Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Erin Ersson

A truely inspiring young lady. But on a plane full of Swedes it had to be a pompous Brit telling her to 'sitdaaan'!!!

Comments

• Good on her but i honestly don't know what i would've said if i was a fellow passenger. I hate flying, and anything that delays me getting off the plane i want to murder in the coldest bloods of a thousand winters.
  • Remember her from Happy Days
  • Respect for making a stand and whatever. But you have to be incredibly naive to think that he won't be stuck on the next plane out of there
  • We don't know anything about the circumstances of any of the people on the plane home, what if someone was flying to see a loved one for the last time, as Kentaddick has touched on there are lots of people who suffer whilst flying, what if that had caused someone to have a panic attack or worse? So yeah great one Erin.
  • A truely inspiring young lady. But on a plane full of Swedes it had to be a pompous Brit telling her to 'sitdaaan'!!!

Say that again but replace “Brit” with African or Muslim, then compare which gets flagged more.
  • edited July 2018
    What evidence does she have that 'he will most likely be killed if he stays on this plane'?
  • Sponsored links:

• I have no clue what this is about, can someone explain or post a link?
  • I have no clue what this is about, can someone explain or post a link?

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Erin+Ersson
  • She should be given a lengthy prison sentence for aviation offences. Stupid cow.
  • what the fuck has it got to do with her? she should have been flung off the flight and banned from flying with the airline.

bitch.

this - I'm amazed they let her rant and delay the plane by 2 hours.
  • As the country heads towards a general election in September, Sweden’s centre-left coalition government is keen to keep up expulsions of asylum seekers whose applications have been turned down. “If you get rejected, you have to go home – otherwise we will not have a proper migration system,” the prime minister, Stefan Löfven, said last year after an Uzbek asylum seeker whose claim had been rejected drove a truck into shoppers in Stockholm, killing five people.

After Taliban violence increased in January, the country briefly halted deportations to Afghanistan. But the Swedish migration board stands by its assessment that the country is a safe destination for asylum seekers whose claims have been turned down.

From the Guardian.

So his case was heard fairly, he wasn't granted Asylum but some little brat knows more, holds up a flight, ignores the instructions of the planes captain and causes more aggro.

Lets hope she gets a fine and he's on his way home.

Laws are allowed to be broker by people if you look it look at it a certain way, you should know that by now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can she not be sent back with him? That'll teach her...
  • Respect for making a stand and whatever. But you have to be incredibly naive to think that he won't be stuck on the next plane out of there

I suppose you do what you can when you can
    It's better to do something rather than nothing.
  • iainment said:

Respect for making a stand and whatever. But you have to be incredibly naive to think that he won't be stuck on the next plane out of there

I suppose you do what you can when you can
    It's better to do something rather than nothing.
    not in this case it isn't
  • All seems pretty pointless.

1. He'll just be deported another day.
    2. She'll probably get fined and/or imprisoned.
  • Regardless of the right and wrong of it she hasn't actually done anything illegal (and researched beforehand to make sure she hadn't/wouldn't). Whether or not it should now be MADE a crime is open to discussion.
  • thenewbie said:

Regardless of the right and wrong of it she hasn't actually done anything illegal (and researched beforehand to make sure she hadn't/wouldn't). Whether or not it should now be MADE a crime is open to discussion.

She has insisted, both during the protest itself and in Facebook posts yesterday, that “no laws were broken” by her actions, adding: “This is a right in Sweden.”

According to DW, though, the Swedish authorities think differently. Police said passengers who refuse to obey a pilot's orders while on board a plane can face fines or up to six months in jail

• edited July 2018
    I think it seems pretty idealistic as she probably doesn't know much about the actual case and he will probably be deported another day anyway, but I do think it's a good thing that people are prepared to stand up for what they believe. It's not exactly Tiananmen Square or the White Rose movement but I am sure there were people around those who criticized them for causing an inconvenience. I guess she has highlighted the issue and got people talking about it.
  • thenewbie said:

Regardless of the right and wrong of it she hasn't actually done anything illegal (and researched beforehand to make sure she hadn't/wouldn't). Whether or not it should now be MADE a crime is open to discussion.

She has insisted, both during the protest itself and in Facebook posts yesterday, that “no laws were broken” by her actions, adding: “This is a right in Sweden.”

According to DW, though, the Swedish authorities think differently. Police said passengers who refuse to obey a pilot's orders while on board a plane can face fines or up to six months in jail

The point is that despite her requests, the pilot didn't come to speak to her let alone give her an order. Her only conversation was with a steward. As she said, the pilot could have ordered the deportee and minders off the plane and negated the 2hr delay but chose not to. Doubt he didn't get advice further up the food chain either.

Disappointed in the CL response to this issue. Are we in support of HMG decision to send Afgan translators back to their homeland?