Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options

Wow, tag match from the (un) dynamic duo.

Not even trying to be muggy. It’s just completely alien to me that someone can be a Charlton fan and a Celtic fan.
    I can understand that, but saying after Celtic fans have (and Rangers do it too) threatened a referee's family that Charlton also have some twats has perplexed me.
    Its so basic i feel i should not need to explain, but just for you..... Paulie said Celtic fans are scum cause the ref got texts from fans meaning more than one... It turns out one fan did it and the police are investigating. I implied yes there are fans who are unsavoury and all clubs have them... Including Charlton, you saying we don't have any.
  • Options

Not even trying to be muggy. It’s just completely alien to me that someone can be a Charlton fan and a Celtic fan.
    I can understand that, but saying after Celtic fans have (and Rangers do it too) threatened a referee's family that Charlton also have some twats has perplexed me.
    Its so basic i feel i should not need to explain, but just for you..... Paulie said Celtic fans are scum cause the ref got texts from fans meaning more than one... It turns out one fan did it and the police are investigating. I implied yes there are fans who are unsavoury and all clubs have them... Including Charlton, you saying we don't have any.
    Not quite ti the same level....
  • Options

Where does it say it turned out to be one fan.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers-celtic-old-firm-referee-john-beaton-statement-police-scotland-phone-number-leaked-a8712766.html?amp

Trolls have since bombarded the official with dozens of threatening and abusive messages and Beaton is now waiting to speak to officers.

Also I doubt the Police would provide protection if it was just 1 person, they would just arrest that 1 person
  • Options

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers-celtic-old-firm-referee-john-beaton-statement-police-scotland-phone-number-leaked-a8712766.html?amp

Trolls have since bombarded the official with dozens of threatening and abusive messages and Beaton is now waiting to speak to officers.

Also I doubt the Police would provide protection if it was just 1 person, they would just arrest that 1 person
    It was on the national news the other day..... That's where. Plus just for you, the guy involved is known as a dumpling always doing things to draw attention to himself... Benefits of having friends in Scotland who can tell me these things.
  • Options
    Liverpool rumoured to be in for James Forrest. Would be a big loss for Celtic.
  • Options

Has he had a bullet sent to him yet? Glad to have seen Lennon call out the idiots who have abused the ref. If one person can speak from experience, it is him.
  • Options
    Celtic Winning
    Rangers Losing
    No comment from @Henry Irving yet

Is he ok?? Usually jumps all over this :wink:
  • Options
    Probably too busy polishing his photos of Gordon Strachan :wink:
  • Options
    Oliver Burke, great signing for Celtic. Seems to have lost his way a bit and i'm surprised he can't get a game at West brom, but he was a 15m player only 2 and a half years ago.
  • Options
    Whatever the merits of Scottish football I have always had a respect for the support numbers both Celtic and Rangers get.

For both clubs to be averaging between 45-55k every week with the knowledge they are almost certain to win is fantastic.

In a strange way it must be tedious expecting a win but just sitting back to see how many goals you are going to score.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Whatever the merits of Scottish football I have always had a respect for the support numbers both Celtic and Rangers get.

For both clubs to be averaging between 45-55k every week with the knowledge they are almost certain to win is fantastic.

In a strange way it must be tedious expecting a win but just sitting back to see how many goals you are going to score.

That can be echoed right round the world though...same few teams usually win the leagues and the cups...
  • Options

That can be echoed right round the world though...same few teams usually win the leagues and the cups...
    Nowhere near as much as in Scotland

• Options

12 teams have won the Scottish top flight compared to 5 (five) in Portugal, of those 5 2 of them have only won it once. I'm not sure what your statement is based on?

On another note, although Celtic do have a game in hand, 3 points separate 1st and 4th, compared to 13 (thirteen) points in the far more exciting premiership.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

12 teams have won the Scottish top flight compared to 5 (five) in Portugal, of those 5 2 of them have only won it once. I'm not sure what your statement is based on?

On another note, although Celtic do have a game in hand, 3 points separate 1st and 4th, compared to 13 (thirteen) points in the far more exciting premiership.
    2 of those were Third Larnak and Dumbarton in 188'something and apart from Rangers (54) and Celtic (49), the next most titles is 2. Since 1965, thats 53 season, only 2 seasons hasn't seen either Rangers or Celtic win the League.

I was going on English (20 Utd, 18 Liverpool, 13 Arsenal, Then 7, 6, 6, 5 for other teams), Spanish (33 Real, 25 Barca, 10 Atletico, 8 Bilbao...) and Italian (33 Juve, 18 Milan, 18 Inter, Genoa 9, Torino 7....) league titles. I'd Imagine Cups have an even bigger range.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

2 of those were Third Larnak and Dumbarton in 188'something and apart from Rangers (54) and Celtic (49), the next most titles is 2.

