Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Just phoned the EFL in Preston.

edited August 2018 in General Charlton
Following the Bauer situation, (which has left me totally gutted by the way), I called them and was put through to supporters liaison department for the usual comment of..... “I’ll pass your comments on to the various departments that deal with your views.”
You want to get angry with them of course but the girls there are not the ones to get angry with, but you can never get any further than them to air your views. She even suggested that I contact the club with my grievances.....can you believe that!!!!!!
They are super tight lipped and never show or give an opinion one way or the other..........though they of course no doubt share our angst......well I can only imagine they do.
One thing I did get from her though, is that she admitted to getting lots of calls from us Addicks regarding Goldfinger and his lousy regime.
Nothing wrong with a few more calls guys and gals........if nothing else it helps to get things off your chest....so get dialling.

Comments

• sarge1g said:

I spoke to somebody at the EFL last week and did get past the girls on the switchboard to ask if there was any info' they were able to give in relation to the takeover but the guy I spoke to was so non committal that it was a waste of effort. Even when asked about integrity of competition (League 1) due to our lack of CEO, CFO and permanent manager with a current owner (who they passed as "fit and proper") who is asset stripping by selling players at less than expected value the answer was "we cannot comment on individual clubs".
    Roland Out Today !!!

Understand your frustration sarge......but each call is at least logged, so they know another Addick has called and we should all find a few minutes of our time just to call them and at the very least ‘rattle their cage.”
  • I had an email from them asking if I was excited about the opening weekend of the season and I replied and asked them some questions. Not expecting a response for a minute but it made me feel better.
  • Got a feeling that phone line could get rather busy!

Well done for posting the number.
  • shirty5 said:
    We all agree with this article but just what action can the respective bodies take? Unless said owners have broken the law or infringed the rules of the FA or the EFL not much these organisations can do.

• addick05 said:

shirty5 said:
    We all agree with this article but just what action can the respective bodies take? Unless said owners have broken the law or infringed the rules of the FA or the EFL not much these organisations can do.

Not much they can do as things stand I agree....so change the bloody legislation!
    Are The EFL fit for purpose.....in this respect, without question, the answer has to be a resounding NO.
    I have a hatred of all things Millwall......going back many many years and whilst I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if they were similarly going through what we have these last few seasons, I would nevertheless support them in every effort they might take to save themselves from such a fate, simply because it would be so fundamentally wrong wrong wrong......and for me to say that takes some doing.
    Sorry mate, more chance of knitting fog.