...) provide?

Aware I sound like a c**t by saying that, but simply trying to say that if he thinks that badly of us then your suggestion may have a negative impact.
    No dig intended Joe (not even sure where you saw one tbh).
    I think the time for trying to gain access to, and communicate with, Duchatelet has passed. I think everything should be tried to embarrass, humiliate and annoy him, both here and in Belgium. Aside from the obvious benefits of having CARD's expertise and media contacts on board, we also need as many people as possible to go over to ST and campaign for us. As was proved by the Unity protest, a co-ordinated effort would be more effective.
    Having spoken with him a few times, he does genuinely appear to be worried about CARD, so their endorsement of our efforts would be more of a concern to him than is currently the case. I would suggest he will be much more likely to make an angry statement about the campaign, whereas now he dismisses it as "English humour." It would rattle him.
    This is a one off opportunity to really get at Duchatelet on his home turf. I say one off, as the next local elections are in six years time, and I don't think the club will still be in existence if he has his claws in it for anywhere near that length of time.
    I'm not having a "pop" at ROT, it's their campaign and they run it as they see fit.
    But if the campaigning members dress up like jesters/clowns, it makes it simple for RD to say it's English humour.

If ROT asked for CARD's advice and then dismissed it or some of it, which is fine by me and obviously entirely up to ROT.
    I should imagine it then makes it difficult for CARD to endorse the campaign.

Don't get me wrong I wish ROT all the very best and hope the campaign is a great success and I thank you for your considerable efforts.
  • :D 'Toilet roll allegation'

• I don't think the toilet roll story is true. I'm pretty sure there is an obligation somewhere that any premises serving food and drink must provide toilets of which they must have all the basic facilities including toilet paper.

What I am surprised at though is that the toilet paper being provided hasn't been replaced with tracing paper!
  • I think the real story was paper hand towels being replaced by electric hand driers?
  • Bum sprays are much better anyway! 

Do you other Asian Addicks agree?
  • Bum sprays are much better anyway! 

Do you other Asian Addicks agree?
    In China there's generally no paper or spray, gotta carry your open paper, always.

When I travel, I do prefer the spray, especially on those Japanese toilets with heated seats on a drier.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think the toilet roll story is true. I'm pretty sure there is an obligation somewhere that any premises serving food and drink must provide toilets of which they must have all the basic facilities including toilet paper.

What I am surprised at though is that the toilet paper being provided hasn't been replaced with tracing paper!
    Why on earth would I want to trace my bum hole?

That's what photocopiers are for.
    Brass rubbing?
  • edited March 2019
    We could print some custom toilet rolls with Roland's face on it and give it away to the residents of St Truiden. Also, We could buy Genk fans a big box of fireworks :) 

https://dinilu.co.uk/printed-matter/tissue-paper/toilet-paper-your-custom-print
  • I think the real story was paper hand towels being replaced by electric hand driers?
    That's what they've done in the toilets for the Millenium Lounge and to be fair the dryers are the high power ones that only take seconds to dry your hands.  Seems to make sense.
  • cafc-west said:
    I think the real story was paper hand towels being replaced by electric hand driers?
    That's what they've done in the toilets for the Millenium Lounge and to be fair the dryers are the high power ones that only take seconds to dry your hands.  Seems to make sense.
    I find it tricky getting my bum in them though.

Call me a Luddite but I prefer el papel hygienico....