Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 best ever?

Don’t know about you lot but this is turning out to be to be one of the best ever Summers in my lifetime ( and I was 4 when we had the longest lasting heatwave ) and watching the latest weather forecasts it looks like we are in for yet more prolonged sunshine.

Comments

• Options
    The thing about '76 was that it was hot and sunny through June when we were at school and then nearly all through the 6 week break. The weather broke the last week of August when we were at Sinah Warren on Hayling Island. Most schools break up this week so '18 has some way to go yet.
    1975 was also an extremely hot and sunny summer but was eclipsed (sorry) and soon forgotten by '76. Funnily enough both Saturdays of the Lords Test matches in '75&'76 were washed out by rain.
    Other memorable hot summers were 1990, '97 and 2006.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

The thing about '76 was that it was hot and sunny through June when we were at school and then nearly all through the 6 week break. The weather broke the last week of August when we were at Sinah Warren on Hayling Island. Most schools break up this week so '18 has some way to go yet.
    1975 was also an extremely hot and sunny summer but was eclipsed (sorry) and soon forgotten by '76. Funnily enough both Saturdays of the Lords Test matches in '75&'76 were washed out by rain.
    Other memorable hot summers were 1990, '97 and 2006.

When the weather broke in '76, Dennis Howell had just been made Minister of Drought. We got floods.
  • Options
    Don’t worry, it won’t last much longer. The forecast for my Devon holiday is showing rain 6 out of 7 days :-(
  • Options
    Don't worry (yet) @afkabartram, next week's detail is far from confirmed although overall the summer weather is likely to continue. Any rain will be showers at most ..... but having holidayed as a child in Devon many times it can rain a lot there ;-)
  • Options
    It’s my natural default to worry @Hex :-)
  • Options
    '76 was much hotter, with no clouds. Loved that year!
  • Options
    Just for some balance, spare a thought for us pale white Englishmen who look like lobsters after 10 minutes in the sun.
    Bring on the storms!
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Just for some balance, spare a thought for us pale white Englishmen who look like lobsters after 10 minutes in the sun.
    Bring on the storms!

Don't be a spoil sport, this weather is fantastic. Just stay in doors until October and you will be fine :wink:
  • Options
    Remember the slogan from 1976 during the water shortages?

"Save water, bath with a friend".

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The past month with the weather and the football has been pukka. Had some quality boozing sessions.
  • Options
    Some of the cricket pitches i have played on in the last month have been like death valley
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I’ll be making like Bing Crosby and dancing in the rain as soon as I see raindrops.
  • Options
    I got my first real 6 string.
  • Options

The past month with the weather and the football has been pukka. Had some quality boozing sessions.

Not to mention the clunge on view.