Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey has done his ACL

According to Red Henry in the Sunderland v Charlton thread. He's usually correct.
So I make it, we have 11 fit first teamers (not Academy) to start the season.
Relegation beckons if we don't strengthen soon.

Comments

• Options

According to Red Henry in the Sunderland v Charlton thread. He's usually correct.

Strengthen with What?
  • Options
    Strained, torn? This could put him out for the season
  • Options
    18s gone now 16s for relegation
  • Options

I cant see anything but relegation.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Strained, torn? This could put him out for the season

Don't know.
  • Options
    Just hoping it’s not torn or ruptured, and if it’s his ACL, it is only strained or maybe even not his ACL and it’s other tissues around it.

If it’s worse case, this season is a complete write off, I genuinely thought Forster-Caskey and Fosu if they stayed fit would be our shining light this season. Real shame.
  • Options
    Has it been confirmed anywhere? Seen it o twitter but pretty sure it was said last season and he was fine
  • Options
    How long is he out for?
  • Options
    If this is true we are properly cursed and it is a hex for our season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And to think there were so many people on the prediction thread saying we'd finish top half or a top six finish.

I'll be amazed if we fill the bench on Saturday as we start a season possibly with no new signings starting for one reason or another. When did this last happen?

All it takes is a bad injury or two to JFC, Pearce, Bauer or Aribo and we really are screwed.

It's looking very much like a relegation scrap if true.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

And to think there were so many people on the prediction thread saying we'd finish top half or a top six finish.

I'll be amazed if we fill the bench on Saturday as we start a season possibly with no new signings starting for one reason or another. When did this last happen?

All it takes is a bad injury or two to JFC, Pearce, Bauer or Aribo and we really are screwed.

It's looking very much like a relegation scrap if true.

You cant be certain before a ball has even been kicked.

A few players break through like Lookman, Gomez and Poyet did, still time to get loans in and who knows what will happen in January.

Maybe I am to optamistic but I cant imagine writting a season off before a ball has been kicked.

TBH if I ever did that, it would probably been the end of football for me, I will always have faith and believe in my team.

Come on you reds
    Last time I knew we were in trouble like this was watching us get beat 0-4 at Sint Truiden pre-season the year we got relegated.

The squad somehow even looks thinner than the squad that travelled to Bury two seasons ago and lost 0-2

There aren't any more Lookman's, Gomez's or Konsa's either, we keep blooding the youngsters hoping to get lucky because there is nobody else left.

The only thing that keeps me going right now is knowing Bowyer and JJ are doing everything they can within there power to get the best out of the squad.

Until Roland goes it will keep getting worse before it gets better.
  • Options
    If running a football club into the ground was the recipe for success it wouldn't be just Duchatelet and a handful of other idiots doing it. Season written off - I'm pretty certain of it. If Bowyer keeps us up he is a hero.
  • Options
    This is a nightmare people. Just make yourselves dream of nice things and it will all be ok when we wake up.

I want a hug.
  • Options
    My brother tried to call him yesterday but he hasn’t responded which is really unusual. I suspect we won’t hear anything until after Sunderland as we won’t want to give too much away prior to the game.
  • Options
    We really are absolutely fucked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw the rumour in the preview thread last night before going to bed and lost half an hour's sleep afterwards. I was very excited when the fixures came out with our first game selected for TV but the past month has been anticlimax to say the least. :(
  • Options
    Gutted about this. One of my favourite players of last season and was developing nicely. We are well and truly fucked.
  • Options

How long is he out for?

If it's ACL we won't see him this season.
  • Options
    Let's wait and see.
  • Options
    We’re cursed
  • Options

It's not on the OS yet?

Grabbing at straws.

If Redhenry has reported it, then it's more than likely true
  • Options
    Please don't be true