Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stan Kroenke

He has made a bid to buy all the Arsenal shares. Usmanov has agreed to sell his 30% stake

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45094538

Comments

• He's done a great job with the LA Rams, don't get what Arsenal fans are moaning about.
  • I think Stan wants less scrutiny of the club's finances - he wants to make the asset work for him.
  • Could Usmanov be interested in Charlton ? Lol

i'm not sure if the rumours of him being involved were hearsay from some one appearing in a picture at the valley with murphy and muir and elliot who looked a bit like usmanov, or he genuinely is part of the interested parties and this is the hold up with the EFL.

Everton to be his focus?
  • He's done a great job with the LA Rams, don't get what Arsenal fans are moaning about.

I presume this is sarcasm!
  • PaddyP17 said:

He's done a great job with the LA Rams, don't get what Arsenal fans are moaning about.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6034985/We-wholly-against-AST-slam-Kroenkes-Arsenal-bid.html
  • I think the issue Arsenal fans have is that he is buying out the stake with debt (a loan from Deutsche Bank) rather than his own cash.

I work in M&A and this is not unusual, but for a football club it may worry fans that it isn't a stable acquisition and if things were to go wrong for him financially it would have drastic implications for the club.
  • PaddyP17 said:

He's done a great job with the LA Rams, don't get what Arsenal fans are moaning about.

Yes and no - can't argue dispute how well the last year has gone for them.

Could Usmanov be interested in Charlton ? Lol

Everton to be his focus?
    Considering he probably already owns them.
  • I think the issue Arsenal fans have is that he is buying out the stake with debt (a loan from Deutsche Bank) rather than his own cash.

I work in M&A and this is not unusual, but for a football club it may worry fans that it isn't a stable acquisition and if things were to go wrong for him financially it would have drastic implications for the club.

It seems to be par for the course to load the club with debt and then try ways to extract cash. The Glazers have used Man U in this way.

It could all go horribly wrong....
  • Sponsored links:

Their issue is also that he is using Arsenal purely as an investment and wants to make a profit. He is not interested in spending decent money on players or winning trophies.

He will also inevitably use their profits to pay back his loan.

Their issue is also that he is using Arsenal purely as an investment and wants to make a profit. He is not interested in spending decent money on players or winning trophies.

He will also inevitably use their profits to pay back his loan.
    Is he though? He's trying to bring success to the Rams.
  • I think I read that Kroenke’s bid values Arsenal at something like £1.8BN, so something like 40 times the value of Charlton!
  • se9addick said:

I think I read that Kroenke’s bid values Arsenal at something like £1.8BN, so something like 40 times the value of Charlton!

Roland would still ask for more.
  • Rather akin to the Glazers then though he says he won't be putting the debt into the club (which is what they did)

• could be tears for arsenal fans, it was only a matter of time before they were turned into a business a lot of premier league supporting pals call me such a lower league fan but genuinely would i want to be up there - no chance, such a boring league, brilliant video doing the rounds atm which shows liverpool players and staff boarding a coach not even acknowledging fans - doesnt suprise me - vile club, with one arrogant cnut of a manager, and i for one was delighted when they dicked up the champions league. then it shows bromley players making a real fuss of a young fan. arsenal fans have never stopped moaning but now i think this could be something to moan about kroenke will only care about his accounts being in profit - with arsenal it doesnt matter what they do on the pitch - the stadium is always full - they do have themselves to blame top 4 under arsene was not good enough - and now they consider top 6 an achievement.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Everton to be his focus?
    Yeah of course, but he did that by ripping them out of St Louis and relocating them to a market where even the guy who invented New Coke would have succeeded.

There is something intangible about a club's identity that Kroenke would be willing and able to tarnish. We have seen it ourselves over the past four and a half years.
  • IF Kroenke didn't have the cash himself he wouldn't get the loan.

It's how these things work - why get cash out of various places, sell bits etc, take ages and costs him money when he can get a loan and sort it out quickly and easily.
  • edited August 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Everton to be his focus?
    Yeah of course, but he did that by ripping them out of St Louis and relocating them to a market where even the guy who invented New Coke would have succeeded.

There is something intangible about a club's identity that Kroenke would be willing and able to tarnish. We have seen it ourselves over the past four and a half years.
    Although the Rams were originally in LA before they moved to St Louis...
  • Rather akin to the Glazers then though he says he won't be putting the debt into the club (which is what they did)

How the glazers bought Man Utd was insane. They basically went to a bank and said “give us the money to buy Man Utd” and it happened and they put all of that purchased debt onto Man Utd. Essentially getting one of the biggest football clubs for free. Mental.
  • Sponsored links:

• PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Everton to be his focus?

Also true, but the way he did it really screwed over a lot of St Louis fans. It was done out of pure profitability.
  • PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Everton to be his focus?

Also true, but the way he did it really screwed over a lot of St Louis fans. It was done out of pure profitability.
    Oh no doubt about that yeah. Interesting to see where Arsenal go from here and makes you wonder if this was the real reason behind Wenger's departure.
  • He's married to one of Sam Walton's daughters and made his money building shopping malls right across the states, often linked to Walmart stores .. money, either cash or borrowed will not ne a problem for ol Stan
  • PaddyP17 said:

PaddyP17 said:

Everton to be his focus?

And before LA ? I saw the Rams when they first moved to Anaheim. Anaheim Stadium was an impressive venue already and they filled in the empty end for the arrival of the Rams.
  • is this old news ? .. according to the BBC, Usmanov has accepted Stan's offer of £550 Million for his shares
  • Genuine question, will Kroenke have to go through a fit and proper person test?
  • Genuine question, will Kroenke have to go through a fit and proper person test?

As he's already their majority shareholder you'd assume he's already passed it
  • HexHex
    edited August 2018

is this old news ? .. according to the BBC, Usmanov has accepted Stan's offer of £550 Million for his shares

Until very recently Usmanov was still trying to sell his shares to an (any) Arsenal supporter and has been trying for a year, maybe more. Funnily enough that story appeared about the same time as Muir was named in VOTV
  • rumours about usmanov come from this photo

The guy looks a little like usmanov if usmanov was about 20 years younger.