Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2018/19

Comments

• Redhenry said:

Renewed Henry JR and mine last week, starting to wish i hadn't effing bothered.

Can only wonder why on earth you did.
    Because he supports Charlton and wants the bond shared with his son?
    Fair point.

I used to go to Charlton with my son. We're both staying away at the moment (apart from the odd game) because we both believe this is the best way to ensure we have a Charlton in future that we can hopefully take the next generation of our family to.

The trouble is when Charlton are your "religion", it's almost impossible not to attend/support them.

I've missed about 6 home games since 1972, and that includes all home games, including the Checkatrade type nonsense. I also go to at least 50% of the aways and have done since 1980.

I don't go because "I fancy going today".
    I go because it's what I do, through thick and thin and thinner.
    It's a part of me that I can't give up and I want my ashes scattered at The Valley some day.

There isn't a definable logic as to why I can't miss a home game.
    There is no definable logic as to why I drag my arse out of bed at 6am on a Saturday morning, in the middle of winter when it's dark and freezing cold, to go to Hartlepool and the like.

I could no more not support and attend Charlton indefinitely, than I could, if someone recommended that it was for the best if I didn't see my family again indefinitely.

One game I could consider, but not for a year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years .............. Forever ?

I've been to all the protests. I've protested in Belgium.
    I've argued with Meire, Keohane and Parkes.
    I told Mel Baroni, how it really is a few days before she resigned.

As most people have said, we all have to do what we have to do.
    My greatest bond with my grown up boys/men is through Charlton and it always will be.
    I'm not going to let that absolute **** from Belgium ruin my family as well as my club.

All the best to all Charlton fans.
    As someone said, we need to stick together.
    Good post mate. I can feel your passion in your writing.

Listen, my support pales into insignificance alongside yours but even so its not bad - since I saw my first game in 1968 I've seen the team live 1,060 times. (Proper Charlton eh - I've even got a list of the games I've seen!) On average, I've seen over 20 games a year for the past 50 years. And given there were a few years in the mid-90s when my kids were young, money was tight and other things had to take priority and the last couple of years when I have hardly gone, the actual number of games I've seen over a large number of seasons is much higher.

So I share your passion and staying away has not been easy for me.

Clearly, everyone has to make their own choice about whether they still
    go to games whilst the club is owned by this ****. There's no right answer. All I can say is if my staying away hastens Douchbag's departure, it's a sacrifice I think worthwhile.

I agree - all the best to all Charlton fans and we need to stick together.
  • Redhenry said:

Renewed Henry JR and mine last week, starting to wish i hadn't effing bothered.

Can only wonder why on earth you did.
    Because he supports Charlton and wants the bond shared with his son?
    Fair point.

I used to go to Charlton with my son. We're both staying away at the moment (apart from the odd game) because we both believe this is the best way to ensure we have a Charlton in future that we can hopefully take the next generation of our family to.

The trouble is when Charlton are your "religion", it's almost impossible not to attend/support them.

I've missed about 6 home games since 1972, and that includes all home games, including the Checkatrade type nonsense. I also go to at least 50% of the aways and have done since 1980.

I don't go because "I fancy going today".
    I go because it's what I do, through thick and thin and thinner.
    It's a part of me that I can't give up and I want my ashes scattered at The Valley some day.

There isn't a definable logic as to why I can't miss a home game.
    There is no definable logic as to why I drag my arse out of bed at 6am on a Saturday morning, in the middle of winter when it's dark and freezing cold, to go to Hartlepool and the like.

I could no more not support and attend Charlton indefinitely, than I could, if someone recommended that it was for the best if I didn't see my family again indefinitely.

One game I could consider, but not for a year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years .............. Forever ?

I've been to all the protests. I've protested in Belgium.
    I've argued with Meire, Keohane and Parkes.
    I told Mel Baroni, how it really is a few days before she resigned.

As most people have said, we all have to do what we have to do.
    My greatest bond with my grown up boys/men is through Charlton and it always will be.
    I'm not going to let that absolute **** from Belgium ruin my family as well as my club.

All the best to all Charlton fans.
    As someone said, we need to stick together.
    Good post mate. I can feel your passion in your writing.

Listen, my support pales into insignificance alongside yours but even so its not bad - since I saw my first game in 1968 I've seen the team live 1,060 times. (Proper Charlton eh - I've even got a list of the games I've seen!) On average, I've seen over 20 games a year for the past 50 years. And given there were a few years in the mid-90s when my kids were young, money was tight and other things had to take priority and the last couple of years when I have hardly gone, the actual number of games I've seen over a large number of seasons is much higher.

So I share your passion and staying away has not been easy for me.

Clearly, everyone has to make their own choice about whether they still
    go to games whilst the club is owned by this ****. There's no right answer. All I can say is if my staying away hastens Douchbag's departure, it's a sacrifice I think worthwhile.

