Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dave 21 and a thanks to the NHS staff

Comments

• Options
    All the best guys. Thinking of you and your family at this very difficult time.
  • Options
    Get well soon @Dave2l. Best wishes
  • Options
    Can't imagine what a horrendous day you must have endured, @3blokes .

A nightmare indeed but perversely one to draw immense comfort from when the heroes of our NHS do what they do best.

Best wishes to Dave for a speedy recovery and to you for taking time to share this with your fellow Lifers.
  • Options

Get well soon @Dave2l
  • Options

Good to hear things heading in the right direction @SouthallAddick
  • Options
    All the best on your recovery dave21.
  • Options

Have to second this, they are just brilliant. Had a heart attack on Sunday and was in surgery within about 40 minutes. Everyone, the ambulance crew, surgeons, nurses and ward staff were just brilliant. Caring, reassuring, professional. Home already and well on the mend. Best wishes to @3blokes and @Dave2l. Thanks for the post.

Get well soon mate
  • Options
    Get well soon both @Dave2l & @SouthallAddick

• Options
    Best wishes to @Dave2l and @SouthallAddick. Hope you both recover fully and soon.

Echo all the good words about the NHS. Have been very fortunate not to need them too much in my life, but they are always amazing when I have had cause to use them. Don’t want this to get political, but I’d be more than happy to pay more tax, knowing it was being used directly for the service.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Get well soon @Dave2l and @SouthallAddick

However the NHS treatment of my pal dying from cancer at St Georges hospital has been shit the Oncology team brillaint but because he is going for a second stent operation and has had a tube inserted in his stomach he has been placed in a geriatric ward where i have witnessed a poor man with the shakes and dementia drop his medication on the floor that he was left with by a nurse (no chance of taking it due to how shaky his hands were) and then they go to give it him from the floor back into his hand until my mates sis in law stepped in and said dont you dare do that

we are Ateam busting my pal out of there today his last days wont be spent rotting in that shit hole
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

However the NHS treatment of my pal dying from cancer at St Georges hospital has been shit the Oncology team brillaint but because he is going for a second stent operation and has had a tube inserted in his stomach he has been placed in a geriatric ward where i have witnessed a poor man with the shakes and dementia drop his medication on the floor that he was left with by a nurse (no chance of taking it due to how shaky his hands were) and then they go to give it him from the floor back into his hand until my mates sis in law stepped in and said dont you dare do that

we are Ateam busting my pal out of there today his last days wont be spent rotting in that shit hole

That's SO difficult to read, NLA.

I know how distressed you were when you heard your mate's diagnosis & seeing him there must make it unbearable.

Hope your break out is successful & your dear friend made more comfortable elsewhere.

Thinking of you.
  • Options

Have to second this, they are just brilliant. Had a heart attack on Sunday and was in surgery within about 40 minutes. Everyone, the ambulance crew, surgeons, nurses and ward staff were just brilliant. Caring, reassuring, professional. Home already and well on the mend. Best wishes to @3blokes and @Dave2l. Thanks for the post.

Thanks and speedy recovery to you too :+1:
  • Options

That's SO difficult to read, NLA.

I know how distressed you were when you heard your mate's diagnosis & seeing him there must make it unbearable.

Hope your break out is successful & your dear friend made more comfortable elsewhere.

Thinking of you.

thanks Jean
  • Options
    Get well soon @Dave2l and @SouthallAddick .

Hope you sort your mate out @nth london addick
  • Options
    Get well soon Dave.
  • Options
    Good news, 3blokes.

Wishing Dave a speedy recovery.

• Options
    Very best wishes to you all , get well soon Dave21 and thanks to wonderful doctors and nurse at the NHS!
  • Options
    And get well soon Southalladdick
  • Options
    Is that Fitzy @nth london addick? Only met the man once and him and his lads were great company. Thinking of you man
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

Is that Fitzy @nth london addick? Only met the man once and him and his lads were great company. Thinking of you man

Yeah mate he ain’t well 10 weeks ago we were celebrating josh Warrington winning from within the teams circle

10 weeks later he is having the toughest fight of them all

You wouldn’t recognise him from February mate so very sad gutted absolutely gutted
  • Options
    Glad he's on the mend Jon. I'm going to pop up there today. He will love that he's got his own CL thread lol
  • Options
    All the best Dave21, get well soon pal.

Thoughts to you as well 3blokes.
  • Options
    Get well soon Dave
  • Options

3blokes said:

Went up to see Dave21 this afternoon, and whilst he is not out of the woods yet, and still requires further surgery, he has made a remarkable bounce back from where he was yesterday. So much so, that I was able to tell him about this thread, and it made him smile and he said “ that’s nice.”
    So thanks everyone for all the kind words and support. It is really appreciated. Got a long way to go yet, but we are staying positive.

I hope it may make Dave smile if you tell him that I've always read his name as Dave 2l.
    In other words, in my mind he's Dave 2 litres, which I've always thought was weird :smile:
    Dave, I wish you a speedy recovery.
    I will tell him that tomorrow :smile: thanks.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Get well Dave!

Horrible for you Jon. Wishing a speedy recovery for your lad.
  • Options
    Best wishes to Dave and Southall, hope you both make speedy recoveries. The NHS (particularly on the care side) is so understaffed & under pressure that bad experiences do occur, my sister (RIP...Little Sis) passed away at the end of 2016...just before Christmas, she suffered with MS and was in and out of Darenth for several years....we had mixed experiences of that time...with regards to her care.