Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2018/19

Comments

• The trouble is the data base still has incorrect information on it.
  • You don't have to be a total wanker to work at Charlton but it certainly helps.
  • edited August 2018
    I am honoured all my details and seat number are correct

• I am honoured all my details and seat number are correct

Is it for this season though?
  • You don't have to be a total wanker to work at Charlton but it certainly helps.

Despite the fact that my season ticket is - I know not where - I think the 'ordinary workers' at Charlton do pretty well given the incompetence of the absolute tossers masquerading as their supervisors and pretending that they are running the Club.

THERE IS NO ZONE 3!
  • se9addick said:

THERE IS NO ZONE 3!
    Yes there is...
  • Every single season Charlton mess up the despatch of season tickets, even sending them to people who haven’t bought one!

You’d think with less people through the door, it would make things easier for them, but, no - they still manage to make a mess of it
  • Sponsored links:

• My ST has the right name and number, and is for the right seat. I feel privileged...

But is it for this season?
    It's for 2020/21, I'm looking forward to watching Premier League football under Karel Fraeye
  • My ST has the right name and number, and is for the right seat. I feel privileged...

But is it for this season?
    It's for 2020/21, I'm looking forward to watching Premier League football under Karel Fraeye
    Does it include the European games?
  • cafcfan said:

T_C_E said:
    A good find. Thanks. But are CAFC's contract terms (T&Cs) "unfair"? I doubt it really. The concept that you "hadn't received the quality of the goods and services that you'd ordered" is unlikely to apply IMO. Apart from anything else, the Club could just turn round and say the matter is out of our hands. For example, "It's not our fault that we've had all these injuries to key players". Where this might apply. I'd have thought, is stuff like the arbitrary closure of stands and moving season ticket holders to a less desirable/cheaper part of the ground.

So, these t&cs are likely to fall foul to the regs, I'd have thought because they are unfair.

13. If a specified seat is unavailable for use due to a club decision or an intervention by the
    licensing authority or governing body, the club will make every reasonable effort to relocate
    the supporter.
    14. The club accepts no liability whatsoever if the seat to which this season ticket refers is
    affected by adverse weather conditions or if the view therefrom is affected by pillars or other
    structural apparatus, and the acceptance of this season ticket implies full recognition of this
    condition by the holder.

And this is just a joke (as you'd expect from a joke club). That's because the club are relying on a piece of legislation that's been removed from the statute books. (If only they had a lawyer to check this sort of stuff.)

21. Purchases made on or after April 12th 2018 shall have no right to cancel their season
    ticket after that date. The club relies upon the exception under Reg. 6 (2) (b) of the
    Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, under which there is no cooling
    off period following an applicant’s acceptance.

A farce. As you'd expect. CAST should be querying this crap with the club.
    Good luck with that, CAFC, as they haven't been in effect since 2014.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations

In fact, event tickets were always exempt (and remain so under the successor legislation) as was pointed out when we used this line originally. It was inserted to prevent people buying at an offer price speculatively, i.e. pay the Championship price and get Premier League football if we go up, and then cancelling when we didn't.

Historically, season tickets were always refundable before the first match of the season and this was included in the Ts & Cs. The scenarios where refunds were sought were usually personal and the club invariably refunded in my experience.
    Relevant to me. Thanks

• se9addick said:

THERE IS NO ZONE 3!
    Yes there is...
    Ah right, fair enough
  • edited August 2018
    What I found strange on this thread is a number of the more viciferous anti Roland posters have bought a season ticket. Absolutely amazing - giving him money and vilifying him at the same time!!
  • PeterGage said:

What I found strange on this thread is a number of the more viciferous anti Roland posters have bought a season ticket. Absolutely amazing - giving him money and vilifying him at the same time!!

Its been the same for a number of seasons now Peter.

Did you drop in in the road when they were marking yellow lines out?
  • PeterGage said:

Not strange at all.

Supporters are spending their hard earned to actually support the team. They may hate RD, but I applaud the fact that they still turn up.

• LenGlover said:

You don't have to be a total wanker to work at Charlton but it certainly helps.

Despite the fact that my season ticket is - I know not where - I think the 'ordinary workers' at Charlton do pretty well given the incompetence of the absolute tossers masquerading as their supervisors and pretending that they are running the Club.
    I think its fair to say that "Leanne in Reception" and her team do a bloody great job in difficult circumstances and its important to remember they are not the enemy. Its easy to sit back and say they should quit, they have families/mortgages etc to pay and people should respect that. The gents in comms must get fed up with the crap they get from all quarters, but unfortunately they are the first to see any responses to any decisions made by the faceless regime and I for one will buy them a pint and apologise once this sorry mess is sorted out.
  • Sponsored links:

• PeterGage said:

You could also argue that it's strange to stop going to watch your team because they've got a bad owner. As far as I'm aware all clubs charge for tickets?

• Essex_Al said:

PeterGage said:

Not strange at all.

Supporters are spending their hard earned to actually support the team. They may hate RD, but I applaud the fact that they still turn up.

As each season passes more people fail to re-new, I am in my third season. At least another 6 season ticket holders I know did not re-new this season, after having one last year. It's each individual's choice wether to support Roland's Regime with their cash.

With the greatest respect to LB,s efforts , it's a week squad, playing in a rapidly emptying stadium , that will achieve mid table by the fact there are some truly poor sides in this leauge. Not for me I'm afraid. Went about 7 home games last year I think we lost 5 of them !

Call me fair weather, I will return when the good times come. An that will be when he has gone.

• PeterGage said:

You could also argue that it's strange to stop going to watch your team because they've got a bad owner. As far as I'm aware all clubs charge for tickets?

I stop going because I believe that giving him money does not speed up the selling process. Simple really.
  • edited August 2018
    PeterGage said:

PeterGage said:

I stop going because I believe that giving him money does not speed up the selling process. Simple really.
    I decided that the amount he recieves in sponsorship and league and cup finishes losing my £340 wasnt gonna make one ounce of difference to him so why bother stopping myself supporting the team I support
  • Essex_Al said:

PeterGage said:

Not strange at all.

As each season passes more people fail to re-new, I am in my third season. At least another 6 season ticket holders I know did not re-new this season, after having one last year. It's each individual's choice wether to support Roland's Regime with their cash.

With the greatest respect to LB,s efforts , it's a week squad, playing in a rapidly emptying stadium , that will achieve mid table by the fact there are some truly poor sides in this leauge. Not for me I'm afraid. Went about 7 home games last year I think we lost 5 of them !

Call me fair weather, I will return when the good times come. An that will be when he has gone.

Bit of a loaded comment, that one.
  • To se9addick,I do not consider myself a sucker as I decide most carefully how I spend my hard earned money.I will continue to support the team I love as I have done for the last 65 years,rather than sit in doors and whine about RD.He is here,you wont make him go,i hope you enjoy your saturday as much as I will regardless of how we play.
  • PeterGage said:

PeterGage said:

I decided that the amount he recieves in sponsorship and league and cup finishes losing my £340 wasnt gonna make one ounce of difference to him so why bother stopping myself supporting the team I support
    But if the 5000 other season tickets holders didn’t it it would = circa £2m and mass embarrassment of the old ball bag.
  • For the first time ever as a season ticket holder I really wish I hadn't renewed this time. I did it in ignorant bliss, fully expecting the takeover to go through and hope to fill my soul for the new season. I now genuinely don't give a toss if it arrives before Saturday as if not I just wont bother going. (but will consider it a breach of contract and ask for a full refund!).

Haven't spoken to a single Charlton fan who is enthusiastic about the upcoming season.
    Have a word with SeriouslyRidiculous.