Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic: From Premier League perennial to rationing food and water (Independent)

2»

Comments

• Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Why are our running costs so high, would hazard a guess that the academy, Sarr and Igor are the main 3?

They’re high for a L1 club but we are not an average L1 club. In terms of the stadium alone it is going to much dearer to operate than, say, Oxford or Peterborough, never mind Rochdale or Burton. It’s a false comparison. But the main cost is football wages, which are entirely down to RD.
    Did you have some involvement in this article being published / written? Curious as to why this journalist chose to pick up on what he has.
    Only to the extent he emailed me and asked to speak because he wanted to know more about the Australians. I subsequently gave him some stats on attendances, which he's got slightly wrong. All the other stuff he already had.
  • Options
    Absolutely shocking that article. Accurate or not it got the jist of the complete omnishambles this club has become and due solely to that fucking Belgian idiot...

Won't bother telling him to hang his head in shame, he won't get it.
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Why are our running costs so high, would hazard a guess that the academy, Sarr and Igor are the main 3?

They’re high for a L1 club but we are not an average L1 club. In terms of the stadium alone it is going to much dearer to operate than, say, Oxford or Peterborough, never mind Rochdale or Burton. It’s a false comparison. But the main cost is football wages, which are entirely down to RD.
    Did you have some involvement in this article being published / written? Curious as to why this journalist chose to pick up on what he has.
    Would it matter if he had? The important thing is that the article is correct and exposes Charlton as the tin-pot club that it has become.
  • Options
    Hopefully, the rest of the media - both here and in Belgium - will pick up on the story and highlight Duchatelet's disgraceful behaviour.

I can foresee a fairly major ramping up of the protests in the very near future.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Hopefully, the rest of the media - both here and in Belgium - will pick up on the story and highlight Duchatelet's disgraceful behaviour.

I can foresee a fairly major ramping up of the protests in the very near future.

Really?
  • Options
    Well if we are stuck with Roland I can see protests in Belgium again.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Incredible to read an article about Charlton which has relied on research and has actually informed me about stuff which I did not know was happening.

When KM left in December, I was convinced we were days away from being taken over. After KR, walked I thought exactly the same, as well as the Aussies attending both play off matches.

I have a feeling this is going to get much worse, before it gets better.
  • Options
    Good article for a change - neatly sums up how crap our situation is. Very depressing.
  • Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Would it matter if he had? The important thing is that the article is correct and exposes Charlton as the tin-pot club that it has become.
    It potentially matters because someone else choosing to generate a news story is more meaningful than Charlton fans instigating a bit of publicity.

We need the oxygen of national interest.

Just my view.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How can we be losing 10 mill a year surely our outgoings aren't they high
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Incredible to read an article about Charlton which has relied on research and has actually informed me about stuff which I did not know was happening.

When KM left in December, I was convinced we were days away from being taken over. After KR, walked I thought exactly the same, as well as the Aussies attending both play off matches.

Your track record of feelings makes me think we shouldn’t worry about it getting much worse !

Let’s hope so anyway.
  • Options
    16/1 to be relegated, or 9/2 to be promoted. Which is really more likely?
    Im afraid I may well be profiting from our collective misery. If I win, I'll have a night in Roly's shithouse hotel and trash the room.
  • Options
    On a serious note. Would it be feasible/ cheaper for Douchbag to close the club and wait for a buyer, thus reducing operating cost to ground rent and loans only.
  • Options
    Excellent article shows the desperate position we are in.
  • Options

How can we be losing 10 mill a year surely our outgoings aren't they high

Once the reduced bottled water bill comes in we should just about break even.
  • Options

On a serious note. Would it be feasible/ cheaper for Douchbag to close the club and wait for a buyer, thus reducing operating cost to ground rent and loans only.

I presume in that case the club would be expelled from the EFL and would have to work its way up again, starting in the Kent League. Lots of local derbies!
  • Options

Blucher said:

Really?
    Yes, really.

I think that people are angry at what is happening to the club and I don’t see any good reason to hold off - unlike, for example, when supporters were keen to give the team the best possible chance of reaching the play-offs. Hopes of seeing the back of Duchatelet have also been raised and, thus far, been dashed. To compound matters, he is now literally running the club into the ground.

What other options do supporters have ?
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Blucher said:

Really?
    Yes, really.

I think that people are angry at what is happening to the club and I don’t see any good reason to hold off - unlike, for example, when supporters were keen to give the team the best possible chance of reaching the play-offs. Hopes of seeing the back of Duchatelet have also been raised and, thus far, been dashed. To compound matters, he is now literally running the club into the ground.

I think you've been whooshed
  • Options

Blucher said:

Blucher said:

Really?
    Yes, really.

Really ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's heartbreaking. I have no other words for it.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Blucher said:

Blucher said:

Really?
    Yes, really.

Really ?
    No you haven't
  • Options
    Just curious regarding an idea raised on another forum. Surely the 3% interest RD is charging the club hugely outweighs the niggardly savings on bottled water and not switching lights on.
  • Options

Just curious regarding an idea raised on another forum. Surely the 3% interest RD is charging the club hugely outweighs the niggardly savings on bottled water and not switching lights on.

Charlton not paying Staprix (RD) interest would not save RD any money .
    Yes it would keep the debt lower, but at Staprix/RD's expense.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Good work from the Indy.
    Have forwarded.