I agree - all the best to all Charlton fans and we need to stick together.
    Crap owners come and go - we've had them in the past and will have them in the future.

RD continues to lose money but can afford obviously to live with this. The season ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean to him.

What are his plans? Who knows?
  • Just been told our postman has been and gone.

Diana Ross where are you?
  • Mine has arrived
  • se9addick said:

Hallejuhah,10.15,just been delivered,did not expect any free gifts like last year,but welcoming letter so small,requires magnifying glass to read,roll on saturday.

“Dear sucker,

Thanks for the dosh.

Lots of love,

Roland”

:wink:

Hopefully my season tickets will be there when I get home from work tonight
    I got a similar letter from SKY Sports.....
  • Still haven't received mine I was passing the ground today so popped in and was told it was posted last week, which I found a bit unbelievable. I mean the season started on Saturday what the fuck are they doing? Christ us few remainers should be getting our season tickets in gold and diamond encrusted boxes! Fucking unreal the ineptitude of the organisation at Charlton I have a strong feeling I will be back at the box office on Saturday trying to get a ticket to get in, frankly this is yet another nail in the coffin for me.
  • Anybody still missing one let me know. My mate's well in with the AFC Bournemouth Supporters Club and should be able to get them all redirected back up to you.
  • Phoned today to be told season hasn't started yet so why worry, absolute wankers.

Really ?
  • For the first time ever as a season ticket holder I really wish I hadn't renewed this time. I did it in ignorant bliss, fully expecting the takeover to go through and hope to fill my soul for the new season. I now genuinely don't give a toss if it arrives before Saturday as if not I just wont bother going. (but will consider it a breach of contract and ask for a full refund!).
  • Sponsored links:

• Our S/T's have just arrived.
  • I suspect the reason the ST are going out so late is there aren't enough people still employed in the ticket office to send them out.

So that's what Meire did!
  • Our S/T's have just arrived.

Unlucky.
  • Do we get a rebate if we fail to name a full team?
  • For the first time ever as a season ticket holder I really wish I hadn't renewed this time. I did it in ignorant bliss, fully expecting the takeover to go through and hope to fill my soul for the new season. I now genuinely don't give a toss if it arrives before Saturday as if not I just wont bother going. (but will consider it a breach of contract and ask for a full refund!).

Haven't spoken to a single Charlton fan who is enthusiastic about the upcoming season.
  • got mine unfortunatetly. Decided to renewafter 3yrs out thinking we would be sold. Hate Murray and his lies Feel cheated and conned.
  • yep, ours have arrived

FFS !

Why can't you guys hold on to your wad !

Talk about premature capitulation !
    Maybe something about Muir sitting in the directors box, and posing for photos while wearing the Charlton scarf convinced people that the deal was imminent and he was our saviour...
    Think it also has a lot to do with when people have money.

I know in my case I had just recieved my final pay from my last job and I wanted to buy it whilst I could afford it
  • Sponsored links:

FFS !

Why can't you guys hold on to your wad !

Talk about premature capitulation !
    Maybe something about Muir sitting in the directors box, and posing for photos while wearing the Charlton scarf convinced people that the deal was imminent and he was our saviour...
    Spot on - that's the reason I bought season tickets for the first time in 3 years.

I wish I hadn't but hey ho!
  • Rudders22 said:

got mine unfortunatetly. Decided to renewafter 3yrs out thinking we would be sold. Hate Murray and his lies Feel cheated and conned.

I believe you have 14 days from day of receipt to return them for a full refund.
  • Paul Chuckle delivered ours. “To you” as he handed them over. “To me?” I asked....
  • edited August 2018

For the first time ever as a season ticket holder I really wish I hadn't renewed this time. I did it in ignorant bliss, fully expecting the takeover to go through and hope to fill my soul for the new season. I now genuinely don't give a toss if it arrives before Saturday as if not I just wont bother going. (but will consider it a breach of contract and ask for a full refund!).

God, same here, feel like I've sentenced myself to 23 bloody games that I could really do without. When I ordered it all we needed was 2/3 players added to the playoff squad and to replace those that we couldn't keep a hold of (e.g. Kashi & Da Silva)... but come the first week of the season we can't fill a bench and even have a couple of those running down their contracts.

Whilst I didn't necessarily expect it to be great even if a takeover did happen - it's safe to say that state we're in when the ticket is due to arrive has gone beyond the perennial disappointment that I now come to expect with this club.
  • Somehow my two seven year old twins ones arrived today but not mine. Standard Charlton that.
  • Got my season ticket but it's in my daughter's name - time for that long awaited sex change!
  • My ST has the right name and number, and is for the right seat. I feel privileged...