Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Saturday - Guess the attendance

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018

Remember the club said it would be allocating 500 tickets to CACT in east block H (the two left-hand sections of seats in the picture). In August the usual way to do that would be via football courses, etc, but my guess is they are being counted regardless.

There weren’t any noticeable CACT freebies in those blocks yesterday. Was nice watching the game with no food fights and other nonsense going on around us!
    I wouldn’t worry. You’ll soon see just how low the use of these comps is compared to the number handed out.
  • Options
    Gillis said:

Croydon said:

East stand was the emptiest I've seen it. Would have to think that was a bit of a boosted attendance too as it was the first home game of the season. Sad times indeed

Wow. According to the official attendance the valley was a third filled. I thought that our lying chief executive had left.
  • Options
    Also we must take into account time of year - lots of people away on holiday. I have actually been able to get a seat on the train home as opposed to riding on the top of the carriage Indian-style. My guess is around 6,000 - no more.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Also we must take into account time of year - lots of people away on holiday. I have actually been able to get a seat on the train home as opposed to riding on the top of the carriage Indian-style. My guess is around 6,000 - no more.

7,000 if not holiday time then.
  • Options
    Gillis said:

Croydon said:

East stand was the emptiest I've seen it. Would have to think that was a bit of a boosted attendance too as it was the first home game of the season. Sad times indeed

That is a very sad picture.
  • Options
    Sickening sight.

If there is any natural justice in the wo...rl... oh shut up Soapy, Roland is never going to take a plugged in toaster in the bath with him...
  • Options
    Louis Mendez said on Charlton Life that he’d been told that 5,970 season tickets had been sold. It looks like 1,500 to 2,000 of them were on holiday or couldn’t be arsed.

I think was the lowest crowd I’ve seen for a Saturday game since the early 80s, save for the shocking turnout last season against Fleetwood.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

I thought the Shrewsbury turnout very poor considering they had a good last season.

Have you been to Shrewsbury ?
    It's a little town in the middle of nowhere salop.
    there. amended for you.

• Options
    My father and I used to have a game of ‘guess the crowd’ and we got really good at it. Of course when the ground was full all bets were off. It’s difficult to be accurate because the crowd was so sparse in some areas and I’ve not seen that before. The maximum was 7500 but it may have been as low as 6500.