Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protest Apathy

We're a week away from the new season starting. Roland is still here.

We have no CEO, CFO, permanent manager etc etc etc

Cost cutting at the club has hit an embarrassing low.

The original weekly excitement and drama of the takeover thread has gone.

This has got to be one of the most damaging times in our Club's history and now apathy has set in. If we continue in this mood then Roland has won, we will have become like STVV fans - resigned to our fate. We need to keep our batteries charged and continue to be a thorn in RD's backside. Come on folks, don't give up, we need to get him out. We need to get out to Belgium.

Comments

• I personally can't see what a protest would do. Now he's agreed to sell, I think the best we can do is hope that its as quick as possible. Until then, I think the club will just exist in the hands of RD. If he ain't gonna foot the bill for the charges, I can't see a protest making a difference
  • We're a week away from the new season starting. Roland is still here.

This has got to be one of the most damaging times in our Club's history and now apathy has set in. If we continue in this mood then Roland has won, we will have become like STVV fans - resigned to our fate. We need to keep our batteries charged and continue to be a thorn in RD's backside. Come on folks, don't give up, we need to get him out. We need to get out to Belgium.

Off you go, then! I don't have a passport...
  • Personally I think a protest could do more harm than good right now.

We need to be prepared however if the deal falls through to hit the ground running.

He needs to go, but when and how are out of our hands for the moment.
  • I agree - apart from personal boycotts (not a penny more from me till he goes - no friendlies and no league matches), unless Muir and co walk, I don't see the point of further protests.
  • Sponsored links:

• The whole point of the protests was to force him to sell, he's in the process of selling, what exactly do you wish to achieve with further protests? It isn't going to speed up the process whatsoever
  • He's been 'in the process of selling' for some time now. How long do we wait?

But the issues are not with him, protesting for him to sell is pointless when he has agreed to sell.

Yes the sale is taking ages, but as its been reported thats due to the complexity of the aussie bid and issues with the EFL not Roland.

He is Probably as desperate as us to end it all now

We wait until the sale doesn't happen and ascertain why it didn't happen.
    If we deduce that this is down to RD, then we consider the next course of action.
    It's pretty basic isn't it ?

If you're in the process of selling your house, do you think it sensible that your buyer comes round your house & protests ?

The trouble is, you've removed yourself from the club and need something to do and all you can think of is protest.
    Muddled thinking I'm afraid.
  • In terms of the current Roland deadline, it is when the transfer window closes next month.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018
    Chizz said:

I could be wrong because the takeover thread gets filled up with so much crap.

But the holdup is not by RD is it, yes he still owns the club but to him as far as hevis concerned its gone, dont think going to Belgium will speed things up.

Based on recent reports the holdup is with the Aussies and the EFL
    I completely agree with your first sentence, Paulie. You *are* wrong.
    I am wrong am I.

This was taken from the bitesize takeover thread on July 18th

Delay in takeover caused by one of Andrew Muirs investors not passing fit & proper test due to connections with a former club. Newcastle or Everton apparently.

Deal is now complete and is awaiting approval from the FA.

That to me says I am actually correct and issue is with Aussies and EFL
  • N01R4M said:

There is a window of opportunity to apply real pressure to Roland under the umbrella of canvassing in the local elections. However, there are certain deadlines which ROT will need to satisfy in order to proceed.
    It is no good the fanbase waking up a month ahead of the October polls and expecting a ROT campaign to magically spring to life. The ship will have sailed by then, and we will be back to throwing things on the pitch.

THIS 100%

The election only happens once every four years and its timing couldn't be more, well, timely.

But it needs people behind ROT. There's a core group of us going out there but we need more help.

This is a one-off opportunity. If Roland goes this week, next week, February, the next two weeks will be interesting etc etc then fine. If not then we are further down the line of destroying our club.
  • We're a week away from the new season starting. Roland is still here.

I haven’t given up on the club. It’s in my heart, it’s in my soul. Hoping it’ll be my friend when I get old. My sons middle name is Charlton. I’ve given up going for the time being, that’s my protest. But I’ll be back when Two Sheds has gone ... UpTheAddicks
  • Chizz said:

I completely understand anyone who says that, since Roland has said that he is selling, then protests should stop. But I would like to ask those people whether they trust him.

I don't trust him one inch, but until someone/something shows a need for a protest I won't be protesting.

We're just going round & round in circles.

Like I said on the Charlton for sale thread.

Show us some evidence, that RD is presently delaying the sale. No one did.

The price has been agreed and we are awaiting the Aussies to submit paperwork to the EFL/EFL to be satisfied with the paperwork.

The Aussies have not refuted this.

If this is not true (and I'm not saying it is), then show us this is not true.
    Give us some evidence please.
  • Given all those who have walked away from Charlton, who will be there to protest. Those that have season tickets now will be very unlikely to do so now. So to protest you would have to put more money in Rolands pocket by buying a ticket to attend a match.
  • From the outside, looking in, it does seem as though most have given up.
  • _MrDick said:

I haven’t given up on the club. It’s in my heart, it’s in my soul. Hoping it’ll be my friend when I get old. My sons middle name is Charlton. I’ve given up going for the time being, that’s my protest. But I’ll be back when Two Sheds has gone ... UpTheAddicks
    Nice to meet you Freddie "The Frog" Robdal

Was the whole sat on your own detonator thing a cover up to hide from the police :wink:
  • You cant boycott and protest... and I certainly wont be taking 8 hours of my saturdays to stand outside the ground jeering.

completely bored of it all at this point, I only come on the forum to see whats happening on the Love Island thread

Most are being realistic, little can be done to speed up the sale. As mentioned earlier though if the sale falls through then the gloves are off.
    Coming to the party?

Most are being realistic, little can be done to speed up the sale. As mentioned earlier though if the sale falls through then the gloves are off.
    Coming to the party?
    Nice to see your BBW alert/notification is working, baldster :wink:

Party, you say? assume it will be vol au vents and 12 chips all round?

FWIW, my opening comment was tongue in cheek.