Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD deliver 100 bottles of water to Sparrows Lane

Comments

• Options
    100 boxes of cornflakes next. ;)
  • Options
    It's nice to have a dig at Roland but it would have been better to provide re-useable water bottles than bottles of water.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Great work card, hope he feels embarrassed, doubt it though.
  • Options
    Shared the initial.tweet with
    Skysport
    Bbc sport
    Talksport
    Gary linekar
    Alan Shearer

And what a surprise no re tweets nothing on an news channels

Typical league 1 team that no one cares about, if this was Premier League can gurantee it would be main story news
  • Options
    Fantastic idea, it's gonna be great once this hits the press!

Top work CARD!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Excellent idea and delivery.
    VERY well done to all involved.
    A perfect move.

PS
    I'm glad you resisted the temptation to take all the caps off the bottles.
  • Options
    Wonderful ingenuity from CARD. Great work and perfect timing.

One day - hopefully soon - we’ll be rid of this abominable man.
  • Options

Great.
    Now get to the media with this.

Belgian media hopefully
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great initiative.
  • Options
    Great initiative.
  • Options
    Thank you CAST.
    Thank you CARD.
    Thank you everyone doing their bit by publicising things on social media and in the press (even if it is The Sun! Hopefully others will follow.)

I want Roland and the EFL and anyone else in a position to influence those responsible for this crazy situation to feel they are under constant attack from all sides.

Could this be the Addicks own "100 days" battle leading to a take-over before the next transfer window?
    I have a very real fear that the nightmare of relegation to League 2 will become a reality next season if we are not taken over before the end of 2018.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Curb_It said:
    “The club looked at the spend on plastic water bottles as part of a current cost analysis process.

The decision was made that given the high wastage and the environmental impact of plastic bottles the club would be better served providing water in other ways. “The club provides fresh water at the training ground, the first team have individual refillable bottles and the U23s and U18s are also provided with refillable bottles.

“The solution has saved costs, reduced wastage and has environmental benefits.

“This is not the only way the club are saving money by becoming more environmentally friendly. In June, the club’s electricity consumption was cut by 11% and in July by 29%.

“The water sent to the training ground won’t be wasted and the plastic bottles the water came in will be recycled.”
    So we now finally understand what Duchatalet's plan for the giant trench at the training ground was for, it all makes sense...

• Options
    edited August 2018

Shared the initial.tweet with
    Skysport
    Bbc sport
    Talksport
    Gary linekar
    Alan Shearer

And what a surprise no re tweets nothing on an news channels

Typical league 1 team that no one cares about, if this was Premier League can gurantee it would be main story news

Try Stan Collymore ?
  • Options
    Brilliant well done CARD
  • Options
    This is absolutely brilliant! Totally humiliated the greedy Belgian. Well done to everyone involved.
  • Options

Notice that response is carefully worded to avoid saying that the first team are not using single-use plastic water bottles - because they are.

And as others have pointed out on Twitter no doubt plastic bottles will be sold at the ground on Saturday. Do those get recycled?
  • Options

Notice that response is carefully worded to avoid saying that the first team are not using single-use plastic water bottles - because they are.

The club are slowly trying to save the planet, their actions are in no way trying to make petty cost cuts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Excellent.
  • Options
    what's wrong with youth players filling up water bottles from a tap?

I agree that not providing them with breakfast is not just shitty but counter productive when you are trying to get these guys to eat healthily but filling up water bottles for themselves and the senior squad is no different to cleaning the senior players boots.

no wonder most of the little fuckers think they have made it
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Scoham said:
    100 500ml bottles? For how many academy players? They should be getting through 3-4 litres a day, that's maybe 2L just during training.

Still this is undeniably more good than Roland is doing and just reminds you how much of a cunt he is.

• Options

N01R4M said:

surely refillable bottles are a lot better for the environment? of course this isn't why crusty is doing it, but less plastic the better?

Surely any screw-top bottle is refillable?
    i would put my house on the plastic bottles as above are not reused a insulated water bottle is far better, anyway this isnt about water and plastic just a side note.
    Yeah but insulated refillable bottles are about 20 x more expensive!

Given only 100 bottles were purchased by CARD, can we assume they didn't have that kind of money to hand?
  • Options
    Emailed to H&J on Talksport
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    red10 said:

Emailed to H&J on Talksport

Listening to them now, I tweeted them about 45 minutes ago, still no mention

They did have a discussion about foreign owners and mentioned
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Chelsea
    United

Lol typical
  • Options
    Hopefully this is the first in a series of ingenious, ever higher profile, actions this week, leading up to the headline newsworthy event at the match on Saturday...
  • Options

what's wrong with youth players filling up water bottles from a tap?

I agree that not providing them with breakfast is not just shitty but counter productive when you are trying to get these guys to eat healthily but filling up water bottles for themselves and the senior squad is no different to cleaning the senior players boots.

no wonder most of the little fuckers think they have made it

It's risking them getting "tapped" up by clubs that do fill up their bottles for them.

Joking aside I do agree with your point and the club statement plays a blinder by bringing in the save the environment angle. Hopefully the message will get through though about what is going on at the club in the wider sense and get that back in the media agenda and if it does it's served its purpose.
  • Options
    Great work @CARD