Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sunderland v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• As soon as Pearce went off, we were going to be in trouble.
    Rookie mistake by DP for the equaliser but 2 other excellent saves in the game.
    Taylor looked good but ran out of steam.
    Aribo had a decent game.
    Karlan is still nothing special.
    Terrible corners from MM.

and on we go, with 4 on the bench next week I expect.
  • We aren't doing that bad we're 18th in the table out of the relegation zone thank Christ.
  • Can't really add anymore to what has already been said. Thought we played well for the first 40 mins. Second half our legs had gone, no movement from Taylor after 60 mins, needed to make some changes and either didn't or couldn't.

Thought Lapslie ran his socks off and played well, thought Aribo played well but needed to play it simple near the end and not try and take on the whole team, also he was a statue for their last goal, only Page and Solly reacted but were too late. Bit gutted but could see it coming. Shame Dil's couldn't keep either out, I don't think he should have let the first one in for sure, second he was unlucky and did well to get a hand to it.
  • Macronate said:

And on Ince, has the club had a change of philosophy?

I thought we only signed injured players.

The treatment room is already full.

• cafc4life said:

Magennis just scored for Bolton.

Goodnight

Godden has also scored on his Peterborough debut

Of course we could have signed him this time last season had the Belgian cunt not changed his mind at the last minute
  • Sage said:

Don’t feel much other than acceptance.

Before I start with Charlton, I’ve got to say the Sunderland fans were awful, in the sense if they made no noise until they scored, and when they did they were so loud, can you imagine what they could’ve been with good support behind them? Not surprised they have been on such a decline.

I thought the 3 at the back worked really well to be honest. We looked a threat in the first half and though we were the better side. But then we started to tire and you could see Taylor, Grant, Pratley, Lapslie, Pearce, Marshall all tiring on 60 minutes but we had no one to bring on. It was late in the game that we fell apart and we just lost momentum, anything going forward and dropped deeper and deeper until it was a matter of time.

The lads done all they could and you could see they had nothing left in the tank. But we desperately need players because bare bones is the only way I can put it. It’s even worse if Pearce is injured, we have no one left.

Onto the next one, this is going to be a harsh season.

What 3 at the back? We played a back 4?
  • Plain and simple you have to score a second goal when ahead 1-0 to put team's away this season.
  • Just like Scum are doing right now.
  • Same old same old. I’ll have trouble summoning any enthusiasm until there is one less Belgian involved with our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheer up - I see Oxford are losing 2-0.

Imagine how bad things would be if we still had Jimmy Tarbuck in charge.
  • Scoham said:

Sage said:

Before I start with Charlton, I’ve got to say the Sunderland fans were awful, in the sense if they made no noise until they scored, and when they did they were so loud, can you imagine what they could’ve been with good support behind them? Not surprised they have been on such a decline.

I thought the 3 at the back worked really well to be honest. We looked a threat in the first half and though we were the better side. But then we started to tire and you could see Taylor, Grant, Pratley, Lapslie, Pearce, Marshall all tiring on 60 minutes but we had no one to bring on. It was late in the game that we fell apart and we just lost momentum, anything going forward and dropped deeper and deeper until it was a matter of time.

The lads done all they could and you could see they had nothing left in the tank. But we desperately need players because bare bones is the only way I can put it. It’s even worse if Pearce is injured, we have no one left.

I assure you we played 3 at the back, and to be honest I thought it was very clear to see throughout the game.

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Pearce
    Marshal Aribo Pratley Page
    Lapslie
    Taylor Grant

Bowyer even said the same, they worked on it yesterday morning for the first time.
  • Same as last season but with fewer players.

Hope Roly falls down a long flight of stairs headfirst
  • Sage said:

Scoham said:

Sage said:

I assure you we played 3 at the back, and to be honest I thought it was very clear to see throughout the game.

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Pearce
    Lapslie
    Taylor Grant

Bowyer even said the same, they worked on it yesterday morning for the first time.
    Not how I saw it. Lapslie may have been the 1 behind the front 2 but certainly looked like 4 at the back to me.
  • Sage said:

Scoham said:

Sage said:

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Pearce
    Lapslie
    Taylor Grant

No way. It was a 4-3-1-2 with Lapslie playing behind the front two.
  • Lowest i’ve ever felt as a Charlton fan. Joke of a club. Words cannot describe how much I hate roland.
  • edited August 2018
    Just to wind me up more - Dack and Hanlan score and Millscum winning. Do one Duch.
  • We were worth at least a draw. First half we were by far the better team.

Despite the defeat I'm slightly more optimistic than I was before the game.

COYR

Bugger off Roland
  • Looked like we didn't have a clear LM so could have been 3 at the back, Solly certainly drifted into the middle a lot for a RB.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t believe the Sunderland fans didn’t make a wall of noise after falling a goal down after 10 minutes against the slick footballing machine of Charlton Athletic.
    Why the 30k of them aren’t right up for it after back to back relegations from the Prem and having a 12.30 kick off on the telly in this delight of a league is not enough of a reason to be screaming your mad passion for the lads means they are a disgrace .
    The Roker Roar is turning in its grave .
  • Have to say it looked like a back four to me as well...
  • was there .. the team collectively ran out of puff after about 75 minutes .. 1st half Sunderland were all over the place, we looked good if not especially dangerous up front
    .. second 1/2, especially after the equaliser, they gradually got the upper hand and were all over us at the finish ..
    Phillips was terribly positioned for the first goal .. I'll say it again .. we need an experienced keeper .. Lapslie did ok, did Pratley's running for him and is a good prospect .. Grant was good until he, like most of the others ran out of steam '.. Taylor is gonna be good .. Solly took a bad bang to the bonce and was never quite the same after ..

Not the best of starts to the season, however there are a lot of positives to be taken from this, we'll play worse and win ..get the team fit, get some choice on the bench .. good to see a large Addicks support in the ground
  • Sage said:

Scoham said:

Sage said:

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Pearce
    Lapslie
    Taylor Grant

Not how I saw it. Lapslie may have been the 1 behind the front 2 but certainly looked like 4 at the back to me.

Sage said:

Scoham said:

Sage said:

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Pearce
    Lapslie
    Taylor Grant

No way. It was a 4-3-1-2 with Lapslie playing behind the front two.
    Guys, it was 3. Bowyer said it himself live on Sky! :joy:
  • guess who's scored for Bolton this p.m.
  • Whilst Bowyer is doing his best under tough circumstances, he should have made a sub or two after 80 minutes. Whilst the squad is weak he could easily have brought on Maloney and Ajose.

We need 5 players though and we’re not going to get them. We will stay up but we won’t be anywhere near the play offs