Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Ooh Betty.
  • Options
    Yes, very well done.
  • Options

Ooh Betty.

Ha, amended
  • Options
    Hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque
  • Options
    Most fixed track in England
  • Options

Great track, can't beat a bit of Prefab.
  • Options

Really pleased to hear that. The safety of the animals is paramount so a very robust planned and corrective maintenance regime on any assets is a model that that whole industry should embrace.
  • Options

Really pleased to hear that. The safety of the animals is paramount so a very robust planned and corrective maintenance regime on any assets is a model that that whole industry should embrace.
    Haha
  • Options
    Seriously tho not sure if same happens at 365 maybe @bobmunro could tell us.

But at william hill any bet on crayford over £20 had to be logged on the system

Any bet £50 we had to ring a number to make sure we could take the bet.

Any bet over had to be reported instantly with customers name
  • Options
    Probably will not be on Friday because of expected thunderstorms
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I remember one night down there where a dog came out of the the traps (2, I believe) and, as it approached turn one, it cut across the track and ran to someone familiar in the crowd who was waving something at the dog to distract it.
  • Options

We haven't got any shops, Paulie.

Online, everybody can get on £3.65
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Great track, can't beat a bit of Prefab.
    The old Crayford was a great track.
  • Options
    Faaarkin snowflakes.
  • Options
    To be fair I am sure a fit greyhound can sprint 400m in this heat - they may have to cancel the 10,000 though.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Haha I know you have no shops, just wondered if yoi had anything in place that certain amounts placed on Crayford get instantly reported
  • Options
    used to love Crayford trials with my Grandad on a Saturday morning before heading to the Valley, life was so much simpler then.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Haha I know you have no shops, just wondered if yoi had anything in place that certain amounts placed on Crayford get instantly reported
    Every bet is reported - it’s account based so we know who is having the bets. Greyhounds are a tiny part of our business but most punters will be able to get a decent bet.

• Options

bobmunro said:

They Still do it Sat morning, free entry, races 10.36 - 1.57, the next jump on the loop train from Crayford to Charlton.

Surprised more don’t do it occasionally tbh
  • Options

To be fair I am sure a fit greyhound can sprint 400m in this heat - they may have to cancel the 10,000 though.

They don't live at the track, I believe the transportation of dogs to and from the track as well as the race was being considered. My dogs have just had their first exercise since Sunday other than my garden, we gave them an hour off lead and they are now blowing out of their arses. Trust me they don't run anywhere a greyhounds speeds and just walked alongside me the potential of a dogs heart just exploding is very real when running at full tilt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Faaarkin snowflakes.

Only good coming out of either trap 5 or 6.
  • Options

Well done? Seriously?...After, six, seven WEEKS of heat?
    Might the reality be that the win-at-all-costs money brigade succumbed to the attention of the animal welfarists, who have been on at them for ages to see sense and stop the racing?
    Officialdom seeks the plaudits, as ever, but they were embarrassed by those who would see this 'sport' consigned to history.

: Animal Aid Retweeted

10th July 2018

You Bet They Fry

Who will speak up for #greyhounds racing & dying in this heatwave?
    Not the self-regulated #GBGB nor their Greyhound Forum of complicit charities.
    Not @DefraGovUK, MPs or any political party animal welfare groups.
    Not even the @theRCVS or @BritishVets!
    #YouBetTheyFry

How many have died due to racing in the heat wave, out of interest?
  • Options

Pssssssst

You should take more water with it.