Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Ticketing System Launched

1234568»

Comments

• Anybody understand this new system?

Trying to buy tickets for myself and 2 friends.

I've added myself as the owner of one ticket, but my two mates don't have membership numbers so I can't purchase them?

I've added myself as the owner of one ticket, but my two mates don't have membership numbers so I can't purchase them?

I think you just put them all under your name. But if they’re children or students they may need their own login.
  • JaShea99 said:

Anybody understand this new system?

I think you just put them all under your name. But if they’re children or students they may need their own login.
    Cheers, yes we are all students so I guess I'll have to drive down to the Valley to get them
  • JaShea99 said:

Cheers, yes we are all students so I guess I'll have to drive down to the Valley to get them
    I emailed proof of my partner’s student status to get her registered on the system. But it might not be worth doing that 3 times for a one off.
  • JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

I emailed proof of my partner’s student status to get her registered on the system. But it might not be worth doing that 3 times for a one off.
    Drove to the Valley and had to sign my two mates up as members to get the student discounts. Was a lot of effort like you said.

The thing I find strange is that they went to all that effort to make sure we are students, but now I automatically get a student discount on the system and the scanner means nobody ever checks if you're a student. So in theroy I could keep getting student discount for years and years.
  • JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

Drove to the Valley and had to sign my two mates up as members to get the student discounts. Was a lot of effort like you said.

The thing I find strange is that they went to all that effort to make sure we are students, but now I automatically get a student discount on the system and the scanner means nobody ever checks if you're a student. So in theroy I could keep getting student discount for years and years.
    Yeah I thought that about the scanner too. I thought it was good how I could then buy away student tickets too as she was already registered though. I did have to provide proof of her course end date, so I assume the student discount will be lifted after that date, but maybe not.
  • JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

Yeah I thought that about the scanner too. I thought it was good how I could then buy away student tickets too as she was already registered though. I did have to provide proof of her course end date, so I assume the student discount will be lifted after that date, but maybe not.
    We weren't asked for course end date, I wonder when they'll remove ours...
  • JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

JaShea99 said:

We weren't asked for course end date, I wonder when they'll remove ours...
    Sounds about right, no forward planning or consistency.
  • JaShea99 said:

That’s not helping the environment is it now, d’oh!
  • Fumbluff said:

JaShea99 said:

Charlton under RD really are 1 step forward and about 5 back with decisions.
  • Sponsored links:

Ask Covered End, he's your man.
  • The system is paid for by the transaction fees, and as I suggested for better or worse at the FF recently it is being paid for by the fans in an effective price hike (most non ST sales are done online) typical of the short termism and penny pinching of this current ownership - although it does seem to be an enhanced service and some online offers are due to surface.
  • Does anyone know how to print at home from the new website? Would not let me login with details from last year so had to register again. Went through ok but no email received and cannot see anywhere on account to print off via website. Of course - the ticket office is shut so can't ring to ask them to send thru via email.
  • Mrkinski said:

Does anyone know how to print at home from the new website? Would not let me login with details from last year so had to register again. Went through ok but no email received and cannot see anywhere on account to print off via website. Of course - the ticket office is shut so can't ring to ask them to send thru via email.

Managed to get through to ticket office after 10am - have to collect from ticket office. Don't understand why you cannot print from the website, only email, as email never arrived. Excellent new online system. Not.
  • Mrkinski said:

Does anyone know how to print at home from the new website? Would not let me login with details from last year so had to register again. Went through ok but no email received and cannot see anywhere on account to print off via website. Of course - the ticket office is shut so can't ring to ask them to send thru via email.

Opens at 10am.
  • Mrkinski said:

Mrkinski said:

Managed to get through to ticket office after 10am - have to collect from ticket office. Don't understand why you cannot print from the website, only email, as email never arrived. Excellent new online system. Not.
    Someone’s probably tipped a packet of crisps into the server.
  • Mrkinski said:

Mrkinski said:

Someone’s probably tipped a packet of crisps into the server.
    True. And I'm only going cos I heard there were free crisps for CAFC customers from 1.30pm.

• Fumbluff said:

JaShea99 said:

Charlton under RD really are 1 step forward and about 5 back with decisions.
    There's nobody left to make decisions. They can't even agree on who can eats crisps and where, so ticketing way out of their league
  • The new ticketing system is a crock ... Have purchased a ticket for today's match for print at home. I've had no email with the ticket attached. Have been onto the TO four times and four times they've resent ... Useless. So now I have to queue up and collect the ticket which defeats the object of being able to print at home.
  • _MrDick said:

The new ticketing system is a crock ... Have purchased a ticket for today's match for print at home. I've had no email with the ticket attached. Have been onto the TO four times and four times they've resent ... Useless. So now I have to queue up and collect the ticket which defeats the object of being able to print at home.

Same here. Why they can't have it available from your account on the website, I don't know.
  • Sponsored links:

• Print at home tickets printed without the scan readable bar code for some people for Tuesday's game. A lot of hassle for these people being sent from one ticket office to the other to get it sorted (depending on which stand their ticket was for), and many of these missed kick off.
    It hasn't been mentioned on here before as far as I know. I would be checking I had a bar code on the ticket about now if I had bought one!
  • Didn't know which thread to add this to
    but my gripe, i tried to buy online in family stand for a child (my son ), myself and 3 other sons have season tickets , he was forced to come by the wife ....

you can't buy online for a child on their own in the Family Stand .
    so rang up and had to buy over the phone with £2.50 charge rather than £1.50 charge if the system would allow me to buy online
    also had to collect ticket from North Stand ticket office because they couldn't email it to me , yet they could email information about the ticket purchase I had just made .

yes it's only a quid but should I have to pay with my time and money cos the system is shit
  • Didn't know which thread to add this to
    but my gripe, i tried to buy online in family stand for a child (my son ), myself and 3 other sons have season tickets , he was forced to come by the wife ....

you can't buy online for a child on their own in the Family Stand .
    so rang up and had to buy over the phone with £2.50 charge rather than £1.50 charge if the system would allow me to buy online
    also had to collect ticket from North Stand ticket office because they couldn't email it to me , yet they could email information about the ticket purchase I had just made .

yes it's only a quid but should I have to pay with my time and money cos the system is shit

Had a similar issue yesterday, was forced to buy ticket on the day. Ended costing me £3 more...