Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD calling for Charlton Athletic fans to boycott Valley if takeover deal is not done by August 4

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Swisdom said:

Dont give s fuck about Roland.

I support Charlton and will be there with my season ticket, my mate and my 6 year old son.

Same, but without a kid LOL

• Options
    Not going til Roland leaves anyway so not a problem for me to stay away.
  • Options
    To be honest I don't think that a season of throwing crap onto the pitch and wearing black and white scarves and shirts will make Roland sell the club any quicker. neither will trips to Belgium.

Its quite simple. If you want to go to games, go. if not don't.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I support Charlton and will be there with my season ticket, my mate and my 6 year old son.

If you want to go, go
    If you want to boycott, boycott

But be your own person

this, I'll be there come what may
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Personally I think it's down to individuals to decide whether to go or not etc

Especially as we don't know all the reasons why the takeover has taken so long. I've not seen enough evidence to say for certain where the blame lies, and suspect that both sides are partially to blame.
  • Options
    What happened to support the team not the regime, more u turns than brexit policy.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

If you want to go, go
    If you want to boycott, boycott

But be your own person

this, I'll be there come what may
    Me too Eltham!

Owners come and go, RD will be gone soon enough, none of which will stop me supporting the team!
  • Options
    I’ll still go. No amount of boycotting will speed up the process. Only a 100% boycott would draw the attention of the press. Anything else is pointless
  • Options
    As far as I know Mrs ltgtr hasn’t booked a family holiday that clashes with the start of the season without telling me so I’m not boycotting...
  • Options
    Back this 100%.

Been picking and choosing my games paying as little as possible in order to atill get my Charlton fix. Not a penny more until he goes.
  • Options
    I support Card all the way but with the best part of 5k season tickets already sold I can't see much of a boycott other than those that will boycott regardless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A boycott is a personal choice obviously, but I wonder if instead of protests en mass we might have organic action groups emerging, like ROT to disrupt Rolands club as much as possible (within the law).
    If saving money on energy and breakfasts matter so much, then spending ten times as much on security just in case will matter more.
  • Options

I support Card all the way but with the best part of 5k season tickets already sold I can't see much of a boycott other than those that will boycott regardless.

Indeed. In hindsight, boycott calls were for 2 years ago, and I’m still not convinced it would have worked then.

Too many maybes are still in play. If this takeover collapses, nothing else emerges and RD is still squeezing things down, then they need to start again in a big way with widespread support. Right now seems half hearted and ultimately pointless imo.
  • Options
    It is taking too long - it has become ridiculous. I'm waiting for it to happen and when it does I can support my team in the right way again. in the meantime Roland is not getting a penny from me. Last season I went to quite a few games, I am not going to one until that plank sells us.
  • Options
    Seems like an odd time to announce this, but hope it gets the support it deserves.
  • Options
    This is just frustration from the takeover transaction. I’m sure the Aussies want to complete this deal ASAP like everyone else but they have to be satisfied in the dealing. This boycott will not be the catalyst to the takeover.
    I can feel the desperation to rid RD and fans frustration that something needs to be done but patience is the virtue in this case. It won’t be long.
    Roland out!
  • Options
    The prospect of a completed deal with the Ausxies has been promoted so often I am reminded of the 'Boy Who Cried Wolf' fairy tale. Certainly we are in Emporers New Clothes territory.
  • Options
    Was going to bring my eldest to one of the pre season games, if the takeover was complete, it’s not, so it can wait

Not a penny more until we’re sold
  • Options
    Well nothing has changed since the end of the season so why people would change their mind in the other direction from back then would be no sense at all.

Maybe people got their hopes up when Muir, Murphy and Elliott turned up with their scarves on 68 days ago, but that is no closer to getting us new owners today as it was back then.

So will as per normal will buy the cheapest price ticket possible and spend no more than that.

But as a couple of people have already stated it's your money, you spend it how you like.

Personally I would like to see some sort of action at the Shrewsbury home game on the 11th.