Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You win the big Euro roll over lottery and buy the club but could you run it ?

You win say 50 million keep 5 then but club for 45.
Th fans return season tickets of say 15,000 with TV payments and match day sales some good sponsors would you be able to run the club each season and break even ? Or after two seasons of no promotion you would be potless ?

Comments

• Options
    no chance
  • Options
    No, but I would be better than Roland.
  • Options
    Makes you wonder how you could make it work even to just say in div 1
  • Options
    Nope... Know I couldnt do it so wouldnt want to ruin the club

If I was to buy the club then I'd remain an anonymous buyer so I could still go to the Valley and remain in my old seat
  • Options
    I have no idea about running a football club. I wouldn't know who to appoint in the key positions of senior management or on the coaching staff. I wouldn't know a thing about which companies to approach for sponsorship. I wouldn't know what to do about maximising commercial opportunities. I don't know how ticketing systems work, how much to pay for policing, how to minimise business rate exposure, I don't know enough about which players in the youth set-up should be signed to long-term contracts and which should be released.

In short, I would be a terrible owner. But I would still be much better than Roland.
  • Options
    I wouldn't touch this club with a f******* bargepole!
  • Options
    I would have to win 500 Million to even consider buying the club. An yes I'd run the whole thing myself. Which means in couple years I'd have the £50 Million you suggest.

But it would be bloody exciting , I promise !
  • Options
    I would buy the club for the 45 million, and waste the other 5 million
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll let you know in the morning.
  • Options
    I'd join a consortium.

It's all the rage doncha know.
  • Options
    iainment said:

I'd join a consortium.

It's all the rage doncha know.

One with the money?
  • Options
    If i wanted to be a millionaire I'd become a billionaire and buy Charlton
  • Options
    If we had decent owners I'd invest, but I certainly wouldn't want to run the whole show for reasons already explained by Chizz above.

Would probably be more fun and less hassle to buy Welling United and see how far 50 mil takes them.
  • Options
    I'd buy it with no DD, and hire somebody to run it for me, wonder if we could persuade "Daisy" to come back?
  • Options
    No one won it.
  • Options
    First man I’d get on board would be Peter Varney.
  • Options
    If I won that sort of money, the first thing I'd do is go shopping for a big roll of duck tape. It must be a lovely feeling to walk around in newly fixed shoes.
  • Options

Exactly what I'd do.

Appoint Varney and hand over the day to day running of the club along with a few ambitions for the club to work towards.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Exactly what I'd do.

Appoint Varney and hand over the day to day running of the club along with a few ambitions for the club to work towards.
    Yep....I’d hand him the keys and say......”Sort this place out Peter, you have a free hand and if you could get Curbs back in some suitable capacity that’s fine with me.”
  • Options
    Riviera said:

No one won it.

I blame @seth plum
  • Options
    As a huge football manager fan I'd insist on being the manager, so probably best I don't win!

As it goes I probably would create a football club and manage it, and see how far I could get! It's my dream job.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

As a huge football manager fan I'd insist on being the manager, so probably best I don't win!

As it goes I probably would create a football club and manage it, and see how far I could get! It's my dream job.

Could be a good thing. The way the takeover is going it looks like we'll be crying out for a Charlton Athletic MkII.