Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Darren Pratley (Page 22 - Signed for Leyton Orient)

Comments

• Very well deserved. Assistant manager to Jacko when Bows goes Leeds. 
  • I can’t believe Darren Pratley is gonna be a Premier League player at the age of 35.
    Haha Callum, good for Prats if he gets the chance. Of course, he's an old hand in the Prem.

He even made his league debut in the Prem for Fulham against Charlton on 8 November 2003, at the age of 18. :smile:

He also played in the Prem for Swansea and Bolton.

Been there. Done that. Even got the T-shirt.

• Oggy Red said:

No wonder Bowyer, says "I love him". That's his way of saying he's able to depend on him in so many ways.

Mine too. My ex-wife used to complain that I never told her "I love you". I always replied that I was able to depend on her in so many ways. It means the same thing to guys like LB and me.
  • Didn't expect this, especially so soon in the season. Weird one as he's started well but aging so not sure I want him in the Prem next season but guess his experience will be invaluable. 
  • We are gonna be one up at the toolbox with 20 mins left and The Enforcer Is going to come on and get us the win. 
  • We are gonna be one up at the toolbox with 20 mins left and The Enforcer Is going to come on and get us the win. 
    I'd get his name and number tattooed on me if this happened.
  • edited August 2019
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/he-has-earned-it-lee-bowyer-on-darren-pratley-signing-until-the-summer-of-2021/

“He is close to Lyle [Taylor] and he’s experienced. With the shenanigans with Lyle [when Brentford’s bids unsettled the striker] he played a part [in helping smooth] that.
  • Trying to think of a player that has improved so much during his time with us, more than Dazza.

When he first signed I remember many on here didn't fancy him, and towards the back end of last season he was on the bench quite a bit, when Bowyer played Bielik in front of him, and I didn't think we'd see much of him this year.

His transformation this year has been unbelievable, probably the first name on the team-sheet - which is saying something when you think of the squad we have.

The only comparison I can draw is with Steve Mackenzie, when he joined us in 1987. His first three or four months were dreadful, but something clicked and he lost a bit of weight, and went on to become a brilliant player for us - scoring some crackers against the Arsenal both home and away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    We are gonna be one up at the toolbox with 20 mins left and The Enforcer Is going to come on and get us the win. 
    I'd get his name and number tattooed on me if this happened.
    Coming soon
  • Trying to think of a player that has improved so much during his time with us, more than Dazza.

When he first signed I remember many on here didn't fancy him, and towards the back end of last season he was on the bench quite a bit, when Bowyer played Bielik in front of him, and I didn't think we'd see much of him this year.

His transformation this year has been unbelievable, probably the first name on the team-sheet - which is saying something when you think of the squad we have.

The only comparison I can draw is with Steve Mackenzie, when he joined us in 1987. His first three or four months were dreadful, but something clicked and he lost a bit of weight, and went on to become a brilliant player for us - scoring some crackers against the Arsenal both home and away.
    He’s playing brilliantly.  Perhaps in league one , we were used to having most of the ball and it didn’t really suit his skill set.  That doesn’t explain why he looks stronger, fitter and quicker, granted 

Naby Sarr...

His name was up there with Reza and Lepoint as players who stood for everything wrong about Roland's network
  • Has to be Sarr. Nobody wanted to see him again when Robbo was manager and his loan ended. Now the majority of us will be gutted if we don’t extend his contract, massive turnaround. 
  • Has to be Sarr. Nobody wanted to see him again when Robbo was manager and his loan ended. Now the majority of us will be gutted if we don’t extend his contract, massive turnaround. 
    Still remember the comments when he was seen warming up ahead of the Dover pre-season friendly

I'm still disappointed we didnt keep Cristian Ceballos as think he could have gone the same way as Sarr - He was outstanding in the Pre-Season Friendlies that summer, especially in Ireland... Although see he didnt really get much game time @ STVV (injuries?) and transfered to a club in Qatar this year
  • Many people on here saw his value last season and can see how much he contributed to our success.

Others couldn't and wouldn't and even dismissed his vital goal v Doncaster.

Always a good player and essential in a largely inexperienced midfield, even more so now at this level where we don't dominate as we did last season, hence why his best games last term where the big ones v Donny and at Wembley.

Jacko mentioned how much we missed that type of player v Shewsbury when we go "old-manned".

Also a great role model in training and the dressing room according to Jacko.
    Have Bromley Addicks tried to get him along for an evening?

If he's not already done so of course
  • Excellent Pro and feel comfortable knowing he is playing. I hope losing Field will not lessen his impact (Rest and recovery).
  • Many people on here saw his value last season and can see how much he contributed to our success.

Always a good player and essential in a largely inexperienced midfield, even more so now at this level where we don't dominate as we did last season, hence why his best games last term where the big ones v Donny and at Wembley.

Jacko mentioned how much we missed that type of player v Shewsbury when we go "old-manned".

Have Bromley Addicks tried to get him along for an evening?

If he's not already done so of course
    No but we have a current players meeting in March.
  • Sponsored links:

He was unfit at the start of last season, which is why people thought that "his legs had gone". During the second half of the season though he was decent, and then has stepped it up even more this season, helped by playing in more of a defensive position, rather than a box to box role
  • edited October 2019
    Many people on here saw his value last season and can see how much he contributed to our success.

He was unfit at the start of last season, which is why people thought that "his legs had gone". During the second half of the season though he was decent, and then has stepped it up even more this season, helped by playing in more of a defensive position, rather than a box to box role
    And to add to your quote, Killer ....... people seem to forget that in the 1st half of last season, the team was ravaged by injuries, Pratley included. To his credit, Pratley was rushed back to play without any match fitness and then having to miss the next game, barely training. And so on for a long period.

Many judged him before he had the chance to get properly fit or any match sharpness.
    Now he's match fit, we can truly appreciate his worth.

• I am eating serious amount of humble pie when it comes to Darren. Pretty much all of last season I didn’t want him anywhere near the starting line up, now he would be the first name on my team sheet - amazing difference in half a season.
  • I am eating serious amount of humble pie when it comes to Darren. Pretty much all of last season I didn’t want him anywhere near the starting line up, now he would be the first name on my team sheet - amazing difference in half a season.
    You wouldn’t be wrong though. He didn’t deserve to start last season, now he does. 
  • edited December 2019
    Player of the season for me. 

Just a shame he isn’t a few years younger so he could be the mainstay in our midfield for a few more years. 

Replacing him will be a hard thing to do.
  • Think he looks brilliant at centre back tbh... If we had another combative centre mid, that is where I'd play him
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Think he looks brilliant at centre back tbh... If we had another combative centre mid, that is where I'd play him
    Much prefer to play a back 4 though and he only really works at CB to in a back 3. He has played brilliantly in CM this season, not sure why you would take him out of there. 
  • He should also be captain in my view, not just when Pearce isn't on the pitch.