Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD deliver 100 bottles of water to Sparrows Lane

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

T_C_E said:

Someone ought to mention to our new Eco friendly club about that bloody great big car the COO drives about in.

Absolutely thrilled to tell you that GM travels everywhere by train.

Take that, NLA!
    Until he rocks up at Charlton Station with the keys to The Valley, he's in the category of "believe when I see it"
    No disrespect to you or NLA but it's gone on so long, with all the highs and lows I refuse to get swept along with any excitement or dispondant when bad news or further delays happen. If it happens it will hopefully benefit the club and its fans, if it doesn't as I've said elsewhere I'll call it a day. Too old and too tired to get dragged down by all this, my life has moved on although ironically Saturday is my day off where normally sit down and watch Charlton on the telly. So the love for that red shirt is still simmering on low heat and it's been difficult not attend or to walk away after the Upbeats walk. But for now Charlton takes up about 1.5% of my time instead of 90% of my life. ;)
  • Options
    Another cunning stunt from CARD - well done, all!
  • Options
    Cheers, CARD, fantastic work - brilliant initiative and well done for getting past security at the training ground with the delivery. Imagine that alone took a few people and a lot of organisation.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

T_C_E said:

Someone ought to mention to our new Eco friendly club about that bloody great big car the COO drives about in.

Absolutely thrilled to tell you that GM travels everywhere by train.

Take that, NLA!
    Yeah, me too after that 2 year ban.
  • Options

If the main concern of the club is the environment and recycling then I don't understand why the policy is only aimed at a certain group?

It's bollocks and just spin from the smarmy PR mooks paid to paper over the catastrophic ownership and mismanagement. It's got sweet fa to do with environmental initiatives...that's merely an incidental thing that has been positioned as the driver behind it. As you say if football clubs truly wanted to do it they could. Coincidental how both environmental drives referenced have cost saving benefits attached.

I really hope the PR slimeballs are content in their work of aiding and abetting the destruction of a 113 year old club by supporting this regime and undermining fans trying to highlight the destruction. Wankers
    Can I just say, I love RCT - love him - and if we are voting for the next chairman (were not, and I'm pissed) then this is the man that should be getting our votes.

Carry on ...
  • Options
    Spot on CARD. Up there with the liar banner, funeral march, beach balls and birthday protest for it's simplicity and effectiveness.
    It would be much appreciated to see some of that expertise bolstering ROT's activities over the next eight weeks. Every time we have spoken with Duchatelet and told him we are Charlton fans, he has asked "You're not from CARD are you?" It would make him more nervous to know CARD is officially involved with the ROT campaign and would hopefully garner the publicity we need to embarrass him in his own back yard.
  • Options

The club's pathetic media response was cringeworthy. Tom Rubbshaw can now add 'Eco-Warrier' to his CV.

He can also add "poor communicator" to his CV, because IF (and it is a big IF) environmental issues played even a minor part in the original decision, why was this not communicated to the fans when the story first broke?
    He really can't have it both ways.

The club is simply 2-faced. But we all knew that anyway, didn't we?
    Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Spot on CARD. Up there with the liar banner, funeral march, beach balls and birthday protest for it's simplicity and effectiveness.
    It would be much appreciated to see some of that expertise bolstering ROT's activities over the next eight weeks. Every time we have spoken with Duchatelet and told him we are Charlton fans, he has asked "You're not from CARD are you?" It would make him more nervous to know CARD is officially involved with the ROT campaign and would hopefully garner the publicity we need to embarrass him in his own back yard.

Ignoring the dig, and not fishing for answers, but, by what you say, would it not make him less accessible if CARD were seen to be involved?

Ultimately I have no opposition to the position that you are suggesting, but with regards to ROT, is no communication a hinderance despite the expertise that CARD (not me...) provide?

Aware I sound like a c**t by saying that, but simply trying to say that if he thinks that badly of us then your suggestion may have a negative impact.
  • Options
    In some ways you are right @Addickted2TheReds , but it is a two edged sword.

