Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

In ground WiFi update

124»

Comments

• Options
    Fumbluff said:

Fumbluff said:

@AFKABartram You can’t buy a dongle for an iPad, I am presuming that it is WiFi only in the first place.

Best thing to do is to - having made sure you have sufficient data on your plan - turn on your phone to “Personal Hotspot” and then allow your child to connect their iPad to your phone via WiFi - they will need to type in your password.

You enable the ‘Personal Hotspot’ on your phone via “Settings > Connections” on an Android device and on Apple you will see it in the left hand menu.

Even if they are on You Tube for two hours straight they shouldn’t use more than 2GB whilst at the match, your plan should be able to deal with this.

Sigh.
    Of course you can. You can buy any old 4g dongle and tether to that. Of course you need to buy some kind of sim to go in it so you need to weigh up the pros and cons of the data allowance on your phone and the money you’ll spend on a new sim contract (data only) plus a forty quid dongle but you absolutely can do it, it’s a lifesaver if you’re working somewhere shitty like Kuwait or somewhere cool like Cuba where roaming charges are bonkersenomenal...
    Sigh.

Why would you want to buy a 4G wireless modem for a child's iPad for two hours use every fortnight at Charlton when you can do exactly the same thing from the Smartphone and data plan you have already paid for?

Sigh.
    I’m not a dongle salesman, I don’t care what he does, I just answered the question for him.
    Correctly.
    You’re welcome :smile:
    Good job you're not a dongle salesman since you don't know your arse from your elbow.

You're welcome.
  • Options

Makes you wonder how the world even turned without the dam internet, people just cant seem to do anything without it in this day and age sad times

Said the bloke on the internet :smile:
    Said the bloke sitting at home in his own time and not watching a game of football that I paid good money for, slight difference

• Options
    'Fan Wi-fi no longer available' message again yesterday. Don't really get that - surely its just being petty. Look around the stadium and there is a wi-fi signal booster every 30 ft or so above your heads bolted to the concrete - the big cost (i.e. the infrastructure) has been spent. Not an expert on large scale wi-fi - but surely the broadband rental is fixed as the club has general access to broadband?
  • Options
    The fan WiFi was atrocious yesterday and I could not get a decent 4g signal. Proper shite.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

The fan WiFi was atrocious yesterday and I could not get a decent 4g signal. Proper shite.

I got a reasonable 4g signal (checking the Test match score was more interesting that the first half!)
  • Options

1StevieG said:

I got a reasonable 4g signal (checking the Test match score was more interesting that the first half!)
    yep, doing the same......but didn't think the 1st half was that bad.
  • Options
    Does WiFi even exist in the ground at the moment? Bloody terrible! 
  • Options
    Does WiFi even exist in the ground at the moment? Bloody terrible! 
    Can never get any reception or wifi in the ground. All I want is the half times rather than the insufferable crossbar challenge 
  • Options
    There is no WiFi at the ground for fans and hasn't been for 2 seasons now, reception for me was fine yesterday, even managed a video call home at half time with no problems!!