Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2018/19

Comments

• Options

Obviously an issue if it’s not received before Saturday, but what exactly do people need it for before then?

Going away tomorrow return Saturday was going straight from airport. Any body with a brain wouldn't leave it to the last minute, particularly after the fiasco we had a few seasons back.

That OK.
  • Options
    Don't worry if you have to get a replacement ticket on Saturday, there will only be 10 of you having to queue up
  • Options
    I've named my season ticket Diana Ross.

I'm Still Waiting
  • Options

Obviously an issue if it’s not received before Saturday, but what exactly do people need it for before then?

Peace of mind!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    LenGlover said:

I've named my season ticket Diana Ross.

I'm Still Waiting

I don;t care if you do call it Diana, why tell me :smiley:
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    OUT of interest, has anyone received their ST or is then whole lot missing in action?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I’m not going Saturday as I’ve got a family wedding to attend under duress. But I’m going to ring them tomorrow and ask about a refund. I’m interested to hear what they say. I won’t be rude to the staff but I have a genuine issue over renewing in may with certain expectations and where we find ourselves now. I paid by credit card so I’ll be giving my credit card company a ring to to see what’s what.

Roland. Just fuck off please.

Edit. I’ve not received my ST yet.
  • Options
    To everyone who's waiting for their season ticket to arrive - good!

Bet they took your money quick enough though.

When will people ever learn ......

(*smiley winky face)
  • Options

OUT of interest, has anyone received their ST or is then whole lot missing in action?

It costs money to post them out and the club is trying to cut as many costs as possible .......

I blame the Royal Mail
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I’m asking as the club took to social media on Mon 30th July to say they were being posted the next day (Tue 31st).

As of today, 6 days later it appears not a single one has arrived.

Which suggests to me they weren’t posted when they said they were going to just the day before (unless anyone can say it’s reasonable for 2nd class deliveries to not arrive by day 6).

What was the point of saying anything?

Surely you're not insinuating they're telling porkies, AFKA !
  • Options
    Rolands playing silly buggers and not sending them out.
    Attendance 1,212
  • Options

I’m asking as the club took to social media on Mon 30th July to say they were being posted the next day (Tue 31st).

Which suggests to me they weren’t posted when they said they were going to just the day before (unless anyone can say it’s reasonable for 2nd class deliveries to not arrive by day 6).

AFKA have you not worked out after 4 years that sometimes were told fibs
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Attendance 1,212

He has got your money, why should he care if you get them in time
  • Options
    clb74 said:

AFKA have you not worked out after 4 years that sometimes were we are always being told fibs
  • Options
    ross1 said:

clb74 said:

Attendance 1,212

He has got your money, why should he care if you get them in time
    I don’t think he has. Aren’t the credit card companies drip feeding it? I’m talking to mine tomorrow.
  • Options
    I just tried to get on to the cafc website page for season tickets terms and conditions, to check what it said about refunds. Guess what - page unavailable. What's the odds someone at the club has been reading this site and getting a bit nervous?
  • Options
    Rang today... Said i should get it tomorrow
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Sadly when it comes to refunds, not sure you will have a leg to stand on as you are paying to watch the 23 home games - there is no specific reference to whether we win any of these games or field a strong side.

IMO football should be different, why should we pay if RD wont.

Generally correct: there is case law I believe.

Will be interesting to hear if refunds can be given out. I don't see why not, I've had matchday tickets refunded so don't see why a ST should be any different.

As it stands with a final round of asset stripping potentially happening I don't even want to go on Saturday.

But, yes, probably as long as you bought on-line (by post?). I mentioned this to the disgruntled on the BFG contract thread.

blockquote class="Quote" rel="cafcfan">For those suggesting they might want to chop in their season tickets, it may be that the Consumer Contracts Regulations are your friend - at least if you bought on-line or by post rather than in person.

According to Which "your right to cancel an order starts the moment you place your order and doesn't end until 14 days from the day you receive your goods.

As this 14-day period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, the seller can’t say that you must have returned the goods within this time-frame."

There might be some grey area regarding whether season tickets are goods or services but worth a shout I'd have thought.

It would certainly make a point if enough people applied for a refund.
  • Options

@afkabartram
    I haven't received the 4 STs I renewed a month back BUT the additional child ST I ordered a week ago arrived last Friday !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Davo55 said:

I just tried to get on to the cafc website page for season tickets terms and conditions, to check what it said about refunds. Guess what - page unavailable. What's the odds someone at the club has been reading this site and getting a bit nervous?

I believe that is actually illegal.

Well, according to Which again, the trader is required to provide a whole list of things. This includes: details of any right to cancel - the trader also needs to provide, or make available, a standard cancellation form to make cancelling easy (although you aren’t under any obligation to use it)

Edited to add: yes the legislation even provides a helpful template letter to be used by traders in their t&cs. And disgruntled customers of course legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/schedule/3/made

What they are actually supposed to provide info-wise is listed in Schedule Two. legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/schedule/2/made
  • Options
    It looks like the person who posted the season tickets out is the same person who offered Bauer his new contract...
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Davo55 said:

I believe that is actually illegal.

Well, according to Which again, the trader is required to provide a whole list of things. This includes: details of any right to cancel - the trader also needs to provide, or make available, a standard cancellation form to make cancelling easy (although you aren’t under any obligation to use it)

Edited to add: yes the legislation even provides a helpful template letter to be used by traders in their t&cs. And disgruntled customers of course legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/schedule/3/made

What they are actually supposed to provide info-wise is listed in Schedule Two. legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/schedule/2/made
    I was mis sold my season ticket
    Paid with credit card so would do a chargeback if I had to.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Been done a thousand times before I know but I just don't understand why anyone would buy a season ticket while Douchbag is still here.

Buy on a match by match basis if you have to go but giving him the money up front is incomprensible to me.

Because I am a Charlton fan first and foremost regardless of ownership that I can’t influence. Nothing against the boycotters-they are fans too but we all choose our own paths. We’ve had shit owners in the past and we will in the future (hopefully not soon). I make my own decisions as best I can and I will go when I choose - so, as others have already said, buying a S/T actually gives RD less money than pay as you go...
    But it gives him it up front. That’s the fundamental difference. £1m etc up front means he can ride out x extra months whilst hoping to get a higher offer.

Nothing up front means he’s having to fund more of the running costs and thus you’d assume he’d want to sell sooner.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Roland delivered mine but then he snatched it out of my hand and offered me a half season ticket instead.
  • Options

cafc-west said:

Been done a thousand times before I know but I just don't understand why anyone would buy a season ticket while Douchbag is still here.

Buy on a match by match basis if you have to go but giving him the money up front is incomprensible to me.

Because I am a Charlton fan first and foremost regardless of ownership that I can’t influence. Nothing against the boycotters-they are fans too but we all choose our own paths. We’ve had shit owners in the past and we will in the future (hopefully not soon). I make my own decisions as best I can and I will go when I choose - so, as others have already said, buying a S/T actually gives RD less money than pay as you go...
    But it gives him it up front. That’s the fundamental difference. £1m etc up front means he can ride out x extra months whilst hoping to get a higher offer.

Nothing up front means he’s having to fund more of the running costs and thus you’d assume he’d want to sell sooner.
    Except I paid on a credit card - so the club (not RD) only gets in in instalments
  • Options
    You used the finance they offer, or you just bought outright using your cc? I would assume only the former has the drip-feeding result?!
  • Options

You used the finance they offer, or you just bought outright using your cc? I would assume only the former has the drip-feeding result?!

The Belgian representing RD said in his last visit that the S/T money paid for by CC, would be drip fed to the club monthly.