Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Patrick Bauer (**Confirmed Leaving Pg 2**)

Comments

• Was at the Valley today and noticed that Patrick was back and driving a vintage car bought with his Preston wages.
    Saw it today too, I also saw it on Thursday when I was at The Valley. Wonder who’s it is and why they’re regularly at The Valley..?
  • Sage said:
    Was at the Valley today and noticed that Patrick was back and driving a vintage car bought with his Preston wages.
    Saw it today too, I also saw it on Thursday when I was at The Valley. Wonder who’s it is and why they’re regularly at The Valley..?
    Roland bought De Turck a company car.
    I cannot see any duct tape
  • The BFG number plate could be a clue!
  • Someone with good taste owns that car, a Citroen GS, though not the sort of vehicle I'd use as a regular car!
  • Was at the Valley today and noticed that Patrick was back and driving a vintage car bought with his Preston wages.
    Vintage? That's brand new top of the range for Preston.
    Vintage? That's brand new top of the range for Preston.
    They got roads now? Impressed.
  • Seeing that he scored such an important goal it would be good for the club to present him with something special when Preston come down 2nd November.
  • edited September 2019
    Was at the Valley today and noticed that Patrick was back and driving a vintage car bought with his Preston wages.
    Beautiful car though!

My dad had the estate version of the Citroen GS (light blue) a year before I was born and had it till I was 8 before getting a BX estate.
  • Seeing that he scored such an important goal it would be good for the club to present him with something special when Preston come down 2nd November.
    Should have been a more worthwhile contract...
  • Sponsored links:

Should have been a more worthwhile contract...
    Yeah I know Mate!
  • Glad he's happy up there and that he and his family have settled, especially with a newborn!!

PB on Saturday: “The first 45 minutes we were terrible to be honest but the gaffer switched it and second half you could see we are a good side and we scored three goals so we were happy with the win.” #pnefc

PB: “I spent four good years at Charlton, I scored the winning goal at Wembley last year and I still have a lot of friends there so I’m looking forward to the game.” #pnefc

PB on Charlton: “It wasn’t an easy decision to leave but it’s not something I regret, I’m at Preston now and I want to be successful here. My family and me really enjoy it here.” #pnefc

PB on partnership with Ben Davies: “I really enjoy it, he’s a really good player and hopefully we can continue our partnership because we know what we are about and we have a really good understanding.” #pnefc

PB on PNE fans: “I haven’t played that many games for Preston so far and the fans already have a song about me so that’s good!” #pnefc
  • Sage said:
    @Sage apprears it belongs to one of the Trust staff.  They also have a vintage 2CV that they drive to work sometimes.
  • Glad he's happy up there and that he and his family have settled, especially with a newborn!!

PB on Saturday: “The first 45 minutes we were terrible to be honest but the gaffer switched it and second half you could see we are a good side and we scored three goals so we were happy with the win.” #pnefc

PB: “I spent four good years at Charlton, I scored the winning goal at Wembley last year and I still have a lot of friends there so I’m looking forward to the game.” #pnefc

PB on Charlton: “It wasn’t an easy decision to leave but it’s not something I regret, I’m at Preston now and I want to be successful here. My family and me really enjoy it here.” #pnefc

PB on partnership with Ben Davies: “I really enjoy it, he’s a really good player and hopefully we can continue our partnership because we know what we are about and we have a really good understanding.” #pnefc

PB on PNE fans: “I haven’t played that many games for Preston so far and the fans already have a song about me so that’s good!” #pnefc
    Won't ever be as good as our BFG song.
  • Sponsored links:

