Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bauer - won't be renewing contract

Comments

• edited August 2018
    Why did he feel the need to put it on Twitter?

And where was the confusion?

And why announce it now, one game into a new season?

Whatever the responses, it’s just another load of shit to be thrown at us.
  • Fuck sake
  • I reckon you ought to think about recharging the battery on your phone !
  • Feels like I've just been punched in the gut reading that as he's one of my favourite players!!

As @SELR_Addicks says, fully respect him for being open and honest over the situation, especially as it seems that people aren't being honest with us when he says that he was never offered a new Contract
  • Sponsored links:

• HandG said:

The confusion might be because Bowyer said last week Bolton had enquired about him, he wasn't being sold and had been offered a new contract.

Bauer now says he hasn't been offered anything.
  • Last week Bowyer said:

"Pat has been offered a new deal and he is thinking about that at the moment".

Now the man himself says he hasn't been offered anything.

So someone is lying?

Maybe he shouldn’t have included the word “new” but to be fair that’s probably how Leyland Daff Deturck describes it to LB. I mean what would he know about football contracts anyway...
  • HandG said:

And why now?

Least he's being open and honest about it.

Respect him more for letting the fans know rather than trying to engineer a move away in the background.
    I’m not knocking him at all-four years service at our place deserves a medal. I don’t imagine his main objective was to “let the fans know” though and can’t see him still in a Charlton shirt come the end of the season, maybe not even the end of the week.
  • HandG said:

Maybe the confusion is regarding the article last week 'Bowyer says Bauer has been offered a new contract'

Bauer saying he hasn't been.
  • cafc4life said:

Can anyone blame him?

Nope... I just hope he's fed up being under Roland and that if we can keep him till a takeover is completed (LOL!) then he'll maybe consider a new deal under our new owners - Really sounds like a come and get me plea though and explains he lack of performance Saturday as didnt seem on top of his game I must admit

Oh well... We're getting a new Defender (to replace Bauer) and a new Midfielder (to replace Aribo or JFC), so we'll only sign the one Goalkeeper that'll actually ADD to the squad before the window closes on Thursday

Certainly tallies up with what Ajose apparently said on the train home!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I imagine he's on a decent contract, one which we can't afford to renew in L1 anyway
  • edited August 2018
    I don't think he had one of his best games on Saturday not too bad 1st half but got caught out ball watching several times 2nd period. Maybe he had his mind elsewhere and it affected his concentration. Just saying like.
  • Hopefully he is simply saying... I'm not going to extend my Contract on the same terms as what I'm currently on, either give me a better deal or I leave for free at the end of the season!!