Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football League season (18/19)

Comments

• Options
    Blackburn beat Leeds (who surprisingly were live on tv) and are up to 5th. Impressive for a newly promoted side who've spent very little money. Mowbray doing a very good job there.
  • Options
    Leeds on Sky now for the 9th time in their opening 17 games!

And they're apparently on Sky twice more before the end of this month. Pathetic from sky.
  • Options

Leeds on Sky now for the 9th time in their opening 17 games!

And they're apparently on Sky twice more before the end of this month. Pathetic from sky.

Sky doing their bit to help Leeds back to the premiership.
    It's little guys like us that they hate.
  • Options
    Luton 4 nil up over Plymouth, Bradford winning at Posh and Sunderland nil nil against Wycombe

Somehow you know that Sunderland will score before the end, they seem to have a knack of grinding out victories
  • Options
    Posh now 1-1
  • Options
    Sunderland 0 Wycombe 1

Goal scored by No 19 ... Lord Bowyer couldn't pronounce Onyedinma's name :smiley:
  • Options
    85' Sunderland 1 Wycombe 1

Nailed on for a Sunderland win now.
  • Options

Surprisingly both the Sunderland and Posh games finished 1-1

Somehow we're still in the top 6, on GD
  • Options

Surprisingly both the Sunderland and Posh games finished 1-1

Somehow we're still in the top 6, on GD
    But 4 points behind the team in 5th.
    6 points required from Bristol Rovers and Burton
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    The top 5 are threatening to pull away.

So tight for 6th though, 5 teams all on 28 points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another red card for Southend today, not like when Chris Powell was our manager!
  • Options
    Great game on now, Villa 2 up, Leeds have come storming back to 2-2.

I'm just surprised Sky decided to put Leeds on tv.
  • Options

Great game on now, Villa 2 up, Leeds have come storming back to 2-2.

I'm just surprised Sky decided to put Leeds on tv.

Is an excellent advert for the Football League
  • Options
    41,411 villas best attendance of the season
    Great game
  • Options
    2-3 Leeds in injury time carnage
  • Options
    Had a feeling that was going to happen... Aston Villa went proper Charlton the way they got deeper and deeper as that half went on
  • Options
    What an away day for Leeds, 95th minute winner and absolute chaos in the away end.

Probably not a popular opinion but i hope they get back to the premier league. Rather have a big club with good support up there than sides like Huddersfield and Fulham.
  • Options

What an away day for Leeds, 95th minute winner and absolute chaos in the away end.

Probably not a popular opinion but i hope they get back to the premier league. Rather have a big club with good support up there than sides like Huddersfield and Fulham.

Not to mention be great to have Biesla in the top flight
  • Options
    Leeds also had a few home grown players so good for them. Only saw the second half and very enjoyable.

Villa seem to ship quite a few goals and John Terry is the coach.
  • Options
    Having Leeds back in the Premier League will be fantastic, as already mentioned it’s far better than having Huddersfield, Fulham, Palace, Watford etc.

They’re a huge club that has potential to regain their previous status of pushing for that top 6 in a few years if they are backed well and run well.

As also mentioned, they do have good young players coming through and Jack Clarke at 18 is some talent, he’s going to go far in the game if he continues to do well and having Bielsa is massive for his development.

We have a load of injuries, but Leeds also have a whole load as well so are likely to go and get better, as we hopefully do too when all the players come back.

This definitely won’t be a popular opinion but as mentioned the other day about Aiden White, my Dad is a Leeds supporter so I follow them closely as well. I hope they win the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bielsas teams are known to tire late in the season, hardly surprising given the high press style they play. But that could be crucial to the promotion race. Will be interesting to see if Leeds fade come the run in
  • Options
    The last 10 teams to be top of the Championship at Christmas have ALL gone on to be automatically promoted.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Need chuff little clubs to get up there cos if they don’t, we are ruled out !!
  • Options
    Fleetwood are having a tough time and some of their staff have reverted to type .. Jed Evans sent off and the lovely Joey Barton red carded after an injury time altercation at Bristol Rovers .. what's that about a leopard and his spots ???

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/fleetwood-town-fc/fleetwood-town-s-joey-barton-dubs-referee-as-bad-as-i-ve-seen-after-ched-evans-and-manager-receive-red-cards-1-9507339

• Options
    edited December 2018
    How are Gillingham beating Portsmouth
  • Options

They've already done it once this season though...
  • Options

They ve scored a goal.
    Please hang on.
  • Options
    2-0 brilliant
  • Options

This league is genuine pony
  • Options
    The record-breaking 38,257th ticket was purchased from the Stadium of Light ticket office on Wednesday afternoon, by Andrew Lee, who will be welcomed onto the pitch at half-time on Boxing Day and join the club's directors after the game.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11695/11586780/sunderland-smash-league-one-attendance-record-for-boxing-day

Im sorry but WTF the bloke only brought a ticket haha and he goes on the pitch at ht and joins the directors after the game haha