Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer Has Never Apologised For Racism Says Supporters Trust Chairman

Comments

• Options
    Forget that Bowyer will get a warm welcome due to his Newcastle links on Saturday
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    What dickhead came up with that link? never mind, just seen the story... it's the name of a piece they do.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

What dickhead came up with that link?

Found it on one of the groups on Facebook
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Wasn't digging you out if it seemed that way it was the link title:

charlton-athletic-who-are-you-sunderland-really-ought-to-win-this-division/

• Options
    blimey they must think we're a proper miserable lot.....hold on..
  • Options
    The statement by CAST chairman Richard Wiseman,which the thread headline refers to.

Is Lee Bowyer the right man for the job on a permanent basis?

Bowyer is a controversial figure and as far as I know, he has never apologised for the racism of his younger days. Personally, I’d much prefer a figure like Chris Powell. What Bowyer did manage in the last 10 games of last season was to get some steel and resilience into the team. He was a relief after Karl Robinson who was full of enthusiasm and superlatives but who never knew how to end a sentence and was wedded to a 4-5-1 set up. I can’t believe we can kick off the season with a caretaker manager so I assume that, in the absence of a sale of the club, he will be permanently appointed by August 4.

• Options
    Very good interview from @Pico in my opinion
  • Options
    Was that accusation ever proven?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

I don't like seeing "The Trust" in the headlines as it makes me thing of the CACT (who do loads of really good stuff) as opposed to CAST who...erm....moan etc

Good point, title now amended
  • Options
    Good interview on the whole, but very odd remark re Bowyer
  • Options
    Good to see Wiseman and, through him, the Supporters' Trust giving a vote of confidence to Lee Bowyer - Not!
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Dazzler21 said:

I did notice it angered many of the anti-CARD/CAST lot on there.
  • Options
    Great timing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One thinks that Mr Wiseman is promoting his own agenda.
  • Options
    I hope for your sake Mr Wiseman you are clean as snow and have done nothing wrong in your earlier years that could embarrass you know and someone finds out and puts it on here for everyone to see :wink:
  • Options

not at all impressed as a Trust member with that quote. Totally unnecessary in the context of that interview. Wasnt even solicited by the interviewer. Surely if Mr Wiseman considers it to be an issue he should raise it personally with Lee Bowyer.

Me either Large. I've always backed the Trust but this was totally uncalled for in my opinion.
  • Options
    Man’s an idiot.