Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bow in the sub Standard

Big article, nothing new really but I do think Bowyer is deluded if he thinks we can make top two even if everyone stays fit.

Comments

• Options
    Why do you call it the sub standard?
  • Options
    The squad thread is very depressing reading. If things go badly with both those currently injured and not fit and we are unlucky with a couple more injuries, we could really be in the shite.
  • Options
    I don't call it "sub standard" that's far to nice a title
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lee is positive gotta to give him credit for that ...
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Big article, nothing new really but I do think Bowyer is deluded if he thinks we can make top two even if everyone stays fit.

He’s not deluded LA.....he’s merely walking the walk and talking the talk.....what else would you expect him to do given the situation he finds himself in?
    Exactly, Bowyer saying the squad is shit and relegation is a serious concern IN PRE-SEASON is foolish and counter-productive, regardless of how true it may be.
    Then just say nothing. Don't have to give interviews. Makes you look a right numpty if you start saying we are good enough for the top 2 when we finished 6th last year with about a dozen extra players. Wr'll be lucky to keep put of the bottom 4 the way things are going.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

He’s not deluded LA.....he’s merely walking the walk and talking the talk.....what else would you expect him to do given the situation he finds himself in?
    Exactly, Bowyer saying the squad is shit and relegation is a serious concern IN PRE-SEASON is foolish and counter-productive, regardless of how true it may be.
    Then just say nothing. Don't have to give interviews. Makes you look a right numpty if you start saying we are good enough for the top 2 when we finished 6th last year with about a dozen extra players. Wr'll be lucky to keep put of the bottom 4 the way things are going.
    Just as well you aren’t our manager golfie.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

PopIcon said:

Michael Herd? Their horrendous editorial content? Their pathetic reporting? Their horribly biased coverage of London sport? Away from sport, their continual pandering to the Hampstead set (ever taken a browse though their property supplement?)

It's a filthy fucking rag, I wouldn't wipe my arse on it
    don't forget the toad that is George Osborne as Editor.
  • Options

PopIcon said:

Michael Herd? Their horrendous editorial content? Their pathetic reporting? Their horribly biased coverage of London sport? Away from sport, their continual pandering to the Hampstead set (ever taken a browse though their property supplement?)

If folded properly, it fits nicely in a cats litter tray. If I could find the “Let them Die” edition, I’d lock my two cats in so they could soil it continuously. OK, after a few days it would be a bit smelly, but it would all be in a good cause.
  • Options

It’s slightly deluded given that we aren’t even starting the season with everyone fit!
  • Options

PopIcon said:

Yeah, but other than what both of you have said, what do you really think?

I mean, it is free. I know that they haven’t a clue what they are talking about, but it does pass the time while you are waiting to leave the station, and they do have sudoku and a crossword, and it does keep the homeless warm in winter.

Nah, it is shit.
  • Options
    All squads suffer injuries, but we do seem to be unluckier than most. Are there any stats out there to back this up?
    I guess when the window closes we can compare squad sizes with our fellow League One clubs. It does seem mega thin.
  • Options
    Even if the take over finally goes through as I hit ‘post comment’ on this post, there is absolutely no way we will be anywhere near promotion. I highly doubt we’ll even be top half.

Bowyer would be better served managing expectations imo. He’s setting himself and the team up for a fall with both fans and owner by setting such unrealistic targets. He said some fairly silly things at the tail end of last season which came back to bite him with accusations of a lack of respect shown to Shrewsbury.

Not to mention the risk of building complacency into the team when we find ourselves scrapping in the bottom half of the table.

I admire his optimism and desire to win, but under the cold light of reality, the squad is in a right state. I hope he’s just trying to gloss over that because if he genuinely can’t see it, then he isn’t going to make much of a manager.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

All squads suffer injuries, but we do seem to be unluckier than most. Are there any stats out there to back this up?
    I guess when the window closes we can compare squad sizes with our fellow League One clubs. It does seem mega thin.

Wonder how many clubs have 3G training pitches? A good many of our injuries don't happen in games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    10th at best ... no crowds ... fucking depressing.
  • Options

PopIcon said:

It's a shit paper, but can you blame a paper that's only distributed in London for being biased towards London sport? May as well slag off the Newshopper in that case
  • Options
    Croydon said:

PopIcon said:

It's a shit paper, but can you blame a paper that's only distributed in London for being biased towards London sport? May as well slag off the Newshopper in that case
    It's not biased towards London sport - you're more likely to get coverage of Man U, City or Liverpool than you are of us, Brentford, QPR, etc. They only care about 4 teams in London.

• Options
    Well I get the Standard.
    To wrap my fruit & veg peelings in