I was going on English (20 Utd, 18 Liverpool, 13 Arsenal, Then 7, 6, 6, 5 for other teams), Spanish (33 Real, 25 Barca, 10 Atletico, 8 Bilbao...) and Italian (33 Juve, 18 Milan, 18 Inter, Genoa 9, Torino 7....) league titles. I'd Imagine Cups have an even bigger range.
    Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs have 4 each.

Fair play though, when he said around the world I assumed he meant world wide and not 3 biggest leagues in Europe, I missed that.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

2 of those were Third Larnak and Dumbarton in 188'something and apart from Rangers (54) and Celtic (49), the next most titles is 2.

Fair play though, when he said around the world I assumed he meant world wide and not 3 biggest leagues in Europe, I missed that.
    Sorry 4, my mistake. Still minute in comparison to 54 & 49.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/02/14/football-titles-world-league-rangers-top-but-who-is-most-dominant-140201/

7 year old article, but seeing as no other team outside Glasgow has won the title since, shouldn't matter too much. Considering the age of the league and the number of 'different winners'...over 84% is a ridiculous percentage of the 'big 2'.
  • Options
    I've noticed you edited to add
    Since 1965, thats 53 season, only 2 seasons hasn't seen either Rangers or Celtic win the League.
    Aberdeen alone have won it three times since 1965. :smiley:
  • Options

I've noticed you edited to add

Since 1965, thats 53 season, only 2 seasons hasn't seen either Rangers or Celtic win the League.

Yeah my 70's and 80's Scottish football knowledge isn't as great as it should be
  • Options
    edited January 2019

I've noticed you edited to add Since 1965, thats 53 season, only 2 seasons hasn't seen either Rangers or Celtic win the League.

Yeah my 70's and 80's Scottish football knowledge isn't as great as it should be
    Not saying it is competitive, although funny enough it was during the 80s, but Chippy is right, loads of leagues are similar. Only 6 teams have won the Greek league.
  • Options

Most countries the competition is only between 2 if your lucky 3 teams....Scotland isn't alone in this...its cos its Celtic that have won it for the last few seasons that's why....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Most countries the competition is only between 2 if your lucky 3 teams....Scotland isn't alone in this...its cos its Celtic that have won it for the last few seasons that's why....
    Read somewhere they were thinking about moving to Dublin because of Brexit😉
  • Options

I've noticed you edited to add Since 1965, thats 53 season, only 2 seasons hasn't seen either Rangers or Celtic win the League.

Not saying it is competitive, although funny enough it was during the 80s, but Chippy is right, loads of leagues are similar. Only 6 teams have won the Greek league.
    There's only 7 teams in it.
  • Options

There's only 7 teams in it.
    Close, it's over 2,500.
  • Options

FFS, even when I'm agreeing with you, you argue.
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

Read somewhere they were thinking about moving to Dublin because of Brexit😉
    Indeed but there are not cowards.
  • Options

FFS, even when I'm agreeing with you, you argue. </blockquot

Wasnt arguing with you mate at all, think you read that wrong..There is a one eyed jack here who is slightly blinkered.
  • Options

And let's face it with the money the big sides get from the champions league, and the gap between the big clubs getting wider, that isn't likely to change much. Juventus for example have won 7 titles in a row and 4 league/cup doubles.

Can anyone really see many sides other than the below contesting for the title in these countries in the near future:

France: PSG
    Germany: Bayern and Dortmund
    Spain: Barca, Real, Atletico Madrid
    Portugal: Porto and Benfica
    Holland: Ajax/PSV/Feyenoord
    Italy: Juventus
  • Options

And let's face it with the money the big sides get from the champions league, and the gap between the big clubs getting wider, that isn't likely to change much. Juventus for example have won 7 titles in a row and 4 league/cup doubles.

Can anyone really see many sides other than the below contesting for the title in these countries in the near future:

France: PSG
    Germany: Bayern and Dortmund
    Spain: Barca, Real, Atletico Madrid
    Portugal: Porto and Benfica
    Holland: Ajax/PSV/Feyenoord
    Italy: Juventus
    No sadly.
  • Options
    time to start deducting the twats points

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47276671 

and while we're at it, time to start deducting these twats points

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-clarke-rangers-sectarian-blast-14029236 
  • Options
    time to start deducting the twats points

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47276671 

and while we're at it, time to start deducting these twats points

https://www.dailyreord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-clarke-rangers-sectarian-blast-14029236 
    i consider both clubs to having scummy fans, the only thing is with both sides is it is a small proportion of each, that's why i wanted hearts to do well just to piss both off, the rangers fans bar in benidrom that was apparently torched - is a bit of an exageration as it is the outside part that caught on fire due to some flags being set alight - the bar is still perfectly in tact.