Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dave 21 and a thanks to the NHS staff

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Good to hear, well done. Keep going. 
  • Options
    WOW ! 

What a fantastic post, @Dave2l

Thankfully, I have never had to face the gruelling experience that you have faced AND come out the other side. 

Total respect to you for admitting that you may have turned into a " bit of a nightmeire" ( not your words) during this horrendous time for both yourself & your nearest & dearest. But they know it wasn't the real you but a very frightened Dave.

I'm pretty certain that others in a similar situation will be able to recognise themselves....

Beyond a shadow of doubt, you are strong enough now to put all this behind you and think only of the future. 

I'm sure all Lifers will wish you well & salute you for your bravery & honesty today. 

Onwards & upwards, dear fellow Addick. 
  • Options
    WOW ! 

What a fantastic post, @Dave2l

Thankfully, I have never had to face the gruelling experience that you have faced AND come out the other side. 

Total respect to you for admitting that you may have turned into a " bit of a nightmeire" ( not your words) during this horrendous time for both yourself & your nearest & dearest. But they know it wasn't the real you but a very frightened Dave.

I'm pretty certain that others in a similar situation will be able to recognise themselves....

Beyond a shadow of doubt, you are strong enough now to put all this behind you and think only of the future. 

I'm sure all Lifers will wish you well & salute you for your bravery & honesty today. 

Onwards & upwards, dear fellow Addick. 
    Thanks 🙂
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    We're incredibly lucky to have the NHS in this country. Get well soon Dave. And you Southall. 
  • Options
    Pleased to hear things are looking up for you Dave. I hope you can get to the game tomorrow, and it's an enjoyable experience, although I'm not sure it'll do wonders for your blood pressure :-)
  • Options
    Delighted to read your latest news, @Dave2l, and I hope your reintegration into the world of work continues to go well.

One step at a time, and hopefully all in a forwards direction!

Not one of us on here envies you what you have gone through, but I join others in hoping you have seen the back of this problem and have a long, healthy and enjoyable life ahead of you.

One thing which will not leave you is the knowledge of the support you have received from so many family, friends and professionals, and it will probably colour your future relationships through the empathy you will feel for others going through difficult times.

Meanwhile, I hope you got to the match and had a great time.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Delighted to read your latest news, @Dave2l, and I hope your reintegration into the world of work continues to go well.

One step at a time, and hopefully all in a forwards direction!

Not one of us on here envies you what you have gone through, but I join others in hoping you have seen the back of this problem and have a long, healthy and enjoyable life ahead of you.

One thing which will not leave you is the knowledge of the support you have received from so many family, friends and professionals, and it will probably colour your future relationships through the empathy you will feel for others going through difficult times.

Meanwhile, I hope you got to the match and had a great time.
    Thanks very much 🙂
  • Options
    Great news Dave, hope you continue to get better and better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good news. All the best. 
  • Options
    Good to hear you’re recovering so well. Keep on keeping on Dave x
  • Options
    Great to hear you've made good progress. Here's wishing you all the best.

• Options
    Really pleased that you've had the op and all seems to have gone well, because I remember when it was first mooted that you weren't sure whether you wanted to have it or not. As for how you're skull's going to end up looking, it's really early days yet, you don't know how it's going to heal up. And let's face it, most people have slightly odd shaped heads, lots of people have scars of various kinds, and they're often far less noticeable to the rest of us than you'd think.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot.

If Charlton beat Millwall a couple of weeks ago...and Roland sold the club.

2019 would have been an extra special year 🙂