Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Confirmed- Josh Magennis joins Bolton

Comments

• 2 in 2?
    Move on
  • Shows what he can do with decent attacking support.

Nothing to do with him as a playet why he was poor for us, just shit creative play
  • Lyle Taylor 2 in 2
  • Imagine we had Taylor and Maginnis...
  • Magennis even...

Dont need him... we have Taylor and Grant ;)
  • Sponsored links:

Yep and at the moment they will have to play every game.
    Nice one Josh keep it up.
  • clb74 said:

Imagine we had Taylor and Maginnis...

Yep and at the moment they will have to play every game.
    Nice one Josh keep it up.
    You missed the winking emoji in my post then?
  • It's wierd how fans cannot remember that Magennis always had purple patches with us where he would score a few goals in a few games, before going 10+ without scoring.

Nothing against Magennis who was a top lad, and I am happy to proven wrong after half a season. But just with Lyle Taylor let's not get carried away after two games.

I think the point is more that he's doing it for a team in the level above us already.

We all know he's capable of going through purple patches but even if he hits a dry spell in the Championship, he has already put egg on the faces of those who said he wasnt good enough for League One.
    What? After two games?

You can only judge a player after a full season, remember how excited we all were after Tony Watt's first 15 games?
  • Magennis is shit, move on...

Except he's not. Our squad would be stronger if he had stayed, instead Roland sold him on the cheap
  • It's wierd how fans cannot remember that Magennis always had purple patches with us where he would score a few goals in a few games, before going 10+ without scoring.

Nothing against Magennis who was a top lad, and I am happy to proven wrong after half a season. But just with Lyle Taylor let's not get carried away after two games.

I think the point is more that he's doing it for a team in the level above us already.

We all know he's capable of going through purple patches but even if he hits a dry spell in the Championship, he has already put egg on the faces of those who said he wasnt good enough for League One.
    What? After two games?

You can only judge a player after a full season, remember how excited we all were after Tony Watt's first 15 games?
    Josh has more application in his little finger than Tony did with us. That's why the latter faded while I expect the former to continue to go from strength to strength.

They sound like estate agents.
  • FFS Magennis is not shit. I’ve never understood why some fans have given him so much stick. He always gave 100% and some times it didn’t come off for him. So what? He’s a good player and if we had utilised him correctly and played to his strengths along side some other decent players he would have scored 15+ goals a season. I have no doubt that with the service he’s getting and with the quality around him, he’ll get around 10 this season maybe even more

It's just he did have good players around him and we did put crosses into the box, last season. Our best displays last year came without him.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

Blucher said:

Parky’s post-match comments:

“Josh Magennis had a terrific game, ran his socks off and our supporters have taken to him already. He gave everything for the shirt. The goal was a bonus and he can build on that."

Not enough for Charlton in league 1 though according to some.
    He would have a couple of decent games and then look retry pedestrian for ten. We’re much better with Taylor up front, I think. It helps if your guys up top have an instinct for scoring goals.

What? After two games?

That's true but Northern Ireland have for a couple of seasons judged him worthy of a first choice start, ahead of other strikers who were playing at least a division higher. Just not as a lone 1, and not with Karl Robinson as his manager.

That''s why some of us came to the conclusion that other factors might just be at work than "he's shit". And I guess that's what Parky concluded too.

We'll be fine as long as they both stay fit until October. However we're going to be absolutely fucked if Taylor gets injured before Igor returns.

I hope Bowyer is leaving them both at home for the MK Dons cup game in midweek. Cannot afford to risk them.

What? After two games?

That's true but Northern Ireland have for a couple of seasons judged him worthy of a first choice start, ahead of other strikers who were playing at least a division higher. Just not as a lone 1, and not with Karl Robinson as his manager.

That''s why some of us came to the conclusion that other factors might just be at work than "he's shit". And I guess that's what Parky concluded too.

I like Josh but am not really sure he is Championship standard - certainly not based on his goals output with us.

He may well prove me wrong, I hope he does, but for me he is a hard working player that lacks that extra bit of pace and guile that you need to play at the higher level.

We shall see.

What? After two games?

As far as I can see he did his best for us and I don't understand all the criticism. He's a reasonable player and I wish him well.

Except he's not. Our squad would be stronger if he had stayed, instead Roland sold him on the cheap
    Just like the sale of konsa on the cheap
    Quick sale for a quick buck to line rowlands pocket

I thought we got £3M for Konsa ?
    If we did I'd say that was definitely not on the cheap.
  • Of the £3m we got for Konsa we have received precisely fuck all

Roland however did well from it.

What, Kelly?

Doubt they’d make a natural strike pairing, a bit too similar. Would certainly be nice to have them both as options though.

I think Taylor will score more than Josh did for us, but that’ll be partly down to the way Bowyer wants us to play.