Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAST Need to act

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

The only thing that is utterly poisonous at our club at present is the owner, not a supporter asking our supporters trust that now is the time to act.

There's also some little red berries growing on a bush next to the west stand that should be best avoided. Tried them as an accompaniment to my meagre portion of 14 chips once and it didn't end well.
  • Options

JohnnyH2 said:

The only thing that is utterly poisonous at our club at present is the owner, not a supporter asking our supporters trust that now is the time to act.

There's also some little red berries growing on a bush next to the west stand that should be best avoided. Tried them as an accompaniment to my meagre portion of 14 chips once and it didn't end well.
    Not the ones below waist height I hope Rodders :wink:
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Addickted said:

So a healthy debate about getting rid of blood sucking owner on a fans forum is "Full of everything that is wrong about the Charlton fanbase"?

Really?

Oh right, because that's what I said isn't it - that EVRY comment was wrong?

To be honest, you can think what you want mate, I'm not going to rise to it.

Good day to you, sir.
    Game set and match to Addickted there I fancy!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    And that was my point re social media.
    If Lancs Lad had waited for his response to his email, this thread wouldn't have started & shots wouldn't have been fired.
    I remember vividly being in the Railway Tavern Bexley Village back in the day, sipping a pint of ale with another Charlton fan. Didn't know him, stumbled across him at the bar. I was going to Shithurst, he wasn't. We both gave our reasons. We both discussed our love for the club & then we both bought each other a beer & said, 'see you when we get back to the Valley'.
    I suppose we don't always make progress as we move forward :-(
  • Options

Off_it said:

Addickted said:

So a healthy debate about getting rid of blood sucking owner on a fans forum is "Full of everything that is wrong about the Charlton fanbase"?

Really?

Good day to you, sir.
    You reckon?

It seems I'm not the only person who thinks that way reading this thread. But as I said, it's my view. I read the thread and thought "fucking hell, look at these people all having petty pops at one another - again". It seems others think the same.

Some might see it as healthy debate. Some might see it as petty squabbling. I gave a view and then tried not to get drawn into petty squabbling about whether I'm right or not because that was my point in the first place.

Deuce. Your serve.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Addickted said:

Really?

Good day to you, sir.
    You reckon?

It seems I'm not the only person who thinks that way reading this thread. But as I said, it's my view. I read the thread and thought "fucking hell, look at these people all having petty pops at one another - again". It seems others think the same.

Some might see it as healthy debate. Some might see it as petty squabbling. I gave a view and then tried not to get drawn into petty squabbling about whether I'm right or not because that was my point in the first place.

Deuce. Your serve.
    No interest in providing a view on this mini debate, but thought I'd register my amusement of "Deuce. Your Serve". Made me giggle!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    seth plum said:

Only just read all this.

I am glad I'm not on twitter (or facebook) but because of that some of the assumptions and history in this debate passes me by because I simply am not aware of some of the things occurring.

Much earlier on this thread @Covered End talked about not being a member of 'organisations' but doing stuff on a case by case basis as it were.
    I am happily a member of the supporters trust, and if one can be a member of a 'coalition', then others would call me a member of CARD. However I think I am like @Covered End in that I participate in what I think is good or deserves support, but always reserve the right to think and act independently.

The Trust has it's critics, but for me there are some fundamental reasons why it has my support and why I am a member.

Number one is because it is the one and only even vaguely democratic organisation of Charlton Fans, no other fan grouping at Charlton can claim that, and I also support the Trust because it is part of the greater Supporters Trust movement in football generally. I have assisted the Trust in ways that suit me, but I am totally aware that it would be up to me to make the (darn hard and unrewarding) effort to do more and shape policy further. My position is that on balance I am content that the Trust is doing it's best.

As for CARD, I don't know if I am a member or not, I have freely donated to the protest fund, and participated enthusiastically in a huge number of actions. However I have considered each action as they have arisen, and have participated in the way that suits me. I feel sentient not manipulated.

I also believe that it is possible to do something as an individual. Resigngate being a fantastic example, and I also had a sad billy no mates 'protest' at the Valley when we had one of our managerial changes.

If any of the huge variety of actors on this protest stage are pursuing some kind of agenda or are in it for self aggrandisement it has passed me by. I assume that most people simply want to help our club in the best way they can in terms of resisting the devastating impact of our absentee owner.

If you care about Charlton, and are not behaving in an objectively reprehensible way when manifesting your personal resistance, then you're all right by me.

I think that there can be effective expressions of discontent in the future that wouldn't require huge numbers. My only variation on a theme as it were, is that not all protest activities need seek publicity.

Ditto. I am a member of The Trust.
    I just don't wish to be a board member, although I have privately, as well as publicly, given my personal opinion on matters to the board, when asked and always would.

I've also participated in all the CARD actions, but am not a CARD decision maker, although once again, have offered my opinion, when asked privately in the past and always would.

We agree hurrah :smile:
  • Options
    Nobody can ever agree with everything, that is why you need organisations like CARD, CAST, ROT. You join the ones you broadly support.
  • Options
    I would expect a statement today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    I would expect a statement today.
    Do not live in hope, statement today is a waste of time
  • Options
    @Pico Anything?