Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Igor injury (ed. Again)

Comments

• Options

Sage said:

Unreal, was looking forward to seeing Igor up top with Taylor. Means we won’t see that until the end of September.

Having two plantar fascia injuries so close to one another is odd. You have got to look at the footwear these players are wearing and where the forces are being transmitted to, these injuries shouldn’t happen.

Often with this type of injury it can be down to the surface you play on. I am convinced 4G pitches are terrible for injuries.
    When would the players have played on a 4G or even 3G pitch? Surface is of course a big factor but footwear is the main contributor. Too often players are wearing the wrong type of trainers/boots for the their feet.
  • Options

Sage said:

Unreal, was looking forward to seeing Igor up top with Taylor. Means we won’t see that until the end of September.

Having two plantar fascia injuries so close to one another is odd. You have got to look at the footwear these players are wearing and where the forces are being transmitted to, these injuries shouldn’t happen.

Often with this type of injury it can be down to the surface you play on. I am convinced 4G pitches are terrible for injuries.
    Do Welling have a 4G pitch now?
    Nope but our players train every day on a 4G pitch, possible that is a pre-cursor to the injury sustained. I could be completely wrong but my personal experience having ruptured both cruciates on 4G pitches is that they are not great for you.
  • Options
    and so it begins i think survival is more on the cards this season as opposed to playoffs, with the current squad and no additions 12-16th good job im heading to a wedding for the playoffs next year :wink:
  • Options
    Oh dear - couldn't make that up.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Sage said:

When would the players have played on a 4G or even 3G pitch? Surface is of course a big factor but footwear is the main contributor. Too often players are wearing the wrong type of trainers/boots for the their feet.
    I thought sparrows lane was all 4G after the re-development?
  • Options

Sage said:

Sage said:

Your getting confused with ditches
  • Options

Sage said:

Sage said:

Arent the 4G pitches indoor for when winter freezes or floods the grass pitches?
  • Options

All footballers should wear these

Best football boots ever made
  • Options
    Ffs! We cannot catch a break! Bad luck after bad luck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Predictably boring
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Predictably boring

No,how can you say that...I'm breathless with anticipation of what can go tits up next..
  • Options
    ffs
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    won't see him until January ever again
  • Options
    The fella has not played in a Charlton league or cup game since 2016. Personally i doubt we would have seen him anyway. Ceballos from last pre season.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Poor bloke, sounded like he was sharp.

Plantar Fascia tear is a nasty injury.
  • Options
    I seem to recall this being a heavy challenge from a Welling player but I could be wrong? I am relieved in some ways in that at least it was not Fosu who did take some hefty challenges.
  • Options
    He will be back for January transfer window.
  • Options
    What a fucking surprise!!!!
  • Options
    My wife had plantar fascia and couldn't walk without pain for at least a year and I doubt it was a tear.
    So I don't expect to see Vetokele before January.
    The wife's fit though :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If/when I own Charlton, those will be standard issue to all players. Compulsory.
    Proper boots in the correct colour.
    Let the football be the show not the silly haircuts, full sleeves and clowns boots.
  • Options

If/when I own Charlton, those will be standard issue to all players. Compulsory.
    Proper boots in the correct colour.
    Let the football be the show not the silly haircuts, full sleeves and clowns boots.
    I’d love to have heard what Brian Clough would have said about the subject!
  • Options
    I have planta fasciitis....I am not a pro footballer but you just don't get an injury of this sort all of a sudden..he would have been already carrying the problem...in which case he shouldn't have been playing
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

FFS.

First 45 mins he's played for us for 2 years and now he's out for 2 months.

You can't blame a player for an injury, but you can blame a club for buying injury-prone players for a paper-thin squad.

Or for playing them when injured
  • Options
    Usain Bolt has now been linked
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

FFS.

First 45 mins he's played for us for 2 years and now he's out for 2 months.

You can't blame a player for an injury, but you can blame a club for buying injury-prone players for a paper-thin squad.

Or for playing them when injured
    Ah, but you have to sweat the assets
  • Options
    8 weeks immobilisation, minimum, gonna be at least that long again before he gets involved in any ball work at SL, then another month before he's even nearly up to speed for a fizzydrink cup match
    with my rose tinted specs on, based on him being broken and not playing for 2 years a more sober view will him just about being up to speed for a medical for a free transfer out in January
    I can't even draw any solace from rolythetwunt having to pay Igor his megabucks all this time for no return whatsoever.
    Good luck with your rehab (again) Igor
  • Options

This is why it’s impossible to get up for anything related to Charlton. What’s the point in even trying when it’s just continuous shit news.

Absolutely this. I've basically detached myself from what's going on. Until the club is new hands I'm just not going to subject myself to the complete clown show that is and has been going on for far too long.
  • Options
    You can only laugh!

3 days after it’s announced he wants to stay and he is confirmed he’s injured
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Poor bloke, sounded like he was sharp.

Plantar Fascia tear is a nasty injury.

Obviously got sympathy for him as well, but he hasnt sounded like he was sharp since 2014.