Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Milan - City break suggestions places to see etc

edited July 2018 in Not Sports Related
Off to Milan next month for a long weekend. Anyone got any advice of places to see eat etc. Hoping to get a game in at the San siro aswel

Comments

• Options
    Obico Duomo - good restaurant with amazing view of Duomo di Milano.
  • Options
    Go to the San Siro and go stand on top of the Duomo. That’s about it.
  • Options
    If you like interesting beer then Lambiczoon is a slightly out-of-the-way gem. They have Cantillon ON TAP ffs, and the best burger (pork) that I've ever had
  • Options
    Just be sure to use the tram constantly. I fucking love a tram city
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Go to the San Siro and go stand on top of the Duomo. That’s about it.

Cheers mate , that's one hour sorted then ;)
  • Options
    If you want to see Leonardos Last Supper, book as early as possible. Otherwise as others have said, don't miss the Duomo and the San Siro.
  • Options
    Trying to remember what we did there! Was only last year ffs

There's a nice bit (called the Naviglio) with canals and boutiques and bars and stuff if you fancy being a bit of a hipster, but if you're only there for the weekend then idk really
  • Options
    Milan isn't that exciting I'm afraid. Take a day trip to Lake Como, get a boat on to the lake and the fenicular to a mountain top. I think it's from Cadorna station and takes about 45 minutes.

Inter and Milan sell tickets online and offer print at home options, probably without a £1.50 charge. Let me know if you need any help purchasing.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Just be sure to use the tram constantly. I fucking love a tram city

Does that mean you like Croydon?
  • Options
    If you want to go on top of the Duomo, try to be there early in the morning to avoid the queue. And it's not that hot.
    The Castello Sforzesco and the park around is good and something special is the Cimitero Maggiore.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You're probably not going to have time as there will be plenty to do in Milan, but I'd recommend a 1 hour train journey to Como on Lake Como (funnily enough) from Milan Central Rail Station.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NOmmtIlMoMw
  • Options
    Thanks all much appreciated
  • Options
    +1 for the castello, although lots of it is indoors so might not be what you're after on a warm August day...
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Went there for work a few months ago. Our client is an Italian who used to live in Milan, so had some great recommendations on food. Unfortunately we were on a production schedule so didn't get to eat out as much as we'd like.

Best pasta we had: mi scusi
    Best pizza: pizzium

I would highly recommend having the Osso Bucco Milanese. No particular restaurant to recommend, a lot of places serve it. It's simply fantastic and the 'dish' of Milan.

Navigli canal also worth a walk down and a lot of nice restaurants and some gelato.

Enjoy.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

You're probably not going to have time as there will be plenty to do in Milan, but I'd recommend a 1 hour train journey to Como on Lake Como (funnily enough) from Milan Central Rail Station.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NOmmtIlMoMw

We're looking at going to como then going on to Bellagio. Do you know how easy this is ? Is there a train or bus that does the trip @bazjonster
  • Options
    If it's the Bellaglio in Vegas you might have trouble getting a bus.
  • Options
    Take plenty of Euros, beer is very expensive, think London and double it.
  • Options
    Word advice if you're going to San Siro in August for a game, dress for stifling heat. It gets seriously hot in the ground if it's an afternoon KO. Would recommend second tier behind the goal opposite the home curva. Good view and reasonably priced. Serie A fixtures out on Thursday, so hopefully an exciting game while you're there.
  • Options
    RDG said:

Word advice if you're going to San Siro in August for a game, dress for stifling heat. It gets seriously hot in the ground if it's an afternoon KO. Would recommend second tier behind the goal opposite the home curva. Good view and reasonably priced. Serie A fixtures out on Thursday, so hopefully an exciting game while you're there.

Thank you
  • Options
    Visit the financial district. Got a great atmosphere around there and in the evening has some cracking bars. There is also a park full of bars at night.