There are protesters who hesitate to associate with a group not formally linked with the protest "brand" they know and trust. CARD also possesses expertise through experience, while ROT is still learning on the job!!

It is possible (although definitely not for me to say) that ROT is approaching a tipping point where these advantages outweigh the issues of which you write. Either way, ROT is making good progress. I hope you are on board with the rest of us!
  • Options

Ignoring the dig, and not fishing for answers, but, by what you say, would it not make him less accessible if CARD were seen to be involved?

Ultimately I have no opposition to the position that you are suggesting, but with regards to ROT, is no communication a hinderance despite the expertise that CARD (not me...) provide?

Aware I sound like a c**t by saying that, but simply trying to say that if he thinks that badly of us then your suggestion may have a negative impact.
    I honestly don't understand why you think it is a "dig"
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

In some ways you are right @Addickted2TheReds , but it is a two edged sword.

There are protesters who hesitate to associate with a group not formally linked with the protest "brand" they know and trust. CARD also possesses expertise through experience, while ROT is still learning on the job!!

It is possible (although definitely not for me to say) that ROT is approaching a tipping point where these advantages outweigh the issues of which you write. Either way, ROT is making good progress. I hope you are on board with the rest of us!

Come on, not sure what the insinuation with your last comment is, but obviously I am on board. Anything that is of opposition to the wanker that owns us gets a huge thumbs up from me.

I understand the point when you say "There are protesters who hesitate to associate with a group not formally linked with the protest "brand" they know and trust". Which is why when @Davo55, who runs the Protest Fund with @Curb_It, says that it is open to all, I understand that it is easier for him to say that than actually do. However, Davo is 100% right, help yourself if you want to, but I concede that is intimidating - I'm not sure I would have the balls to implement a protest if I wasn't part of CARD.

I see what you are saying about the advantages/issues, however this is nothing I can personally address, because despite what I bring to CARD (not much at all, if I'm honest :-) ...) I have no experience of what is more important.

Unsure if you're aware but I was part of the original B20, but became increasingly bored of the "look at me" politics from a certain fraction that is continuing to this day, 2 and a half years on, (no ifs no buts), that put me in a difficult situation in which I was stuck in the middle. All of this was despite promising myself that I would never get involved in the politics on this forum that cringed me for years! @JohnnyH2 warned me at the first @castrust meeting that I attended, having been asked to speak, that Charlton supporter politics was "a murky, murky world"... he was bang on, because I've been sucked in. :-)

I probably (definitely) attributed B20 to ROT too much because of my perceived overlap in personnel, (an error) and should have done more to help - I hold my hands up to that. However, I've taken a small back step from CARD in recent weeks, simply because of losing my phone and not being part of CARD Whats'App. Now I'm in Spain for the next three and a half weeks. If I'm still needed (hopefully the c**t has finally sold), when I get back then I will do what I can to help.

Felt a bit cringe typing that post, felt like the usual suspects on here... :-)
  • Options

I genuinely didn't wish for this to get brought up again and I concede that mentioning "a dig" was a mistake on my part, for which I apologise.

However, I felt that "it would be much appreciated to see some of that expertise bolstering ROT's activities over the next eight weeks" was a passive-aggressive dig that matched the narrative that has appeared on this forum over the last couple of days.

As I say, mistake on my part to mention it, but that was the dig, and it is a dig... ;)

• Options
    @Addickted2TheReds
    No insinuation - just hoping you are a fellow ROTter!

I, and at least some of the other female members of ROT were in WAR, which was founded primarily to counter Roland's accusations of misogyny. This does not make ROT a subset of WAR, or vice versa.

Similarly ROT is not a subset of B20.
    ROT has the objective "To give RD an incentive to do all in his power to speed up the process of selling CAFC."
    I support this objective, so I am doing what I can to help ROT. No other agenda.

