Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Saturday - Guess the attendance

Comments

• 14 chips, providing they’ve not been transferred on deadline day.
  • 5,890 reality. Bullshit numbers 17,234
  • 10,032 (officially).

At least it's easier to park & get a beer these days.
  • If the window slams shut with us even more bereft, what do we think the attendance will be on Saturday? Declared and actual. We know that 5233 season ticket holders will be counted as being there although I for one won’t be. Shrewsbury won’t bring more than 1000.

My guess is 9365 declared. 7200 actual

Worth noting from the Twatt thread that we had nearly 20000 on opening day only 3 years ago.

not such a silly billy
  • Official club attendance 9429

Lucky if there was more than 6 thousand inside the ground today.

Sad times
  • shirty5 said:

Official club attendance 9429

Sad times

Been like that for three years now. All part of the club's Black Ops "lying to supporters" campaign started by Katrien Meire when she had no credible answers to all the pertinent questions and had to spin every answer.
  • Glad I was there.

Great to see the kids pulling us through.
  • East stand was the emptiest I've seen it. Would have to think that was a bit of a boosted attendance too as it was the first home game of the season. Sad times indeed
  • Glad I was there.

Great to see the kids pulling us through.

And nice to hear the Covered end in good voice.
  • Sponsored links:

• When was the last time we had a league game under 10,000 attendance
  • So sad to see such a poor crowd,these kids deserve better,covered end in great voice.Saw enough last week and today to convince me this could be a decent season .
  • So sad to see such a poor crowd,these kids deserve better,covered end in great voice.Saw enough last week and today to convince me this could be a decent season .

Probably a good thing that it was a small crowd for their first 1st team game at The Valley, as the season progresses and we get better and the takeover goes ahead, the crowd will get bigger and it gives the young players time to get used to the bigger crowds. Yes I know, what a load of b******s :smiley:

A few in the past three seasons.

Bums on seats, absolute loads. I'd say take 15% off the official gate to get the actual gate.
  • Need to offer five match day tickets for £65 say.
  • Croydon said:

East stand was the emptiest I've seen it. Would have to think that was a bit of a boosted attendance too as it was the first home game of the season. Sad times indeed

Echo that. Usually at the end we have to queue to get up the stairs - none of that today & the roads were pretty empty too. No queuing up to QE2 & none up to the lights on Ha Ha Road.

Keep away you boycotters - so much easier.
  • shirty5 said:

Official club attendance 9429

Sad times

My thoughts as well. 6,000 maximum in the ground.

Last season.
  • I thought the Shrewsbury turnout very poor considering they had a good last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m sure that’s the lowest (actual) crowd I’ve ever seen at the Valley for a Saturday league match. As above, would be surprised if it was much over 6,000.
  • Croydon said:

East stand was the emptiest I've seen it. Would have to think that was a bit of a boosted attendance too as it was the first home game of the season. Sad times indeed

• Gillis said:

Croydon said:

Wow - if you told me this was taken at a friendly/JPT I wouldn’t question it.
  • I thought the Shrewsbury turnout very poor considering they had a good last season.

Have you been to Shrewsbury ?
    It's a little town in the middle of nowhere.
  • yes and I know.
  • Need to offer five match day tickets for £65 say.

Or season tickets for £200...
  • Gillis said:

Croydon said:

The East Stand takes 6,000 fans. I'd be amazed if there were 1,000 in there.

Have you been to Shrewsbury ?
    It's a little town in the middle of nowhere.
    It's very pleasant.
  • edited August 2018
    Remember the club said it would be allocating 500 tickets to CACT in east block H (the two left-hand sections of seats in the picture). In August the usual way to do that would be via football courses, etc, but my guess is they are being counted regardless.
  • Remember the club said it would be allocating 500 tickets to CACT in east block H (the two left-hand sections of seats in the picture). In August the usual way to do that would be via football courses, etc, but my guess is they are being counted regardless.

There weren’t any noticeable CACT freebies in those blocks yesterday. Was nice watching the game with no food fights and other nonsense going on around us!