Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018/2019 Betting Thread

Comments

• Options

I really like Bowyer. Under better circumstances at a normal club, I think he'll be a decent manager. Hopefully, that can be at Charlton eventually

Is this on the right thread @Chrissy\\\'s Army!!
    Oops.
  • Options
    I'm up to £79 by just backing 1 dead cert.

Who is more likely to win out of these three?
    City to beat wolves away?
    Arsenal to beat West Ham at home
    Liverpool to beat Brighton at home.

I'm feeling Arsenal @1/3. I think Wolves and Brighton have enough guts to scrape draws.
  • Options

I'm feeling Arsenal @1/3. I think Wolves and Brighton have enough guts to scrape draws.

If it's a dead cert Nick how come your betting the house on it
  • Options
    Well you don't make any money by backing £5 at 1/3.
  • Options

£1.67
  • Options

interesting read, former reading player who dropped through the leagues and struggled with gambling, opens up on bbc sport:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/a35b72fb-6035-4ccc-90bc-f2a93c4d3671

That’s a really good article.
  • Options

Arsenal
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I'd go Liverpool out of them three. Probably man city ahead of arsenal as well. Hopeless gambler though, so stick with Arsenal on that basis.
  • Options
    Liverpool

West Ham have done Arsenal a few times at their place.
  • Options
    Wolves have got 1 point from 2 games
    In both those games they played against 10 men.

Man City have scored 8 and conceded 1 in there 2 games.

Man City 100% out of those 3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Man up and put them in a three fold. :-)
  • Options
    clb74 said:

£1.67
    Think you'll find it will be £1.66. Bookies always "round down" regardless and is the reason why they are so rich.
  • Options

Personally
    Liverpool
    Arsenal
    City

All should win but you never know thats order for me irrelative of odds
  • Options

I'd say Arsenal but that's probably a reason to go else where haha. I take it you put all £79 on? If so have you got a target to get to before you take the money?
  • Options

I'd say Arsenal but that's probably a reason to go else where haha. I take it you put all £79 on? If so have you got a target to get to before you take the money?
    Probably more value in lower league certainty , following on from what has been said above. I fully expect Arsenal to win. I think Forest at home 17/20 to Birmingham would be better value than the above.
  • Options

Probably more value in lower league certainty , following on from what has been said above. I fully expect Arsenal to win. I think Forest at home 17/20 to Birmingham would be better value than the above.
    Did you watch Brum at Swanse they hammered them for nil nil, and then lost to in form Bolton away 1-0. I think their good for a draw at least at Forest.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Did you watch Brum at Swanse they hammered them for nil nil, and then lost to in form Bolton away 1-0. I think their good for a draw at least at Forest.
    I think i might have watched some of it, was a poor game. Swansea didn't turn up, this is the problem with the challenge : Singles/doubles , although you should win a few really unless your bad at betting or unlucky, a game of football anything can happen and you get so many dodgy result.

Personally i think it might be more value in say sticking £10 each week on a team you think will run away with the league and might work out better, like with all betting there are flaws and this way i think is probably more risk adverse if you have selected well. I haven't done this myself , but i feel would work, might even try going forward.

Currently i have been doing well , but because of winnings i have been betting more. Eg. now i do about 3 £5 4/5 folds which lately have had success and then a few other bets which i think are good value eg. aways/ btts and win.

Sorry for waffling , just got me thinking about it. Its so tough to pick one game a week that is 100% , in theory it shouldn't be.

PS normally i would bet £10- £15 if easier week, probably currently been doing £25 but have been withdrawing and freerolling since a few weeks ago, also play bits of poker with the same money too. Sound like a proper gambler but if i am winning i will ride the wave, when i am not doing as well i will limit myself
  • Options

Wolves have got 1 point from 2 games
    In both those games they played against 10 men.

Man City have scored 8 and conceded 1 in there 2 games.

Man City 100% out of those 3

Ouch!
  • Options
    Reading’s 93rd min ocost me plenty today
  • Options
    In what world do Wycombe have the right to go and win away at Bradford?

Fuming
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fuming

The same as mine mate
  • Options

Fuming

In the same world where Bradford are shit and Charlton can't beat a team from a Scout hut ground near Liverpool.
  • Options
    Had some loose change in my account so did a mad 15 fold bet at 1400-1 was so out there I didn't even bother to check it til just now...got 13/15 only let down by city and Porto who threw away a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry!
  • Options
    Fulham look big at evens.
    Burnley one eye on second leg of CL game?
  • Options
    I’ve done Palace, Fulham Chelsea at 10/1

You can all laugh later :-)
  • Options

I’ve done Palace, Fulham Chelsea at 10/1

You can all laugh later :-)

Can we laugh now
  • Options
    Have a look at this for bad luck.. Rangers 94th minute last kick of the game cost me 900 quid
  • Options
    I won a request a bet - Hazard to score and Chelsea to win 2-1 £80 return put £2 nearly put £4.

Yesterday i had 2 bets 1 let me down, Fylde (Dont really know national league so not surprised i had cash out of £79 but return £180 for £3 stake) nearly bet on Harrogate or draw to guarantee profit regardless £50 or £100. Other one was aldershot i backed to lose for free bet would have been £250 included spurs, do any of you think there is much value in the lower leagues as i dont normally other than Salford occasionally.

Think i was a couple away on Saturday too but overall ticking over so i can bet/poker and not deposited since start of season (Couple withdrawals previously mentioned) so thats a win in itself.
  • Options
    I think there's lots of value in the lower leagues, though I like to start putting bets on only when the season gets properly underway, say 8-10 games in. I dont have time to keep up with team and player changes constantly.
    The bookmakers can't possibly devote as much resource to following the lower leagues and calculating odds, as the betting volume is at the top end of the pyramid, so if you do your homework I think the opportunity for profit lower down is a good deal greater. You can often pick out games in foreign leagues too.

My approach anyway has changed from lengthy accumulators that almost never win to singles on games I think have been mispriced, and I choose them carefully. Sometimes I dont even bother because I cant see an anomaly in the list.

Sometimes I do a treble, usually backed up with three singles, but the odds are generally not that long. I'd rather win three weeks out of five than come close every week but almost never win.
  • Options
    @IdleHans are you increasing your stakes betting on singles or sticking to the same stakes you were doing for your accy’s?