Enjoy your well-earned holiday, and come back relaxed and ready for the fray!
  • Options
    Okay, apologies for implying that was the case.

Aware of the thoughts behind WAR due to female people behind CARD. It was a fantastic way of squashing the quite ludicrous nonsense broadcast from CAFC at the time, despite the female CEO that was somehow in charge. She was a massive fucking bitch though... ;-)

As I say, my hesitancy to get involved manifested itself from a perceived overlap in personnel that was misplaced. That was a mistake. I'm not saying I have loads to offer, but I could have done more and regret not doing so.

Thanks for the well wishes with regards to my holiday. I'm going to go down to the beach with my mates and forget all about this Charlton bullshit..... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

How about as others have suggested. Bring a box of cereal to the game. With the tag line #cerealkiller for RD?

Love it!
  • Options

The club's pathetic media response was cringeworthy. Tom Rubbshaw can now add 'Eco-Warrier' to his CV.

To be fair though, they did turnaround the response pretty quick considering their approach to previous CARDiganisms, especially considering the back-and-forth between roles that aren’t peopled that may have been necessary to approve the final wording(lies) in their release. I’d be worried that CARD had a mole (who lives in a hole)
  • Options
    It was a few hours after the water was dropped off so surely any PR could come up with a few lines. Particularly as the water issue had already made the press.
  • Options
    I think fans should take pride in these saving and sing songs about them.

"we're saving the planet, we're saving the planet, you're not"

"
  • Options
    Maybe we could throw boxes of cereal on the pitch for the youth team as part of a future disruption.
  • Options

Maybe we could throw boxes of cereal on the pitch for the youth team as part of a future disruption.

Or just handfulls of cereal - much harder to get rid of :smiley:
  • Options
    edited August 2018

I think fans should take pride in these saving and sing songs about them.

"we're saving the planet, we're saving the planet, you're not"

"

"We're saving the planet,
    We're saving the plaaannneeet,
    How f***ing convenient,
    We're saving the planet"
  • Options

No dig intended Joe (not even sure where you saw one tbh).
    I think the time for trying to gain access to, and communicate with, Duchatelet has passed. I think everything should be tried to embarrass, humiliate and annoy him, both here and in Belgium. Aside from the obvious benefits of having CARD's expertise and media contacts on board, we also need as many people as possible to go over to ST and campaign for us. As was proved by the Unity protest, a co-ordinated effort would be more effective.
    Having spoken with him a few times, he does genuinely appear to be worried about CARD, so their endorsement of our efforts would be more of a concern to him than is currently the case. I would suggest he will be much more likely to make an angry statement about the campaign, whereas now he dismisses it as "English humour." It would rattle him.
    This is a one off opportunity to really get at Duchatelet on his home turf. I say one off, as the next local elections are in six years time, and I don't think the club will still be in existence if he has his claws in it for anywhere near that length of time.
  • Options

I genuinely didn't wish for this to get brought up again and I concede that mentioning "a dig" was a mistake on my part, for which I apologise.

However, I felt that "it would be much appreciated to see some of that expertise bolstering ROT's activities over the next eight weeks" was a passive-aggressive dig that matched the narrative that has appeared on this forum over the last couple of days.

As I say, mistake on my part to mention it, but that was the dig, and it is a dig... ;)

I promise that was not a dig Joe, just that some help would genuinely be much appreciated! Check back through all the recent aggro and you will see that I have been conspicuous by my absence from it.
  • Options

N01R4M said:

I probably (definitely) attributed B20 to ROT too much because of my perceived overlap in personnel, (an error) and should have done more to help -

There is/was an overlap in personnel, much in the same way there is/was with your earlier involvement. The inception of ROT necessitated a change in approach that did not suit the modus operandi of some B20 members, so an amicable split ensued. Despite the change in approach, the aim is still to annoy Duchatelet in his own back yard.