Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

In ground WiFi update

Comments

• Options

Dont worry, i have unlimited data on my phone, i'll stick my hotspot on...

• Options
    edited July 2018

shirty5 said:

Not even close to the tip of the mountain. One of the stands to close next

This, or at least large sections.
    Heard they're closing the East Stand Mike :smile:
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Bring back letters around the edge of the pitch to give HT results.

They’ll probably do that but because you need to match the letters to the relevant matches they’ll put the programme up to a tenner.

• Options
    Rothko said:

Swisdom said:

Rothko said:

The 4G networks in and around the Valley are far better then they were 5 years ago, so is it that much of an issue?

If your son is on YouTube for 2 hours straight it rinses my monthly data limit fir the month
    Then you need a better tariff
    Work phone. If I change mine I’ll need to change loads. Not paying that.

• Options
    Well it definitely seems it won't be available this season, so going to have to look for alternative approaches.

I'm not very good on this stuff, but am I right in thinking you can't get dongle wifi thingies for ipads?
  • Options

They’ll probably do that but because you need to match the letters to the relevant matches they’ll put the programme up to a tenner.

If it's any use, I've just thought of a little bloke who with a suitable white coat and some training would be be perfect for the job. And with it goes a promise I will not only buy a season ticket but one in the front row. ;)
  • Options

Well it definitely seems it won't be available this season, so going to have to look for alternative approaches.

I'm not very good on this stuff, but am I right in thinking you can't get dongle wifi thingies for ipads?

I thought you worked in IT?
    Yeah you can get dongles that’ll work with anything or you could just tether their iPad to your phone but as stated above, might depend on their usage during the game and your contract....
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

I thought you worked in IT?
    Yeah you can get dongles that’ll work with anything or you could just tether their iPad to your phone but as stated above, might depend on their usage during the game and your contract....
    cheers,

don't work in IT and no idea how to 'tether'. Was sure you couldn't get wifi dongles for ipads. As said, I need to look into
  • Options
    In all seriousness do you need WiFi at football. Surely you just watch the game and chat to mates?
  • Options
    Good you go football to watch a game, not to spend it on the internet, stay at home if you want to spend all your time on the net

Good you go football to watch a game, not to spend it on the internet, stay at home if you want to spend all your time on the net

Sadly, may probably have to. We go as a family and one of my kids can’t really concentrate on the game for 90 mins so the iPad is a godsend in keeping him entertained with YouTube and whatever and the rest of us able to watch the game and all go together. I’m sure we aren’t the only ones whose kids benefit from it.

Tight git just use some of your data instead of freeloading ;-)

Or leave the kids in Smyths toys while the games on

• Sponsored links:

• Options

The match threads may not be so informative during the match if people at the ground weren't on the interweb.
    Sure most people can use there own data

• Options

In all seriousness do you need WiFi at football. Surely you just watch the game and chat to mates?

This is one of them joke threads, right?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

shirty5 said:

Been saying for a while that they should shut the upper tiers to bunch us all together. Would probably help generate some atmosphere.

I sit in an upper tier because of the view, I’ve sat in the same seat for 20 years and have no intention of moving because of the clubs poor management. I was bunched together with a full stand back then because the club wasn’t owned by Roland. The simple answer is to sell the club so this isn’t an issue anymore
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Croydon said:

shirty5 said:

Been saying for a while that they should shut the upper tiers to bunch us all together. Would probably help generate some atmosphere.

I sit in an upper tier because of the view, I’ve sat in the same seat for 20 years and have no intention of moving because of the clubs poor management. I was bunched together with a full stand back then because the club wasn’t owned by Roland. The simple answer is to sell the club so this isn’t an issue anymore
    Probably unwise to underestimate the stupidity of the decision-makers, but at a quick glance it looks as if there are currently about 200-250 season tickets in the upper west, which has to be stewarded and opened in any event for the press and the hospitality area.

There is relatively little saving to be made by closing the remaining standard seats and the consequential loss of season tickets would probably wipe it out. The upper north would be even more difficult.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Rothko said:

The 4G networks in and around the Valley are far better then they were 5 years ago, so is it that much of an issue?

If your son is on YouTube for 2 hours straight it rinses my monthly data limit fir the month
    If your son goes to Charlton and just spends 2 hours on youtube then don't bother taking him. Let the wife supervise him at home instead.
  • Options
    Good, it might stop kids sat there with their damn tablets watching videos while there's a match going on.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    A few seasons ago I was sat at game with a kid infront of me who was playing FIFA on his PSP with the real game going on in front of him.

Playing a football game, at a real football game.

• Options
    Can't be a cost saving issue, as wasn't it touted as part of the sponsorship package with ITRM? Part of the reason for having them on the shirts etc. was to cut down on IT costs with in-kind arrangements.
  • Options

Great idea - problem is the club can't afford anyone to place the scores on them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice see the club has a couple of "Fans Liaison Officer" candidates on here today.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

A few seasons ago I was sat at game with a kid infront of me who was playing FIFA on his PSP with the real game going on in front of him.

Playing a football game, at a real football game.

Bet you ended up watching more of the FIFA than the Charlton match!
  • Options
    edited July 2018

The match threads may not be so informative during the match if people at the ground weren't on the interweb.
    Sure most people can use there own data

I'm sure they can but that wasn't the point I was addressing.

@leftbehind's comment was that if you're at a match you shouldn't be on the net and I was countering that opinion with reference to the match threads which are enhanced by comments from people actually at the game.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Rothko said:

If your son goes to Charlton and just spends 2 hours on youtube then don't bother taking him. Let the wife supervise him at home instead.
    We get to spend the day together and I love it. At his age I wasn’t particularly interested in football but given a few more years he will be into it.

It’s not just Charlton we do together. He has football training in the morning then we can go for a bite to eat for lunch and finally going to Charlton ( which is when he plays on his iPad). I love spending time with him

My wife enjoys a bit of peace and quiet while our daughter goes to dancing and ballet and I take my little man to football. That’s just how it is.

I like going to the cinema, kids ain’t so keen but it’s part of our day together so they take a football and kick that round screen 7 instead. ;)
  • Options
    Try turning Bluetooth on, on the iPad, then nick internet connection from your phone, I think that’s what they mean by tethering.
  • Options
    I'm surprised anyone found the Valley wifi fast enough to do anything serious with it (other than looking up the other scores which is what 95% of people do I imagine)
  • Options
    You haven’t got to explain / justify anything @Swisdom