Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Qualifying swims at the European Championship.

I just watched the qualifying for the women's 200m individual medley. Four British women finished in the top sixteen but only the two fastest of that four qualified for the semis so slower swimmers have advanced instead. WTF? as the yoof say. Anyone know why this strange rule has been introduced?

(I know, or at least I hope, it's the same for all nations and not just the UK because everyone hates us).

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Well - they do say you shouldn’t swim after eating, so that seems right to me.
  • Well - they do say you shouldn’t swim after eating, so that seems right to me.

Que? You've lost me there.
  • edited August 2018

Well - they do say you shouldn’t swim after eating, so that seems right to me.

You said 2 fasted not fastest hence the above joke.

Dont worry @SuedeAdidas I got it
  • Well - they do say you shouldn’t swim after eating, so that seems right to me.

You said 2 fasted not fastest hence the above joke.

Dont worry @SuedeAdidas I got it
    Thanks. Ducking spell checker.
  • I just watched the qualifying for the women's 200m individual medley. Four British women finished in the top sixteen but only the two fastest of that four qualified for the semis so slower swimmers have advanced instead. WTF? as the yoof say. Anyone know why this strange rule has been introduced?

(I know, or at least I hope, it's the same for all nations and not just the UK because everyone hates us).

I've no idea but i feel i should mention the Irish ladies hockey team as they haven't been on the bbc for at least an hour.