Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League season (18/19)

Comments

• Options
    Wigan worst away record in The Championship with  win all season

Down to 10 men after 15 minutes

Go 1-0 down after 17 minutes

Full Time

Leeds United 1 Wigan Athletic 2

• Options
    Shame Rotherham lost as that really would have put Millwall in the shit
  • Options
    I just love watching Leeds and Bielsa fail. Sky sports execs probably in meltdown.
  • Options
    I’m guessing sky don’t want Leeds to go up because they would have to share them with bt sport and Amazon. 
  • Options
    Both sides have 82 points. 

Sheff Utd (+32 GD)
    Hull away
    Ipswich home
    Stoke away

Leeds (+26 GD)
    Brentford away
    Villa home
    Ipswich away

I think if SU win their last 3 they'll go up. Given that you'd expect them to comfortably beat Ipswich at home it'd be pretty impossible for Leeds to make up the goal difference.
    However both have tricky games, Hull and Stoke away won't be easy. Neither will Brentford away, and then Villa are the most in form team in the league, 9 straight wins for them now. 
  • Options
    What an end to the season for Ipswich, Sheff Utd and Leeds!

Indeed if Sheffield United screw up the Ipswich fans could have the dubious pleasure of seeing Leeds celebrating promotion at Portman Road...
  • Options
    Sheff Utd currently 2-0 up at Hull
  • Options
    3-0 now.

2 wins from the premier league.
  • Options
    Sheff Utd currently 2-0 up at Hull
    I knew they would come good 😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leeds lose 2-0 at Brentford. Clearly they didn't spy on their opponents very well this week
  • Options
    Leeds lose 2-0 at Brentford. Clearly they didn't spy on their opponents very well this week
    Gutted that Sheff Utd are likely to be premier league 7 years after they finished 3rd in our champions season 
  • Options

Looks like Leeds have bottled it. Sheff Utd just need 4 point I think.

My money would be on Villa in the play offs

• Options
    Sheff Utd 85 pts +35 GD
    Leeds 82 pts +24 GD

Sheff United at home to rock bottom Ipswich on Saturday night knowing a win will get them promotion (not mathematically, but Leeds aren't making up that goal difference over 2 games).
  • Options
    Who was the fella who knew they’d come good .

• Options
    Also means that of sides like Leeds, WBA, Derby, Villa, Boro, Stoke, Forest..........most will still be in the Championship next season.

Add Huddersfield and Fulham who will surely spend big again to that lot, and the Championship will be very difficult again next season.

If we do manage to go up, it's going to be a tough old season.
  • Options
    Also means that of sides like Leeds, WBA, Derby, Villa, Boro, Stoke, Forest..........most will still be in the Championship next season.

Add Huddersfield and Fulham who will surely spend big again to that lot, and the Championship will be very difficult again next season.

Not sure if I think any of the relegated teams will spend big to try and get an instant return to the Premier League

Huddersfield especially; reckon they'll be sensible under their owner and spend enough to make them competitive but will keep the parachute payments back as a safety net
  • Options

Not sure if I think any of the relegated teams will spend big to try and get an instant return to the Premier League

Huddersfield especially; reckon they'll be sensible under their owner and spend enough to make them competitive but will keep the parachute payments back as a safety net
    Sorry i meant just Fulham. Their owner is loaded, i'm sure he'll splash the cash
  • Options
    Leeds' last 5 matches:

113 shots
    27 shots on target
    4 goals
    3 defeats
    3.5% conversion rate

They've also lost 9 times since the turn of the year, compared to Norwich and SU losing just twice.
  • Options

Sorry i meant just Fulham. Their owner is loaded, i'm sure he'll splash the cash
    Fulham will be stuck with a lot of deadwood though, that'll eat into their parachute payments. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking forward to Leeds potentially facing Frank Lampards Derby County again in the playoffs. Would be hilarious to see Leeds in the championship for another season.
  • Options
    Means other teams won't get a chance to be on Sky Sports unless facing Leeds.
  • Options
    Villa vs WBA in the playoffs will be tasty too!
  • Options

Fulham will be stuck with a lot of deadwood though, that'll eat into their parachute payments. 
    A lot of the Fulham players have minimum release clauses in their contracts in the event of relegation apparently, so could see a big change in playing staff this summer.
  • Options
    Gutted for Leeds, but Bielsa has said time and time again that they’re not efficient enough. He has said they need to create 10 good chances a game just to score at least one.

That is the problem. No goal scorer. Norwich have Pukki, Sheffield United have Sharp, West Brom have Gayle and Rodriguez, Villa have Abraham etc.

My opinion is they’re the best side in the league, but they’re probably the least efficient in front of goal.
  • Options

And hopefully Parker will waste it.
  • Options
    I doubt that Fulham will be promotion contenders next season and I see Huddersfield as likely strugglers. The teams relegated from the Premier league don't normally do as well as people think.
  • Options
    Sheff Utd 1-0 up and have one foot back in the premier league.

Also read they've sold out of season tickets for next season, selling a club record 25k.
  • Options
    Sheff Utd 1-0 up and have one foot back in the premier league.

Also read they've sold out of season tickets for next season, selling a club record 25k.
    Sad times.