Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POLL: Where will we finish this season?

Comments

• Play off winners

As it stands we'll be bottom half fighting relegation.
    If we get some recruits who knows.

But do we avoid relegation?
    It depends if we have any fit players left when the transfer window closes.
  • 13th - 20th
    I'll just assume the 5% that think we finish top 2 were joking around.
  • 13th - 20th

I’d take getting relegation this season if it means the takeover will finally go through. That’s how low we’ve sunk

Trouble is a lot of people believed the same would happen with relegation to League One and here we are 3rd consecutive season looking like a 3rd tier mainstay now.
  • Champions
    Always had the faith
  • Play off winners
    I'm 99% sure we'll be top half & backed us to be so big time.
    I've also backed us for top 6 and I'm 75% confident of that.
    I even think we've a chance of the automatics if Sunderland and Barnsley aren't as strong as I thought.
    I'll go 4th.
  • 7th - 12th
    It feels odd saying, 'When the takeover goes through', because it's acquired a kind of mythical status now, but if it goes through before Christmas I think we're in with a great shout.
  • 13th - 20th
    Hoping top six, maybe higher if we have everybody fit and Taylor keeps scoring.
  • Play off winners
    Early days but liking my prediction of playoff winners :smiley:
  • 7th - 12th
    Still think a couple of key injuries will hamper us, and we'll remain frustratingly close to the playoffs but ultimately miss out
  • 13th - 20th
    Agreed usually each season the squad depth is tested to it's core come winter, remember Southend away last season on Boxing Day where we didn't fill a full bench?

Injuries will continue while suspensions will kick in as well along with the sale of anyone out of contract next summer will probably see us tail off into the bottom half. Usual stuff under RD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Agreed usually each season the squad depth is tested to it's core come winter, remember Southend away last season on Boxing Day where we didn't fill a full bench?

Injuries will continue while suspensions will kick in as well along with the sale of anyone out of contract next summer will probably see us tail off into the bottom half. Usual stuff under RD.

I mean you’re probably not wrong but god you must be miserable.
  • Play off winners

Agreed usually each season the squad depth is tested to it's core come winter, remember Southend away last season on Boxing Day where we didn't fill a full bench?

He's wrong :smile:
  • Champions

God you must be fun at parties
  • 13th - 20th

Not at all miserable, absolutely delighted we've won today, I just stand by my pre-season prediction based on previous squads lacking depth sorry if it goes against the grain following a good win today.
  • Play off winners
    I voted play off winners .. now I'm in the autopro camp ((:>)
  • 7th - 12th
    I'm still comfortable with my prediction
  • Runners up
    Sticking to my guns
  • Winning it @ 33/1 (now down to 22’s on Sky bet), Promotion @16/1 now an astonishing 11/2,
    Top Southern Team was @ 9/1 now 5/1.

Plus a bunch of dual forecasts, Charlton Sunderland being worth a bloody fortune!

The bookies are sure shortening the odds on us. I’ve got a belief going on I’ve hammered both 33s and 22s, with cover bets on Top southern and Playoff winners.

Keep the faith the Reds are going up!
  • 13th - 20th
    The squad has definitely been improved at the eleventh hour. I think a lot of us would revise our predictions upwards.
  • 7th - 12th
    The squad with the returning players looks good enough for a top six finish. In fact if this group doesn’t achieve a top six finish it will be a complete failure.
    I’m now predicting 4th, 5th or 6th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Relegation
    Although I was moaning yesterday this league need to fear us.
    Our weakest midfield line up would give any other teams midfield a run for its money, we will be in a position where we will be able to rest midfielders and they won't have to play every game.
  • Runners up
    Well said clb74 i remain convinced we have nigh on the strongest squad in this divisionLook who did not start on saturday,Sarr,Lapslie,Fosu,Igor,Phillips,Clarke,Belieck,when all fit and suspension free,that is a shit hot bench,most of those would walk into many other teams in this league.Throw in Pratley,Ajose, Marshall,Difkstell,Morgan ,I just do not understand where we are supposed to be lacking in depth.The takeover situation has sod all to do with what happens on the pitch so all this negativity surrounding RD continual involvement is crap.Bowyer and the rest of the coaching staff will keep internal problems away from the players.We will finish minimum top 6,and with a bit of luck top2.
  • Relegation

Well said clb74 i remain convinced we have nigh on the strongest squad in this divisionLook who did not start on saturday,Sarr,Lapslie,Fosu,Igor,Phillips,Clarke,Belieck,when all fit and suspension free,that is a shit hot bench,most of those would walk into many other teams in this league.Throw in Pratley,Ajose, Marshall,Difkstell,Morgan ,I just do not understand where we are supposed to be lacking in depth.The takeover situation has sod all to do with what happens on the pitch so all this negativity surrounding RD continual involvement is crap.Bowyer and the rest of the coaching staff will keep internal problems away from the players.We will finish minimum top 6,and with a bit of luck top2.

Of the 10 midfielders we have I'd happily start any 4 of them against any team.
  • Runners up
    At last we have the depth of squad we need to push for the top.

Taylor staying fit and not picking up yellows will be important.
  • 13th - 20th
    Just seen Bauer out for at least two months, maybe longer. What was it someone said about avoiding injuries?
  • 13th - 20th

If the news about Bauer wasn't so bad, this would be one of those NLA mic drop moments. Re-evaluation time for the LOL's? :smile:
  • edited September 2018
    13th - 20th

Won't be in any danger of being relegated while Bauer, Pearce, Solly, JFC, Aribo and Taylor are the core of our side. League One always throws up one or two absolutely god awful sides that you'd have to be proper pants to finish below.

At the same time, we don't have enough strength in the squad to challenge for the play offs.

I have us in the 10th to 15th range but since that's not an option, 13th to 20th will do.

This was my opinion from a couple of months back before we got a run of games under our belts. I’m gonna upgrade us to top half. Hopefully I don’t end up looking silly after Roland sells Fosu and Taylor in January for a combined 500k.
  • 13th - 20th
    But we do have Sarr and Bielik should be back soon so there is some cover.
  • Play off winners

If the news about Bauer wasn't so bad, this would be one of those NLA mic drop moments. Re-evaluation time for the LOL's? :smile:
    Nope, I think the chance of us ending in the bottom half of the table is about 1%.
  • edited September 2018
    Play offs
    Sorry I just wanted to see if my prediction came up at the top of my post automatically?
    Wow! How brilliant is that!
    Easily Impressed of Maidstone.
    Wait a minute it’s gone again!
    It’s like I joined the Stonecutters and they chucked me out again!!!
    Easily Disappointed of Maidstone.