Vintage? Eh? that wallowy asthmatic rusting shitbox is barely 40 years old.  Vintage cars are pre-1930.
    Even its extreme rarity (few more than 30 on the road in the UK) doesn't confer classic status, let alone anything more favourable.  The rarity the result of the model's inherent fragility, rather than numbers produced (nearly 2.5million of all variants) 
    The only thing remotely interesting about the Citroen GS was that the company experimented with an NSU rotary engine power plant, (NSU was part of the group at the time) but the price premium (2/3 more expensive) and the launch in 1973 at the height of the oil crisis saw the dreadful fuel economy of that motor find fewer than a thousand buyers, most of them probably to Citroen affiliates and employees.
    Punting around in one of these today shows a remarkable disregard for one's personal safety, a commitment to arriving eventually and the triumph of hope over all rational thought. - Charlton fan without a doubt :smiley:
    Vintage? Eh? that wallowy asthmatic rusting shitbox is barely 40 years old.  Vintage cars are pre-1930.
    Even its extreme rarity (few more than 30 on the road in the UK) doesn't confer classic status, let alone anything more favourable.  The rarity the result of the model's inherent fragility, rather than numbers produced (nearly 2.5million of all variants) 
    The only thing remotely interesting about the Citroen GS was that the company experimented with an NSU rotary engine power plant, (NSU was part of the group at the time) but the price premium (2/3 more expensive) and the launch in 1973 at the height of the oil crisis saw the dreadful fuel economy of that motor find fewer than a thousand buyers, most of them probably to Citroen affiliates and employees.
    Punting around in one of these today shows a remarkable disregard for one's personal safety, a commitment to arriving eventually and the triumph of hope over all rational thought. - Charlton fan without a doubt :smiley:
    1974 GS Estate was my first company car.  Chose it because it was the only car in my price range that had air con.  Safely transported me and my tribe on holidays across the whole of England and Scotland for three years.  Doubled as a builders truck when I built an extension with my mate for getting bricks sand and cement from the local Wickes.  Never let me down, so quite fond memories.

Maybe in 1974 it was stylish ?
    Er, maybe not.
     As you say, a rusting, unreliable (generally), and easily breakable.
    It was buying one of those that decided i was never to buy another French car again.
  • I was at AFC Wimbledon away when we lost 1-0 and recall Bauer turning to play the ball back to our keeper, falling over, and Lyle Taylor running through to score.  Hope he does that 3 times against us and if he does I will certainly cheer!

Likeable guy, decent egg, always gave 100%; I wish him all the best except against us.  

Always felt that his Social Media presence and that goal at Wembley probably made him more popular at Charlton than his talent and time spent here would otherwise have done.
  • Cmon, scored one of the most important goals in recent history, he has become a legend in Charlton folklore , he deserves a heroes welcome.
    Welcome back Paddy.
    If it wasn't him it would have been a different player/defender that got the winner.  Right place right time......that's all..😁
  • Definitely deserves a good reception. Gave his all for CAFC and Wembley winner will live in our memories.
  • Also taken from the News Shopper

Pat Bauer deserves a hero’s welcome when he returns to The Valley on Sunday says Charlton’s Dillon Phillips.
    The German centre-back visits SE7 with his new club Preston to take on the Addicks just six months after scoring possibly the most vital goal in Charlton’s recent history.
    Bauer’s strike against Sunderland at Wembley on May 26 secured promotion for Lee Bowyer’s men and it proved to be his last contribution for the side he spent four years with.
    Addicks goalkeeper Phillips insists there’ll be no room for sentiment during the 90minutes, knowing they can go level on points with second place Preston with a win, but Bauer should get the reception he earned during his 135 appearances for Charlton.
    “He only had to stick it in the net from four yards but that gets you hero status,” Phillips joked.
    “But he was great for us last season.
    “He’s a good lad and we miss him around the place.
    “He deserves all the plaudits when he comes back as he was massive.
    “He did a lot for the club when he was here.
    “Obviously he’s moved on but that happens in football, hopefully he’s enjoying it up there, but not too much this weekend and we get the result on Sunday.”
    Phillips had a roller-coaster of a day during the play-off final, having an unwanted helping hand in Naby Sarr’s opening own-goal.
    That said, it’s not day he’d change for anything.
    “I speak about it all the time, but it’s something I’ve said a million times, to have that feeling of wining, I’d do that a thousand times again.
    “I was just over the moon with the outcome and it was brushed under the carpet.”